What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Deep Dive
This topic is about Deep Dive
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. scuba diving children's fiction book early 70s or late 60s [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seacowboy89 (new)

Seacowboy89 | 2 comments I'm looking for a fiction book that is part of a children's series. The series is about a boy who explores various occupations and experiences. In this book, he goes scuba diving to experience life underwater including living in an underwater habitat with several other people. The guide who dives with him is either an older teen or young adult guy. Part of his adventure is diving for lobster which will be his dinner and if he doesn't get a lobster, he will have no food that night. The book is hardcover - no dust jacket, light teal in color and about 1/4" thick. It has large print and sketch illustrations that used limited color. Not all spreads have illustrations, but when they do, the illustrations are only one per spread and were 1/3 or 1/2 of a page in size. I read the book in 1974 when I was in 2nd grade at Woodbrook Elementary school in Carmel, IN. The book was not new, so it was probably published in the early 70s or late 60s. For some reason 1972 comes to mind.

message 4: by Seacowboy89 (new)

Seacowboy89 | 2 comments Kym wrote: "Deep Dive by Peter L. Dixon?"
Wow! That is it. I can't believe it. Thank you so very much

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re very welcome:)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deep Dive (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter L. Dixon (other topics)