message 1: by quq , armin luvr (new)

quq  (190511) | 2702 comments Mod

message 2: by cosmic, everglow (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 721 comments Mod

((eating rn but i'll post soon))

message 3: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((awe ive got to go to bed, sorry ))

message 4: by cosmic, everglow (last edited Mar 11, 2018 07:36AM) (new)

she ran, and she ran until her lungs and legs began to cramp up and her throat was dry from lack of water. she ran until she was blinded by her tears, and her breaths became sobs. timber crumpled to the ground, rocks scraping her bare legs, leaves crackling under her weight. she bent her head, closing her eyes as she sobbed. perhaps she was being foolish to cry over something like this, but she couldn't help but feel so alone. she was the only true child of phrike. the only true monster.

message 5: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Jackson followed her, trying to keep up. As a son of Athena, he wasn't used to physical exertion, and was walking fast within a few miles. He finally came to Timber, who was curled up on the ground sobbing. It wrenched his heart. He kneeled down beside her.

message 6: by cosmic, everglow (new)

the sound of leaves crunching beside her made her flinch, her eyes quickly opening and hand moving to the hilt of her knife in her waistband. when she saw that i was only jackson, timber broke down further, but didn't make any other move. "i-i need t-to stop crying a-around you," she told him in between her sobs. at this point, she lost count how many times jackson has seen her tears. she hated that he always seemed to be near her when she felt weak.

message 7: by quq , armin luvr (new)

"It doesnt matter," he said quietly. It didnt matter to him, even if she thought or felt weak, she came across to him as a strong person.

message 8: by cosmic, everglow (new)

"he-he's not my brother.... ei-eider's not my br-brother," she said. her crying had gotten to the point that with every trembling breath she took, her shoulders and hands began to shake. the last time she cried at this rate was when her father died. on that thought, she continued, "i-i'm the on-only mon-monster."

message 9: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Jackson was kind of frustrated, but of course he couldn't show that. "Timber, just because youre the only one doesnt really prove anything," he said gently. "And sometimes siblings aren't blood, theyre family." He couldn't really explain this well. "What I mean is if that Nadie realized she wasnt my blood sister, I would still consider her my sister because we grew up together."

message 10: by cosmic, everglow (new)

she was afraid to say anything more, because she knew that jackson was right, that despite not being blood siblings, eider would always be her brother. but she found it easier when someone knew what pain she was going through, then to be all alone. timber sniffed, and whispered, "i know."

message 11: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He frowned. "What are you so upset about then?" He asked, genuinely confused.

message 12: by cosmic, everglow (new)

what was she upset about then? too many things. however, all she could bear to say was: "i'm afraid to be alone." with that, her tears began to roll down faster, but timber suppressed her sobs by biting down on her lip. she looked up at jackson, meeting his gaze, and she felt the urge to crawl into his lap, but she stayed put.

message 13: by quq , armin luvr (new)

"Be alone?" he said, his face a mask of concern. "You have me, and Eider, and Chiron," he said, inching closer to her.

message 14: by cosmic, everglow (new)

"bu-but what if i do something wrong, a-and you leave m-me? wh-what if i lose you l-like i lost my f-father?" she asked. her sobs had started up again, causing her to stutter once more. timber could see every face flashing through her mind; she could see hansol, she could see the store owner, the wife, the child. she could see their blood, and thought, 'what if jackson or eider are next?'

message 15: by quq , armin luvr (new)

"I won't," he said simple, wrapping his arms around her shuddering body. "We'll make sure she never gets to you again."

message 16: by cosmic, everglow (new)

with his warmth, timber sank into him, nuzzling her face into his shoulder and continuing to cry. "please, j-just hold me," she whispered. she wasn't sure what else to say, other than that she just needed him right now.

message 17: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He tucked her head under his chin and held her tightly.

message 18: by cosmic, everglow (new)

eventually, her sobs had ended, and all that remained were slow tears. her thoughts had also slowed down, and overall she was starting to feel much more calm. "thank you," she whispered, closing her eyes and holding him tightly.

message 19: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Jackson nodded, closing his eyes. Man, he hated Phrike, for hurting Timber like this, and Mr. D for sending her on this quest that specifically involved her mother.

message 20: by cosmic, everglow (new)

after a while, timber's eyes fluttered open, blinking away any tears, and she noticed that it was dark out. she hadn't even realized that the sun had set in the first place.

message 21: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Jackson reluctantly pulled away, standing up. "We should probably get back to camp," he said. He extended a hand to help her up.

