Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Eat Like Walt: Disney's Love of Food and Flavors
This topic is about Eat Like Walt
Book Issues > Incorrect author name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments I observed that the author's name is incorrect. It should read "Marcy Carriker Smothers." Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Gizem (new)

Gizem (gisela92) | 41 comments Done! :>

message 3: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments I've corrected the author's name to that on the book cover, and tried adding Marcy Smothers (the author's previous name) as co-author (according to the Manual), but it won't save.

Could any other Librarians please help me out?

message 4: by Gizem (new)

Gizem (gisela92) | 41 comments Isn't Carriker just her middle name not a pen name right?

If an author has a common name, they may choose to differentiate their names from other authors in the database in other ways. Acceptable options include:

* inserting a middle initial or middle name
* lengthening a first initial to a full first name

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments It the names are too similar according to the system it won't save the 2nd one Hugo, that's normal behaviour (although sometimes really annoying) workaround is: entering something else (I go with some letter salad as that most likely doesn't exist) and then either merge it into the correct name or (in case of GR author e.g.) edit the book record, click on "edit" besides the "something else"name and enter the correct one - it will save when pressing save. (does not work if the name you need to edit is primary author name)

message 6: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: " workaround is: entering something else (I go with some letter salad as that most likely doesn't exist) and then either merge it into the correct name or (in case of GR author e.g.) edit the book record, click on "edit" besides the "something else"name and enter the correct one - it will save when pressing save."

Brilliant tip - that's fixed it. Thank you!

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
No need to add the less complete author name if the one already there entirely includes it.