Play Book Tag discussion

Three Little Words
This topic is about Three Little Words
March 2018: Autobiography > Three Little Words/Rhodes-Courter - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Mar 11, 2018 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anita Pomerantz | 6431 comments This incredibly emotional memoir was tough to read, but also very inspiring. Ashley Rhodes-Courter relates her life story as a child in the foster care system. I have not had a very good perception of our current system for handling the needs of children who are failed by their biological parents, and this book sadly reinforced my views. However, the strength of Rhodes-Courter really comes through as well and saves the story from just being completely dark and depressing.

An extraordinary tale that makes me want to become a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate . . .somehow, we, as a society, need to do better for these innocent children who are blameless and yet suffering for the faults of others.

Finished the entire book in a day.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I agree with you so much about the system failing kids, as my wife and I have had our own experiences taking care of two kids that DFACS told us, "We would take them but we have no room" and left them at their house. Horrible.

Glad you enjoyed the book.

Anita Pomerantz | 6431 comments Jason wrote: "I agree with you so much about the system failing kids, as my wife and I have had our own experiences taking care of two kids that DFACS told us, "We would take them but we have no room" and left t..."

I am not familiar with the acronym DFACS, but assume it is a social services agency? So nice that you offered to help them. I would really like to be a foster parent, but as a new empty nester, I don't think my husband feels the same (which I get). I'm hopeful I can help in some other way.

The book was very, very good, and very moving. I just feel so badly for these powerless children . . .

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Anita wrote: "Jason wrote: "I agree with you so much about the system failing kids, as my wife and I have had our own experiences taking care of two kids that DFACS told us, "We would take them but we have no ro..."

I had the acronym wrong. DFCS, pronounced D-FAXS, stands for Department for Family and Children Services.