2018 Horror/Thriller Showcase > Assaph Mehr- Thriller Author

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

Assaph Mehr

Assaph Mehr

Murder In Absentia

A young man is found dead in his bed, with a look of extreme agony on his face and strange tattoos all over his body. His distraught senator father suspects foul play, and knows who to call on.

Enter Felix, a professional investigator. In the business of ferreting out dark information for his clients, Felix is neither a traditional detective nor a traditional magician – but something in between. Drawing on his experience of dealing with the shady elements of society and his aborted education in the magical arts, Felix dons his toga and sets out to discover the young man’s killers.

Murder in absentia is set in a fantasy world. The city of Egretia borrows elements from a thousand years of ancient Roman culture, from the founding of Rome to the late empire, mixed with a judicious amount of magic. This is a story of a cynical, hardboiled detective dealing with anything from daily life to the old forces roaming the world

This is a story of Togas, Daggers and Magic - it will appeal to lovers of urban fantasy, detective murder mysteries and ancient Rome.

Murder In Absentia is the first book in the Felix the Fox series.

message 2: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments G'day!

Thanks for visiting. I write mainly historical fantasy - urban fantasy detective stories, set in a fantasy version ancient Rome! I like to call them Stories of Togas, Daggers, and Magic.

I grew up on classic thrillers (Alister Maclean, anyone?), fantasy novels (a la Tolkein), and historical fiction set in Rome. Recently I've been devouring historical detectives by Ruth Downie, Lindsey Davis, Steven Saylor, Boris Akunin, et al.

That said, when it came time to write I combined it with my other passion - Fantasy. The result was a unique speculative fiction, telling the the grim-dark stories of a gumshoe detective, while exploring about what Classical Antiquity might look like if magic was real!

My debut novel was Murder In Absentia, which has been received very well (just check out the reviews ;-). The sequel, the next Felix mystery, will be out in May this year.

You can find more information, including free short stories with Felix to give you a taste of my writing, on my site: egretia.com .

So if you like your mysteries written in a classic noir, hardboiled detective style, and if you enjoy a touch of the fantastic in addition to suspense, I'd love to hear from you!

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Murder In Absentia (other topics)
Murder In Absentia (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Assaph Mehr (other topics)