PenPal Readers discussion

Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6; Witches #2)
This topic is about Wyrd Sisters
Archive [General] > Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett: 19th March

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments I'm going to read Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett soon. Although it's the 6th book in his Discworld series, I've heard it's one of the easiest to start with if you haven't read anything from him. Main characters of this book are witches Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax, who are absolutely amazing! I would love it if anyone joined me in reading this book on the second half of March.

Kingdoms wobble, crowns topple and knives flash on the magical Discworld as the statutory three witches meddle in royal politics. The wyrd sisters battle against frightful odds to put the rightful king on the throne. At least, that's what they think...

message 2: by Anne ✨ (new) - added it

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Mion wrote: "I'm going to read Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett soon. Although it's the 6th book in his Discworld series, I've heard it's one of the easiest to start with if you haven't read anything from him. M..."

I"m so glad you posted this, Mion! I have been wanting to read a book by this author, but was intimidated by how many books he has, and where I should start! So, I'm in for joining you in this buddy read. Just requested from library, and it's available, so I should have it within a few days. I marked my calendar for the 19th to join along!

message 3: by Tiina (last edited Mar 12, 2018 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Anne wrote: "Mion wrote: "I'm going to read Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett soon. Although it's the 6th book in his Discworld series, I've heard it's one of the easiest to start with if you haven't read anythin..."

Great! I really hope it's the kind of book that leaves a good first impression! My first Pratchett was Mort, so I had a wonderful first experience.

Someone made this wonderful chart for the reading order, but personally I feel like reading out of order doesn't affect the experience too much!

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-o...

Pixye Hi! so, I've already read Wyrd Sisters but I just wanna say, Terry Pratchett is my faaaaavourite author!!! You're bound to enjoy this book, it's one of the good ones 😁

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Pixye wrote: "Hi! so, I've already read Wyrd Sisters but I just wanna say, Terry Pratchett is my faaaaavourite author!!! You're bound to enjoy this book, it's one of the good ones 😁"

He's one of my top three favourites as well!! I absolutely love everything I've read so far! Have you read all of the books? If not, maybe we could do with another buddy read at a little later date with another book by Pratchett!

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments So, I got the book today! Although I own the book, I discovered that so does my boyfriend, so instead of bringing mine from my hometown (I keep most of my books at my old bedroom at my parents' house), I got it from him!

I'll start reading it a bit later today, provided I make progress with Äraspidi before that

message 7: by Anne ✨ (new) - added it

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Hi Mion!

I have the book in my hands today too! Picked it up at the library on Saturday. I'll start reading tonight! Looking forward to it.

message 8: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 22, 2018 09:28AM) (new) - added it

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments I started reading the first 10 pages, and I LOVE his writing! I cannot believe I waited so long to read one of his books!

I thought I'd get lots more reading in today, so I took the book with me up to an appointment. But then I left the book in the waiting room. Gasp! It's a library book. And it's far away for me to go back. Ugh! So, I called and they're keeping it there for me until my next appointment! I then went to the library website and checked out an ebook copy of the same book. I feel sooooo guilty to be hogging two copies (temporarily), but I just couldn't not keep reading it in the meantime :) LOL!

message 9: by Tiina (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Anne wrote: "I started reading the first 10 pages, and I LOVE his writing! I cannot believe I waited so long to read one of his books!

I thought I'd get lots more reading in today, so I took the book with me u..."

Having two copies to yourself is so evil! Not that I blame you, I probably would have done the same in your situation! His writing is great! I'm about 10% in right now (but I finished Äraspidi), but I'm definitely going to get some reading done today as well! There have been so many moments where I laughed out loud or at least smiled because of his writing style!