YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Nights in Rodanthe
This topic is about Nights in Rodanthe
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks --> Starting 10th March

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46256 comments Mod
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks comes a tender story of hope and joy; of sacrifice and forgiveness -- a moving reminder that love is possible at any age, at any time, and often comes when we least expect it. At forty-five, Adrienne Willis must rethink her entire life when her husband abandons her for a younger woman. Reeling with heartache and in search of a respite, she flees to the small coastal town of Rodanthe, North Carolina to tend to a friend's inn for the weekend. But when a major storm starts moving in, it appears that Adrienne's perfect getaway will be ruined -- until a guest named Paul Flanner arrives. At fifty-four, Paul has just sold his medical practice and come to Rodanthe to escape his own shattered past. Now, with the storm closing in, two wounded people will turn to each other for comfort -- and in one weekend set in motion feelings that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives.

Did You Know?---
The main characters' names were Christmas presents to Nicholas's in-laws (Paul and Adrienne)?
This was Nicholas's first book to debut at #1?

I've finished, suuuch a good book! Pleased it was my first one!

The MCs relationships (view spoiler)

Adrienne (view spoiler)

Paul (view spoiler)

Amanda (view spoiler)

Review: This book did have me in tears a few times while listening. For such a short book, this definitely packed a punch! Lots of stuff happening, lots of character background and backstory (could possibly be the most I've ever read that I've been interested in!) I loved learning about these characters and their pasts and how Adrienne's story related to Amanda. I couldn't imagine my mother keeping something like that from me growing up. I feel like I know my mum, and if she pulls something like that on me I'd be so shocked! (view spoiler)
I like the sibling dynamic too, how (view spoiler)
This was such a beautiful story. I'm so pleased Rae got me into Nicholas Sparks' books, because I'm really enjoying them so far.

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Paul (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Amanda (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Adrienne (view spoiler)

I know, it's the fact that they know what they're doing and it isn't just one time. And the kids to take into account as well, at that age!

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Jack (view spoiler)

I know!

message 9: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments oooo I think there are two threads for the same thing

Yeah I made them, didn't realise you made them too. You didn't share them with me so I made them myself XD

message 11: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Maddison wrote: "Yeah I made them, didn't realise you made them too. You didn't share them with me so I made them myself XD"
I didn't make, I posted in the March BR, I didn't even know they had come in until I came back.

Oh gotcha.