2018 Fantasy Showcase > C.A. King- Fantasy Author

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

C.A. King

C.A. King

Sleeping Sands

It’s the final meeting of the camp before Willow and her friends find themselves whisked away to different schools hidden all over the main world. When Cassandrhea Tibbins interrupts, changes in plans are set in motion. With ‘The Empowered’ newspaper, run by the Quidnunks, continuing to pipe out damaging articles about Willow, there is no choice but to hide her from everyone. Never has she felt so isolated and helpless. It will take all of Willow’s strength to muster enough courage to face old and new enemies without the support of her allies.

This fourth book of the Portal Prophecies series, delves deep into the understanding of magic and self-discovery. The plot continues to twist and turn as Cornelius’ ideas dive further into madness. Will Willow be able to handle this new pressure of hiding everything about herself from assassins, reporters, and new enemies or will she end up on the run from everyone? Will she be able to figure out the meaning of the latest prophecy alone?

Sleeping Sands is the fourth book in The Portal Prophecies series.

A Keeper's Destiny (The Portal Prophecies #1) by C.A. King A Halloween's Curse (The Portal Prophecies #2) by C.A. King Frost Bitten (The Portal Prophecies #3) by C.A. King Sleeping Sands (The Portal Prophecies #4) by C.A. King Deadly Perceptions (The Portal Prophecies #5) by C.A. King Finding Balance (The Portal Prophecies #6) by C.A. King

message 2: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 01:32AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Hello, My name is C.A. King and I'm your hostess for this booth!

I am a fantasy author. I currently have 18 books available
The Portal Prophecies Series books 1-6
Tomoiya's Story book 1 & 2
Surviving the sins book 1-3
When Leaves Fall
Peach Coloured Daisies
Flower Shields
Finding the Fountain of Youth
Miracles Not Included
Twisted Tales of a Dead End Street
Shot Through The Heart: A Faerie Tale

Over the weekend I'm going to introduce you to not only my books, but myself as well in our own journey of sorts. If you plan on coming along for the ride, give me a shout out in the comments. Tell me where you are from and if you have read anything written by me before. If we have 5 people I'll giveaway some swag!

message 3: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 01:30AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments The Portal Prophecies Series:
Book 1 ~ A Keeper's Destiny
Book 2 ~ A Halloween's Curse
Book 3 ~ Frost Bitten
Book 4 ~ Sleeping Sands
Book 5 ~ Deadly Perceptions
Book 6 ~ Finding Balance

The main protagonist, Willow, is a teenage girl growing up on her own in a magical world where the past is a mystery. A series of events set her and her friends on a journey like no other, leading them to a new understanding of themselves, their feelings and their abilities. As they begin to unravel all that previously transpired, they find themselves the sole opposition to a plot that could destroy all existence. The one clue they have is a book filled with hundreds of predictions called 'The Portal Prophecies'. Deciphering them however, will not be an easy task. Written by someone from their past, the pages are lined with riddle like poems. Even worse they appear to be in no particular order.

Each book is based on a different prophecy leading our heroes and heroines to new places and new friends while experiencing growing pains along the way. The entire series, delves deep into the understanding of magic and self-discovery, all the while questioning the right versus wrong equation on personal levels.

As the books progress, readers will find some new explanations for old tales, myths, legends, folk lore and unusual phenomena that could just make them question the validity of stories we all have grown up with. Vampires, Witches, Ghosts, Monsters, Santa Claus, Atlantis, Elves, Dragons, Faeries, find out the alternate truth to them all.

The Portal Prophecies on Amazon

message 4: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 01:37AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments LUST (Surviving the Sins Book 3) by C.A. King Pride (Surviving The Sins Book 2) by C.A. King Surviving The Sins Answering the Call by C.A. King

Surviving the Sins

Answering the call

The prophecies are being rewritten. This time someone is using the seven deadly sins: Lust; Gluttony; Greed; Sloth; Wrath; Envy; and Pride, to unlock an ancient evil. The book falls into Jade's hands to answer destiny's call. Can she survive the sins?

PRIDE

No one is safe when a witch's pride is at stake.

Prudance is back in Pewterclaw, and she isn't about to give up her prestigious status without a fight - especially not because of vampires. As an eighth-generation witch, she plans to do whatever it takes to stop the proposed new legislation from becoming law, including waking the dead for help.

Humility isn't in her vocabulary. With an ego spinning out of control and ancestral power at her fingertips, Prudance weaves a plot to keep Jade and Gavin separated. Will it be enough to satisfy the spirits she summoned? 

When her pride costs more than she bargained for, someone has to pay the tab - but who will it be?

LUST

What Mother doesn't know won't hurt her.

Lucinda has spent her entire life running The Organization and looking after Mother's needs without complaint. That's about to change. A burning desire had manifested inside her - one she could no longer deny... Lust.

