Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Instagram

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Montcombroux | 66 comments With more time now I decided to start doing a little marketing. I saw posts talking about Instagram and since I had an old account I decided to start there.

Problem When I click on "posts" Nothing happens. There's no place where I can even write a word.

Anybody can tell me what's going on?
Thanks.

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy R. Blackwell | 1 comments On Instagram you post pictures not words. Although, someone can comment under your pictures.

message 3: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Montcombroux | 66 comments Thanks! So that's not the way I want to go.

message 4: by Tephra (new)

Tephra Miriam | 18 comments I would actually keep with it. I post pictures of my book, pics of different events and photos of thank you notes that I get. There is a large group of visual readership on there believe it or not.

message 5: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 727 comments There's huge readerships on Instagram. Things like #bookstagram

Yeah, photo based, on your phone.
Add captions under pics.
It's kinda fun once you get into it.

Also, if you link it to your fb, your fb boosted ads will appear in Insta.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 1 comments It's fun once you figure out creative ways to use it for marketing. I use an app to write on pictures (either abstract or specific to my books) and use quotes or scenes from the book as the words.

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Thatcher (jenna_thatcher) | 132 comments hashtags.
Think of any and all hashtags you can come up with and put in a whole page of them if you can. That's how it reaches people and honestly, it's the fastest way to grow with 'likes' and people to follow you.
Not that I have thousands, or anything, but it seems to help.