Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > YA swap, 50,000 words, romance/coming of age

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Retana | 17 comments A 16 year old girl with immigrant background, always searching for a place to belong, explores friendship, love, and sex, and gets a harsh lesson in human relationships as her perfect friendships and teen romance don’t work out. Over a short but intense time, this young protagonist is overwhelmed by very adult emotional interplay that causes her to descend into a depression, the way out of which she needs to figure out.

It’s set in the mid-90’s, and is told in the first person and in diary entry format. Currently, it’s about 50,000 words, however, I realize that there are probably parts that need expansion and more detail, and a beta reader or critique partner would be perfect to let me know what else they’d like to read about these characters. Mostly, I’d like to know if anyone would find this interesting. :)

I’ll read mostly anything, especially mystery, YA, less so fantasy, but really, i can get hooked on anything. Please let me know!

message 2: by Arlen (new)

Arlen O'Connor | 7 comments Hi Sasha,
Are you still looking for swap? I have crime drama approx. 50,000 words that I'm looking for similar feedback.

message 3: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (goodnessnwankpa) | 43 comments Hi Sasha,

Your synopsis is interesting. I will be interested in reading it. I also have a YA story that I am looking to swap for critiques.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Retana | 17 comments Arlen wrote: "Hi Sasha,
Are you still looking for swap? I have crime drama approx. 50,000 words that I'm looking for similar feedback."

Sure!