Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > 72k NA Contemporary Romance - Beta Readers Needed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (swatithegeek) | 128 comments Hey, guys!

Some of you may know me as a pro beta reader and editor. Well, now it's time for me to take a step back and hire someone - or rather, three 'someones' - to beta read my NA contemporary romance, Always You, which I plan to send to agents and publishers alike in a couple of months.

Always You is a modern-day, loosely-based adaptation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, set in Mumbai, India. I would prefer hiring Indian betas, but non-Indian fans of Jane Austen and Sandhya Menon (who writes YA Indian romance) are welcome, too.

Here's the plot blurb (it's quite rough, so don't judge me!):

Aashna Chaturvedi and Akash Malhotra have been friends for years. They live in the same neighbourhood, went to the same high school, and now they both go to Mansfield University. And Aashna has a secret – she’s never been able to shake off the feeling that they’d be better off being more than ‘just friends’.

But after the entry of two new students, Akash finds himself head-over-heels in love with the new girl, and Aashna realises that there are guys who actually see her as a girl. Will this twist in the tale affect the dynamics of their relationship, or will they never realise that friendship is the first and last step to love?

I have a standard beta report that I'd like you to fill out, and preferably finish reading the manuscript within a month, say, by April 15th.

Please reach out to me at swati.geekediting@gmail.com with the subject 'Beta Reader - Always You', stating your rates, turnaround time and availability.

Thanks, guys! Can't wait to get started.

message 2: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (swatithegeek) | 128 comments Found my three betas! This thread is now closed. :)