message 22: by cosmic, everglow (new)

timber nodded, grabbing a hold of his hand to pull herself up. she didn't stop there though, and as soon as she was off the ground, she cupped his cheeks and kissed him, feather-soft and hesitant. timber pulled away then, brushing her hands behind her back and legs to clean off any dirt or leaves.

message 23: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He felt dizzy for a second, butterflies coming alive in his stomach. He grabbed her hand again and they started walking back to camp.

message 24: by cosmic, everglow (new)

when they entered the clearing, getting closer to the cabins, timber stopped walking for a moment, her hand still in his hand, and whispered, "i should talk to eider.... you're going to be at your cabin?"

message 25: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He nodded, and leaned in to kiss her softly. 'Goodnight Timber," he said, hoping her dreams would leave her alone for one night.

message 26: by cosmic, everglow (new)

timber kissed him back, then pulled away and whispered, "goodnight." she parted from him then, and made her way to the phrike cabin. as she stepped up on the first stair, she turned back and sent a nervous smile to jackson, then went up the rest of the stairs and inside her cabin.

message 27: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((We went to Phrike people, we’re done here))

message 28: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale ((hey novie, i'm here!))

message 29: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Do you wanna post first))

message 30: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale ((Ok, I'll do it!))

Olivia walked in with Will, laughing. "This place is one of my favorite places," she explained to him. "It's so amazing!"

message 31: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Will smiled at her overflowing joy. “Even better when —“ he made everything sparkle with light. This was one of the perks of Magic.

message 32: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "WOW!" Olivia said, amazed. "This is AWESOME! I wish I could do this!" She gave him a quick hug. "Your pretty cool," she said.

message 33: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Hmm,” He raised an eyebrow playfully. She was a happy person, he thought. “Thanks.”

message 34: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "Your welcome!" she said, plopping down gently onto the ground. She patted the ground next to her, "Wanna sit?" she asked.

message 35: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He sat down without saying a word, the sparkles still in the air. “So,” He said, trying to break the uneasy silence. “What’s your favorite color, if I haven’t already asked?”

message 36: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "I think I said black," she said with a smile, "And you said that you couldn't choose unless you wanted to make the other colors jealous." she grinned, "lets see.....how about if you could have any creature as your pet, what would it be? I'm meaning mythical creatures here! So no cat, or dog. That's totally boring!"

message 37: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Oh right, sorry,” he said, smirking. He tended to forget things as a side effect of his magic. “Um, probably actually one of those squirrelly things with wings? Except they’re so evil.” He said, chewing his lip.

message 38: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "Ok! I would have a..." she paused for a moment, thinking. "Ok, who am I kidding, I would love to be friends with a mermaid. But she wouldn't be my pet, so a...DRAGON!" she shouted, "I would have a dragon!"

message 39: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Ha,” He said, laughing. Dragons were actually pretty sweet. “Yeah, maybe a dragon,” he said, rethinking his own choice.

message 40: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale She laughed along, and rolled onto her back. "Who is your best friend?" she asked, a simple question.

message 41: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He shrugged. “I don’t know. Probably one of my siblings,” he said. He wasn’t close to anyone, really. “You?”

message 42: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "No one really either," she shrugged, "Not that I care," she added, unconvincingly.

message 43: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He nodded, ignoring her lie. If she didn’t want to talk about it, he wouldn’t make her. “Would you like me to do something?”

message 44: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "What?" she asked, curious. "What kind of thing?"

message 45: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Magic,” He replied, wiggling his fingers. “I’m bored, and I need the practice. Also I’m a big show off,” he said wrinkling his nose.

message 46: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale "That's ok, I'm a show off too! Show me," she said, sitting up again. "I'm a little curious."

message 47: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Well, what do you want me to do?” He asked, personally he was blanking.

message 48: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((I’m gonna go ski, be back in a couple hours))

message 49: by Mimi 'Pans' (new)

Mimi 'Pans' Herondale ((K. Skiing sounds fun! I've never done it before, even though where I live its FREEZING and full of snow! Pretty ironic.))

"Hmm," she thought, "Can you make other things seem to look like other things. Like can you make have a unicorn horn without it really being there?"

message 50: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Omg I cannot imagine a life without skiing, my brother and I have been skiing for 7 years))

“I can try,” He said. “A unicorn horn?” He raised an eyebrow, and pulled his powers into his hands, focusing them into a sparkly bluish curved horn. “There you go.”

« previous 1 3