Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > collections blank

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chip (new)

Chip | 19 comments When I go my Content and Devices page in Amazon and click on Collections, no titles are shown when I click on a specific Collection. Why are no titles shown, even though I have added titles?

message 2: by Teddygrace (new)

Teddygrace | 18 comments What device are you using when you set them up and are you setting them up in the Books app or in Manage your Content & Devices? It seems to make a difference.

And what device are you on when you find nothing is in a collection?

See if this thread in the Digital & Devices Forum helps at all.

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/de...

message 3: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 426 comments Chip wrote: "When I go my Content and Devices page in Amazon and click on Collections, no titles are shown when I click on a specific Collection. Why are no titles shown, even though I have added titles?"

if you created collections on a device or Kindle Reading App that does not Support Cloud Collections, then they are not added to Collections on your account:

Cloud Collections are currently supported on:

Kindle Oasis (9th Generation)
Kindle Oasis (8th Generation)
Kindle (8th Generation)
Kindle Voyage (7th Generation)
Kindle (7th Generation)
Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation)
Kindle Paperwhite (6th Generation)
Kindle Paperwhite (5th Generation)
Fire (7th Generation)
Fire HD (7th Generation)
Fire HD (6th Generation)
Fire HD (5th Generation)
Fire (5th Generation)
Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation)
Fire HD (4th Generation)
Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation)
Kindle Fire HD (3rd Generation)

all other devices and Reading Apps, according to the Amazon website Help pages, have device based collections, not cloud collections

message 4: by Chip (new)

Chip | 19 comments I have a Paperwhite Kindle, I think it is 5th Generation. I set up my collections on the Kindle. The count of books in these collections differs on the Kindle and on the Amazon page.

Teddygrace wrote: "What device are you using when you set them up and are you setting them up in the Books app or in Manage your Content & Devices? It seems to make a difference.

And what device are you on when you ..."

message 5: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 426 comments you need to sync your device to your account

however, if you have once added a device to a Collection and then removed it from your device, it will show as still being in that collection on the Amazon website because you did not remove it from the collection. If you download the book again, it will download in the collection

Also, to compare counts you need to be looking at All, not Downloaded to get a true count. Even then, you might have ghost books in a collection. I have books in a Samples collection that are not in there on my device and no matter how many times I remove them using the website, they stay in the Samples collection.

In other words, I do not trust the website counts