Play Book Tag discussion

Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between
This topic is about Talking as Fast as I Can
March 2018: Autobiography > Talking as Fast as I Can/Lauren Graham - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments 3.5 stars

I recently started rewatching the Gilmore Girls from the very beginning. I came to the series late and don’t think I saw the initial seasons or if I did, maybe not in order. I am a fan and was excited by the recent reboot on Netflix. This book covers some of the details on the original series and reboot. It also covers many vignettes about her childhood, education and career both as an actress and writer.

I listened to the audio which is read by Graham and certainly has a Gilmore Girl quality. It is fast-paced, funny in a quirky way, and a bit non-linear. It was an enjoyable couple of hours, but I’m not sure how much it would appeal to those not familiar with Gilmore Girls. Also, if you are expecting any negative dish about co-stars, you would need to look elsewhere — Graham does not seem to dwell on any negatives and seems very geniune and down to earth.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I have never watched the show, but I do love behind the scenes looks into actresses and actors real lives. So different normally than is perceived by the public.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3813 comments Gilmore Girls fan here! I enjoyed this a lot, but totally agree. If you're not already familiar with Lauren Graham - a lot of the charm and all the nostalgia of this book would be completely lost. This was one case where the actress was just about everything I perceived her to be, haha.