When Constable Safron Black shows up unexpected with news of an imprisoned God, Lucinda unravels. With power fueling her passion, she'll do anything to make Morynx her mate.

Jade and her friends find themselves at a standstill. They have already failed to stop Pride from completing its task and they haven't located any victims for the other six sins. A strange fire in the municipal office puts them hot on the trail of what could be answers. Will they be in time to stop the dial from moving and further opening the way for Morynx?

Surviving The Sins on Amazon

message 5: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:27AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Finding The Fountain of Youth (Shattering the Effects of Time Book 1) by C.A. King

Shattering the Effects of Time

Join the Shinning brothers -- Jessie, Dezi and Pete -- as they set out on a quest to save their younger sister. No magic known to them or their friends has ever been able to reverse the grip of time. A few legends, however, exist mentioning ancient items that may hold the key to do exactly that.

This brand new series will take you on a search for the Fountain of Youth and mermaids; a quest for the Holy Grail; a trip to visit Daryl the Mountain Guru, in the hunt for the Cinamani Stone; on a search for ambrosia, the food of the gods; and other adventures.
The Shinning boys have always followed the straight-and-narrow path through life, never deviating from the course for the greater good, but never fully applying their abilities to fight for it either. That all changed the day their younger sister became the victim.
The problem: the villain they have to face to save her is time itself.

The only possible solution: a handful of myths about artifacts believed to have the ability to reverse the grip of time.

Their one lead sets them on a quest to find an ancient civilization of mermaids to unlock the secrets of the Fountain of Youth. What they discover along the way is more than they could have ever anticipated. The three boys will come face-to-face with their own demons as they are forced to make a choice. What price are they willing to pay to save their sister?

#Mermaids, #Pirates & #Magic ~

On Amazon

message 6: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:25AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Escape to Darkness (Tomoiya's Story #1) by C.A. King

99 cent sale! Tomoiya's Story: Escape to Darkness ~

Winner of the New Adult Category in the Summer Indie Book Awards

Two different ages - Two vampire princesses.

Two stories - one written in a book - the other about to begin.

Escape To Darkness tells the tale of Allaynie, a vampire whose tears are worth a fortune. A chance meeting on her wedding day changes her whole existence.

and

Woden, a man to whom greed is merely good business. Hunting is his trade. He'll do anything to collect her unique tears for profit, even chase her into darkness.

On Amazon

message 7: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:26AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Collecting Tears (Tomoiya's Story) by C.A. King

Tomoiya's Story: Collecting Tears

Winner of the Summer Indie Book Awards for best Novella

A Vampire's Tale

She had everything including a secret...
but, she wasn't the only one with something to hide.

On Amazon

message 8: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:23AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Peach Coloured Daisies (A Cursed By The Gods Story Book 1) by C.A. King

He couldn't die. An ancient curse meant she always did. This time, that was going to change - one way or another.

When Daisy's grandmother, her last living relative, passes away, she doesn't know where to turn. Things go from bad to worse when a local psychic tells her about a curse. Alone and confused, she ends up in front of her college professor's office, ready to cry her heart out in his arms.

Matt Demi might be the son of a God, but he's living the life of a cursed man. He's had to watch the woman he loves die on her twenty-first birthday countless times. Nothing he does seems to be able to affect the outcome. When she shows up at his office scared out of her wits by a psychic's prediction, he vows this time will be different.

With only three days, Matt will need to embrace a side of him he swore off long ago to save her, but will he lose himself in the process?

On Amazon

message 9: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:24AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments When Leaves Fall A Different Point of View Story by C.A. King

Award Recipient - 2017 Readers' Favourite Novella/Short Story category

Ralph wakes up to what others only experience in a nightmare. Chained to a shed, he has no idea where he is, or who his captor is. His memories are blurred at best. As the days press on, he finds himself experiencing a roller coaster of feelings. Hunger, thirst and pain become his only companions. Flashbacks of a happier time are all he has to keep him going. As his situation deteriorates, he finds himself doubting he ever had the very thing he wants most - a family. 

When Leaves Fall is a dramatic thriller with a twist. Keep the tissue box close for the ending.

WARNING: May cause extreme sadness

Reviews For When Leaves Fall:

There's no question, my official rating for When Leaves Fall is 4 out of 4 stars and I can't recommend it enough. If you like suspense, mystery or a good twist you'll love it, and even if you typically shy away from those genres you'll love it too. The book very briefly covers violence and there's no gore, brutal violence, sex or cussing. It was so good that I looked up what else C.A. King has written, and now I want to read the rest of her books as well! If they're anywhere near as good as this one she's definitely an author to follow. ~ an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When Leaves Fall" by C.A. King

Oh my, When Leaves Fall should come with a trigger warning label. This book has broken by heart but in the best possible way. It has been a very long time since I have given a book a 5-star rating, and this book more than deserves the honor. ~ Peachy Keen Reviews

