Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL (touchball)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 198 (198 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments But pro and college. But I hardly follow college because there are too many teams.

Five things about pro football this year:

1. The Bears will win the NFC Central. Go Bears! I hate the Packers...sorry, Jim.

2. I will watch a lot of games the first few weeks then get bored and only watch a bit each week.

3. People will continue to talk about that jackass Brett Favre, esp. when some team or the other needs a quarterback mid-season.

4. Sally will not watch the Broncos despite the fact she lives near Denver.

5. The Steelers will not repeat.

And...you?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments YUCK.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Whoo!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

1. The Bears will win the NFC Central. Go Bears! I hate the Packers...sorry, Jim.

This is all I have to say RA

http://www.imeem.com/razeofmayhem/mus...

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments COLTS COLTS COLTS

if i don't hear about Ocho, Farve, T.O. again the rest of the year i will be a happy camper

i do want to see Vick get a chance and have some success. i REALLY feel as though he did the time coming to him and has been low key about it. and before anyone says "he killed dogs!!!!" there are lots of crimes against people that don't get that kind of punishment. (ie: donte stallworth)

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I have to agree with Kevin here...Vick did his time. He shouldn't be written off forever.

And I agree, I think the Colts will be better this year.

But the Packers won't, Jim:)

Oh, and look for the Badgers to suck, too...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I'm not sold on Bielema as a head coach yet. They actually do have a QB that can throw and a good running back corp, but the other side of the ball may not be able to stop anyone. Middle of the conference.

The Bears finally have a QB, and no body to throw to. Except the other team. :-).

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I agree with you on Bielema. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done after this year. We'll see. He talks big but he made some major mistakes on the sidelines last year and he's too wild and unpredictable. I don't think the players respect him.

Throwing to the other team...who's the all-time interception leader again, Jim?:)

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments just thinking that if the Bolts ever got a wide receiver they probably could win the super bowl

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "I agree with you on Bielema. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done after this year. We'll see. He talks big but he made some major mistakes on the sidelines last year and he's too wild and unpredictable. I don't think the players respect him. ..."

Paul Chryst is being groomed to take over, if it comes down to a choice between the two of them, I would bet money on Chryst staying.

And what did the all time interception leader accomplish in the last few years? Grand flameouts in the playoffs!

message 11: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Football is the only sport I enjoy watching, but if no one else in the house (or wherever) is watching, I don't go seek out a game to watch by myself.

My heart will always root for the Saints.

I agree Vick needs a chance to make a comeback. Dog fighting is a sad part of a certain segment of Af-Am culture, and maybe Vick's regaining prominence will give him an opportunity to help change that culture. (*crosses fingers*)

I must confess to objectifying men when I watch football. I will often root for whichever team has a guy (or guys) whom I find especially hawt! (Like Troy Polamalu. Does he still have all that hair? That's freaking sexy as hell!)

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sure, guys with hair get all the chicks

message 13: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Sorry, Kevin, but this is just pretty damn irresistible:

[image error]

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments figures. guess i will have to stick with my wit and charm :)

message 15: by Meen (last edited Aug 13, 2009 11:09AM) (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Hey, I got love for the baldies, too:

[image error]

Skuh-WEE!!!

(OK, guys, sorry I hijacked the sporty thread. I'll stay away now.)

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments figures. captain of a starship. guys in uniform get all the chicks

message 17: by Nuri (new)

Nuri (nools) | 538 comments Skimmed RA's first real fast and was all: YAY, GO BEARS-- wait, pro? : /

Nothing to say about pro. My understanding is that favorite teams are something handed down from parent to child or inherited according to hometown? My dad doesn't even know the rules, and last I checked, LA doesn't do football.... : (

But I have tickets this year! And the SC game is @ Cal! And I'm going to be especially angry if they mess up again!

I remember in my first year, Cal was ranked way up there in the top ten-ish, at one point 2nd (for all of, say, two hours before they lost a game they had absolutely no right to lose)... It's been a long saga of crushed dreams ever since....

Fingers crossed for a better season this time around.

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments OK, I'm back b/c I just heard--holyshit!--Vick is going to Philly!

(This is important to me b/c my ex-husband and still dear friend is a HEE-YUGE Eagles and McNabb fan.)

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
The Broncos' new head coach is the same age as my sister.

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the drummer for def leppard only has one arm

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Apples are red, but sometimes they are green.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments I am excited to see what our new General manager and new coach in K.C. have been up to. It will be an eyes wide shut kind of season. Bring it Chiefs!

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've heard Philly might try to use Vick and McNabb on the field at the same time...that would be interesting...

KC is going to get better, no doubt, Michelle...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Sue wrote: "Go Bears!!!"

I guess we all have our crosses to bear.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments WAAA!

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Farve to sign with Vikes.

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I assume he will retire by Friday, then?

I tell you, living in Wisconsin during the Farve retirement era has been fascinating. I mean, this guy was a saint around here...and I think had he retired after playing with the Jets he'd still be able to come back...but going over to the Vikings, whoo, well, this is going to be interesting, no doubt...

message 28: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) It's too early for me to give a shit about football.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments I am a Farve fan and Vickings are my second team so win win for me.
Now if Thigpen can stay put as k.c.'s q.t. I'll have a good feeling about the Chiefs. At least Denver didn't fare any better.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sorry michelle. cassell and croyle are in front of ol buddy tyler now on the depth chart.

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Season starts tonight! Big Bears/Pack game Sunday night. The Packers scare me this year. They're gonna be good.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that the whole NFC North will be decent, even Detroit will be better.

Books Ring Mah Bell GO BEARS!

:)

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

message 34: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hell yes, Bells! Esp. since our baseball-contention dreams are over!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Books Ring My Bell wrote: "GO BEARS!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

"

Seriuosly no need to yell here, especially since you didn't yell GO PACK!

message 36: by Books Ring Mah Bell (last edited Sep 10, 2009 07:44AM) (new)

Books Ring Mah Bell Our teams were not all that hot this year, RA.
Maybe next year, for this cubs fan...

HAHAHAH. Oh hell. that's funny.

Jim. I found your old class picture!

;)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, I have to laugh at that.

Books Ring Mah Bell You are a good sport, Jim.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Do I get any points for being a Cubs fan BRMB?

Books Ring Mah Bell Big points, Jim.

I need all the help I can giving RA crap about the Brewers and White Sox.

Well, next year.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well it appears that RA has poor taste in professional sports teams :-). Well the Brewers are ok, but they aren't the Cubs.

message 42: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You mean the Brewers have actually won a playoff game the last few years, eh, Jim?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Um well, there is that.

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments colts. indianapolis. colts

message 45: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments First Sunday!

message 46: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Colts huh. Kevin lives in Indiana.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments exactamente

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

RA, Hello Where are you?

Bells, are you there?

Any Bears fan out there?

Actually that was a great game to watch, and easily could have went either way. Good rivalry game that we needed at home. Cutler has me a little worried for you guys, but not as much as our offensive line.

message 49: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) This my ... uh http://www.bengals.com/

message 50: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments kicks Jim in balls

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.