An Abundance of Katherines An Abundance of Katherines question

What's your opinion of the book?
Louloubadillo Louloubadillo Jul 23, 2014 06:40PM
It has been hard for me to find someone who has like this book and it happens to be one of my favorites so I was wondering if somebody else has like it as much as i did.

I loved this book and I think John Green did a really good job.
Usually it's love stories where someone is sick or someone is dying or someone has a broken past (no offense to TFIOS) but this one is different. It's a cheesy yet really really smart (those math equations tho!) novel about love, and the characters are sassy and smart and adorable.
It's nerdy but really deep

Enjoyed it. It's not as good as Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns, but it was something different. Something way more funny.. And that's probably the only JG's book with a happy ending (which i'd like to say - i don't like most of the time) which makes it .. special in some strange way :D

I did really like it, but not as much as TFiOS or Looking for Alaska. The footnotes seemed contrived, derivative of Infinite Jest and not really appropriate to the story. As a method of making the narrator's digressions more accessible to the reader, they're understandable, but since it's a significant part of his character that he goes off into inaccessible digressions...

I thought this book was a fun read. Not amazing like TFioS or Finding Alaska. Good read though. 3 stars.

I really enjoyed it! It was really fun and relatable and a bit quirky! I thought it was great.

Loved it. Looking For Alaska is still my favorite book by John Green, but it is a very close second, with Paper Towns taking third.

Yes, I loved it too, and honestly it's one of my favorites. I tried to find something It about it, I tried to give it 4 stars, but I loved it enough to give it 5.

Worst John Green book that I have read. I found it incredibly boring, and I couldn't stand Collin's constant whining. I feel like Green's novels have a consistent pattern where his lead characters just aren't that interesting; Collin, Pudge, Quentin I just really don't like them. His supporting characters are always amazing ,funny and seem to have more depth to them i.e(The colonel,Alaska, Margo Roth Spiegelman, Tiny). I still have yet to read "The Fault in Our Stars" and "Let it Snow" so I'm really hoping he redeems himself to me. I really liked Will Grayson, Will Grayson and felt he was the most well developed lead character of Green's works.

So kitschy I couldn't even bear it. I know the idea of one boy have 19 girlfriends named Katherine is supposed to be amusing, but I couldn't take the other aspects of the novel seriously because of it. Especially considering what kind of guy the narrator is (I can't even remember his name right now). A guy like that would be lucky to have two girlfriends in his life, and they would have two different names. Call me too critical for taking the premise so seriously, but come on!

I loved it, too.

This book was also one of my favorites! I was so shocked when nobody liked it as much as I did.

Perosnally this was the hardest book to read of john greens.. i love his writing, but his book seemed a little pointless to me whereas his other books had morals to them. Like the fault in our stars= life goes on, or paper towns = everything is not always as you imagine it.
Just my own personal opinion :D

A really fun read, I loved it. I love John Green so much, he's probably my favourite author. It isn't Looking for Alaska or The Fault In Our Stars, but I don't think you can compare any of John Green's books because they're very different from one another.

Aparna (last edited Dec 22, 2014 10:52AM ) Dec 22, 2014 10:51AM   0 votes
Because I enjoyed TFiOS and Paper Towns, I was very surprised when I started reading Katherines and... didn't enjoy it at all. Believe me, I wanted to like this book so much but I couldn't!

- I couldn't relate to Colin at all. The third person narrative didn't help with that. He was very whiny and him blurting out random facts just sounded pretentious. And 19 girlfriends all named Katherine? I didn't get the humour behind that. In fact, I didn't get the humour behind a lot of what was in this book.
- The footnotes just seemed unnecessary and annoying a lot of the time.
- His books in general are so alike. Road trip, just like in Paper Towns. A shy-ish nerdy guy who falls in love with a girl that's mysterious, or cool... just like Alaska and PT.

In general, if you've read PT and or Alaska... I don't think you'll enjoy this book that much, since a lot of the story line is the same.

Didn't enjoy it! i was expecting something better after i read TFIOS.

I enjoyed this book, but I really , really disliked Colin. I just thought he was so pathetic and it was a chore to read him. Honestly, I don't think I've ever disliked a protagonist so much. The supporting characters (Hassan & Lindsey) were wonderful. I loved their little quips and they are who kept me from throwing this book across the wall. I don't know. I didn't think this was one of John Green's better works.

I loved this book! I really like John Green as an author, so naturally I like almost all of his books. There was something so completely endearing about this novel in particular. The Fault in Our Stars was by favorite John Green book, but An Abundance of Katherines is a close second, followed by Papertowns.

i felt like it took a REALLY long time for things to start happening

This book was great even though I read TFIOS first. That gave me a such a skewed view of how John Green’s writing is. None of his books will come close to TFIOS, however, this book was very different and fun.

I love John Green but I really didn't enjoy this book as much as his other ones...

i have finished this book today and I really enjoyed it . it's really good.

The book was okay. It got better as it went on, but it was nowhere close to being as good as Paper Towns, Looking For Alaska, or The Fault In Our Stars.

too many katherines--it's just not feasible for a boy to have 19 girlfriends by the time he's 17 nevermind 19 girlfriends named katherine all spelled with a k. Despite it's subpar plot I did like the author's insight on how important it is to pass along our stories to the younger generation.

U 25x33
Eevee A lot of those relationships were extremely short lived, many of them only lasted days or hours. Unless you think it's just not feasible for a boy to ...more
Aug 13, 2014 10:26PM

I enjoyed the book. I especially liked his best friend. I did laugh out loud a couple times. Would I recommend it? Mayb. Wasn't a big fan of looking for Alaska.

It was some fun reading, that's it

HA! What do I think? hmmmmmm.....

YUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!