Hogwarts Roleplay and Discussion discussion

Classes/Extra-Cirricular > Defense Against The Dark Arts Class

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

Julia | 1946 comments Mod

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix walked into class, a bag slung over his shoulder. There were maybe a couple seconds left until the start of class. Alix hastily sat in the first seat he saw; it was next to a girl he knew was a fellow Ravenclaw sixth year. They hadn't really ever talked much though. Alix prepared his materials and waited for class to begin.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix looked around the classroom using his peripheral vision. No need to let anyone else know he was watching. Finally, swallowing, he waved to the girl he was sitting next to. He wasn't immediately sure if she saw or not.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix glanced at the other students. One was tapping his foot under his desk, a boy was passing notes back and for with a girl, two girls were giggling hysterically. Alix rolled his eyes. He had been paying attention to the lecture and he could probably repeat all the non-verbal cues. He decided to block out the unneeded peers.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

((Lol . ..Sorry I have yet to reply. Thought I had, but just realized that I started and didn't finish))

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix grimaced. Defense Against the Dark Arts was not really his class. He preferred more imaginative things, not stuff driven by instinct. Alix did, however, do his best to memorize all that the teacher said. Then the teacher told them to stand up and practice the spell.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix watched the student carefully. The student looked scared, his arm trembling and pale. He was also visibly shrinking from the teacher. Alix felt a bit sorry for the boy, but he watched anyway and examined the differences in the teacher's and student's posture. When his name was eventually called, he did his best to mimic the teacher.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix stood ready for a minute, and he knew from watching the others that the teacher was waiting for him to make the first move. He waited for a moment longer, trying to egg the teacher into relax slightly. When he sprang into the spell and shouted the word, the movement was sudden, and to his utter amazement, the teacher's wand flew from his hand. He handed the teacher back his wand and almost ran back to his seat.He could feel the eyes on him all the way back and wished they would stop looking at him already.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((Goodnight!))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix was relieved when the attention was no longer on him but on the teacher. After class, he realized the girl next to him had not demonstrated like most of the students had. He managed to catch her attention. He pointed to her, shook his head, and made the arm motion for the spell.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix smiled at her. He thought for a second, trying to think of hand gestures for what he wanted to say. As he could think of none, he decided to speak. "You're called. . . .Sender, right?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix spelled his name out on his fingers and looked at her. He swallowed. "Alix Dwerryhouse, if you didn't catch it."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix smiled slightly and nodded. Alix pointed at the teacher, mimicked the gestures for the spell, and made a thumbs up. It meant 'The teacher taught well.' He looked at Sender to see if she understood.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix grinned slightly at her, shrugging. He nodded his head in response to her question. He pointed to her, made a heart shape with his hands, and made a spell-casting motion.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Alix nodded, smiling and a bit pleased with himself.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Well, Olympia and RJ are currently in the Common Room, so maybe Corridors and Stairwells?))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((You're welcome))

message 19: by Zachary (last edited Sep 20, 2014 09:12AM) (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((Seems empty so...))

Samuel whistled a jaunty tune to himself as he entered the slowly filling class. Sitting near the front of the class, he pulled his course book out to read and set his bag aside. Soon, it became apparent that the seats next to him were the only ones left for any late-comers.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yes they left))

message 21: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((Want to join me? It looks like Jazzy left the Room of Requirements.))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((No I'm going to wait for Julia to post once more to wrap it up sorry))

message 23: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((It's okay, I understand.))

message 24: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

Lily  | 2044 comments Mod
Tally walked into the classroom, even though it was for first years. Quite honestly, she was just plain bored. Besides, she'd heard that the professor was really fun.

message 25: by Zachary (last edited Sep 20, 2014 09:12AM) (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments Samuel glanced for a moment at the fourth-year, wondering why she was there. Gesturing at one of the open seats next to him, he called out to her, "Excuse me, miss, but you can sit here if you want."

message 26: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

Tally grinned at the first year. "You're awful polite. No pranks waiting for me, are there?"

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

((I was told I could join. Ok with you Zachary?))

message 28: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((If you do, we might want a turn system. Me, Zach(Can I call you that?) And then you, Jezzie.))

message 29: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments He smiled back at her, glad that she was friendly to younger students, "No, miss, not from a 'Claw like me at least."

message 30: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((Two-braids* I keep forgetting you changed your name.))

message 31: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

"Great!" Tally sat down next to him. "In case you can't tell, I'm not a first year or a 'Claw.'"

message 32: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((It's cool, I actually changed my first post so that there were two open seats next to me now.))

message 33: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((And Zach, Zachary, Sebastian, Pike, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't Fish-boy.))

message 34: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((Okay... I'm not even going to ask. So turns?))

message 35: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments "Obviously, you have red instead of blue, and unless girls are now growing taller than boys on average, I wouldn't think for a moment you were stuck in my year. So why are you here, seeing as this is a class for firsties?" He questioned her, wanting to know more about her.

message 36: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((Two braids's turn now, right?))

message 37: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments ((Yep.))

message 38: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((Okay.))

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

((It's fine I'll join, but I'll probably be off for a while after this))

Haven walked in. She looked around.

message 40: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

((Oh, it's my turn. Oops.))

"Well, I was really bored," Tally said. "And I heard this class is fun with this group of students, so I popped in."

message 41: by Zachary (last edited Sep 20, 2014 10:11AM) (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments "Well, we do become lively on occasion..." Samuel scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, remembering several incidents where he and the other students had gotten out of hand. At the back of the class, he heard the door close and looked back at another late arrival, a girl from Ravenclaw. He quickly gestured her over to the seat next to him.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven walked over and sat down next to him. She looked around and didn't say anything. What's a fourth year doing here? she thought, looking at Tally curiously.

message 43: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

"Hello!" Tally said enthusiastically. "I'm Tally, by the way."

message 44: by Zachary (last edited Sep 20, 2014 10:20AM) (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments Samuel smiled, trying to be friendly to the girl he hadn't noticed in class before, "I'm Samuel, what's your name?"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Haven." She said quietly giving a small smile.

message 46: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

"Great, now we all know each other," Tally said, leaning her chair back. "So what are we learning today?"

message 47: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments Samuel grinned at the both of them, "Tally and Haven are both good names, and today, we're supposed to be talking about banshees. I expect much screaming from our classmates to be involved."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven smiled slightly while she reached in her bag and pulled out a book.

message 49: by Lily , The #1 Fangirl (new)

"Ha!" Tally said. "I love screaming. What are you reading?"

message 50: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Pike | 51 comments "Just the textbook for me, I was looking into banshees a little before getting bored and headed on to vampires," Deciding he had time to relax, Conrad decided to scoot his chair and put his feet up on the table. "How about you, Haven, anything good?"

« previous 1 3 4