Clean Romances discussion

Recommendations > Hallmark in a book :-)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments Hi guys! I'm a huge Hallmark movie fan and I'm looking for more Hallmark type romances in book format. My fave movies from the station are: Falling in Love With the Girl Next Door, Nearlyweds (read this already and enjoyed it, although it was a bit different between the two formats), A Crush On You, A Bride For Christmas, Elevator Girl, Trading Christmas (liked the book and LOVED the movie), A Taste of Romance, How to Fall in Love...and I think that's all I can remember lol.

If there are any books like this that you guys can recommend, please throw some titles my way! I haven't really liked much of the tv series on there, just the movies. So I'm not sure I will like Cedar Cove but if someone thinks I will enjoy them, I'll give them a try. :-)

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen | 11 comments I haven't seen any of those movies that you mentioned, but I have read one book that was made a Hallmark Movie and I loved it! It is called Hidden Places by Lynn Austin. It is more on the series side with hard circumstances, but there is a romance. Hope that helps.

message 3: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments Thanks Cathleen! I'll definitely check it out. :-)

message 4: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments Just in case anyone is interested, Stranded in Paradise premieres on Hallmark next Saturday. Looks like it's based on a book by Lori Copeland. I added it to my TBR pile. :-)

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Philip (tamara_philip) | 19 comments I'm offering up my two Hallmark movie channel styled books
The Trouble with Playing Cupid by Tamara Philip

and the sequel The Trouble with Romance by Tamara Philip

One New Year's Eve, shy singer, December Brown drunkenly texts her talk show host pal, Trace Randall, about her long time crush on the aloof actor, Tom Elmswood. Thinking the two celebrities would make a cute couple, he unwisely decides to play matchmaker... in front of a live studio audience.

Things start to go downhill when Tom admits he's never even heard of December before. Now what seemed like a sure fire hit quickly becomes a flop. Will these two lonely hearts ever make a love connection or has this cupid's arrow missed its mark?

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Bouwhuis | 11 comments I absolutely love the Hallmark Movies and I TVO them all. I would love to read the books that they are based on. I have read
a lot that I think would make great Hallmark movies. I agree with the comment above about the movie A Bride for Christmas it is one of my favorites anytime of the year. Tamara what are the names of the books you are talking about above with the character December Brown.
Thanks. I love having a place where I can find recommendations for sweet clean romances.

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Bouwhuis | 11 comments The pictures of the books just loaded but thanks anyway.
Shirley

message 8: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Bouwhuis | 11 comments I just bought and downloaded your books Tamara. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for writing fun, clean romances.
Shirley

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Naigle (nancy_naigle) | 7 comments I think you might enjoy Sand Dollar Cove. Sand Dollar Cove

message 10: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments Nancy wrote: "I think you might enjoy Sand Dollar Cove. Sand Dollar Cove"

Oooh! And a summer theme! Thank you, Nancy! I'll def check it out. :-D

message 11: by C. (last edited Jul 16, 2017 08:20PM) (new)

C. | 289 comments One of my favorite romance movies~ The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel

but in this case, same as another of my favorite romance films(Love Comes Softly), the movie is so much better than the book! :[

message 12: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments I had this on my reading list and was looking forward to it. That's kind of a bummer that the book isn't as good as the movie. The movie is also one of my faves. :-)

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Naigle (nancy_naigle) | 7 comments Hope you love it!
Nancy