When Leaves Fall by C.A. King is a powerful story that strikes at the hearts of everyone, even those made of the hardest stone. C.A. King builds intense suspense throughout his short story as he delays the revelation of the captor's identity and his place in Ralph's life. When Leaves Fall made me appreciate everything that I have in life, even the smallest of things. Ralph had close to nothing, although he captured my heart from the beginning and never released it. C.A. King's work struck me on a deeply emotional level and made me want to be more diligent in my community. When Leaves Fall conveys a strong message that drives the reader into action. It's a powerful and necessary story that tugs at your heartstrings and inspires you at the same time. I would definitely recommend this tragic thriller to any reader. - Reviewed by Hannah Richburg for Readers' Favorite 

On Amazon

message 10: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:20AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Miracles Not Included by C.A. King

Award winning author C.A. King presents Miracles Not Included: a heartfelt romantic story about: life; love; loss; and learning to love again.

If only life came with instructions and a warning label, Miracles Not Included.

Chris was born to be a writer. Even the smallest of details couldn't pass without notice, often becoming part of a plot for her next novel. The one thing she never saw coming was her husband's sudden illness.

Jason loved his wife from the moment they met. Nothing could ever change that – nothing except the death sentence he'd been handed, a terminal cancer diagnosis.

His story was ending: Hers was starting a new chapter and more than one miracle was needed to turn the page.

On Amazon

message 11: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:21AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Flower Shields (A Four Horsemen Novel Book 1) by C.A. King

Meet the four horsemen: Michael, Gabrielle, Uriel and Raphael. For centuries their job has been to guard the gates of hell, making sure they never open. Without the keys, there was never any real threat. That's about to change. There are rumours on the horizon that demon followers unearthed scrolls that explain exactly how to find the lost keys. This new battle is a race to see which side locates them first.

Michael couldn't care less about the love story behind how and why the world was created. In fact, nothing matters to him other than keeping the gates to hell closed. If one of the lost keys ever fell into the wrong hands, all humanity would be doomed. He's not going to let that happen - at any cost.

Tara's life is nothing short of a disaster. She's managed to flunk out of college with about the same amount of dignity as every relationship she's been in. The only constant in her life has been her love for flowers. When she's attacked at work, a stranger comes to her aid. Michael might be good-looking, but he's also arrogant, bossy and crazy. He's also her only chance to figure out who attacked her and why. Should she follow her heart and trust him - or listen to her head and run?

On Amazon

message 12: by C.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 01:46AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Twisted Tales Of A Dead End Street by C.A. King

☆.•°*°•.☆SPECIAL #PREORDER PRICE ONLY $0.99!☆.•°*°•.☆

New from award-winning author, C.A. King - a paranormal mystery laced with comedic undertones: Twisted Tales of a Dead End Street.

Nine neighbours were invited to the mysterious dinner party at 9 Nine Street. Their host, the owner of the mansion, had more planned for the evening than just roast beef.

When the secret of their quiet street was revealed, everything changed, blurring the lines between the tangible and the paranormal.

Was the number nine the difference between life and death? Would any of them survive long enough to uncover the truth?

They would each soon find out this wasn't a simple case of who-done-it so much as one of what was being done and by whom.

On Amazon

message 13: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Shot Through The Heart A Faerie Tale by C.A. King

☆.•°*°•.☆SPECIAL #PREORDER PRICE ONLY $0.99!☆.•°*°•.☆

New from award-winning author, C.A. King - a tale of two worlds - one filled with magic; the other void of it. But what happened to those trapped between the two? Adelia was about to find out...

Magic and structure were the foundations of her existence. Temptation controlled the ability to destroy everything she knew. The world of men held a powerful allure over her heart, waking that which had long been dormant. It enticed her, snagging her in a web of emotions.

A decision had to be made. Was feeling love for the first time worth sacrificing magic and immortality?

On Amazon

message 14: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Find me on AllAuthor!

C.A. King Profile

message 15: by C.A. (last edited Apr 02, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Links and reviews are an author's life. These are mine.

Facebook Page

Twitter

Instagram

website

Bookbub

Amazon

Goodreads

Facebook Group

message 16: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Voting is open! Flower Shields is my entry!

http://brackify.com/bracket/7076/Fant...

message 17: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments How is everyone doing today? Are you enjoying the con?

message 18: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Thank you everyone voting in cover wars!

Flower Shields (A Four Horsemen Novel Book 1) by C.A. King

is in the Semi-Finals!

http://brackify.com/bracket/7076/Fant...

message 19: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments Good Afternoon!

message 20: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Nestler MSW (amnestler) | 110 comments Happy CyCon, love! <3

message 21: by C.A. (new)

C.A. King | 99 comments A. wrote: "Happy CyCon, love! <3"

Woohoo - tosses beads at A. Thanks for stopping by!