What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Man falls off horse and goes blind, his girlfriend leaves him and he ends up marrying his physical therapist (nurse?)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (last edited Jul 23, 2014 09:25PM) (new)

Ana | 7 comments A man had a fiancée (girlfriend?) but he fell off a horse and he was left blind. When she learned that he was blind she left him and he was left heartbroken and didn't believe in love. Then he meets his nurse (physical therapist?). He asks her what she looks like and she says she wears glasses and long skirts, leading him to believe she's old.

Later on they get married because he needed to get custody of a nephew (?) but he needed to be married in order to get his custody. When he finds out the nurse is actually 25 and pretty I think he was mad for being made a fool of. The nurse was a redhead with green eyes.

They used to listen to detective soap operas on the radio every night. The guy was an ogre to everyone after he was abandoned by his girlfriend.

The girl was beautiful but hated that everyone liked her only for her beauty, this is why she fell for the guy since he couldn't see but still came to like her.

She got the job by looking for it, the man's assistant (?) hired her.

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena | 9 comments I think the book you are looking for is called Blind Promises by Diana Palmer. I hope it's the book you wre looking for. :)

message 3: by Lena (new)

Lena | 9 comments Oh wait no! It's not the same book! I'm sorry. I got it wrong.

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "Is the blindness permanent or temporary?"

Temporary. He was also unable to walk for some time. That's why he had a physical therapist.

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Temporary is common. I'll have a look soon.

message 6: by Ana (last edited Jul 23, 2014 08:37PM) (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "What year did you read it? 1990? 1992?"

I have no idea about the year. I remembered an extra detail but it's not much. I remember the nurse and the man used to listen to detective soap operas on the radio every night.

message 7: by bookel (last edited Jul 23, 2014 09:05PM) (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Eliminated (car accident).
Sarah And The Stranger (Silhouette Desire #730) by Shawna Delacorte (blind in freak accident, therapist has plain looks, man regains sight)

message 8: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "Do you recall an approximate on the year? Such as early 1990s? Early 2000s?"

Mid-1990s. It might've been a harlequin romance. Umm. The nurse only lied about her looks though. She was actually quite pretty.

message 9: by bookel (last edited Jul 23, 2014 08:53PM) (new)

bookel | 2322 comments More with a nurse, temporary blindness:
Tender Loving Care by Susan Mallery

Temporary unknown. Not historical?
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros

Eliminated:
Visiting Nurse by Margaret Howe

message 10: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments List to check:
blind romantic heroes
http://www.amazon.com/blind-romantic-...

message 11: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "More with a nurse, temporary blindness:
Tender Loving Care by Susan Mallery

Temporary unknown. Not historical?
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros

Eliminated:
Visiting Nurse by Margaret Howe"

Just looked through it and the historical sounds quite like it except this one was modern time. I'll look through the list you sent.

message 12: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Journey to Quiet Waters ~ Dixie Browning
(auburn haired) summary

message 13: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Light of the Gods ~ Barbara Cartland
hunting accident, doesn't sound like this either; summary.

message 14: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Blind Promises by Katy Currie (Eliminated, boating accident)

message 15: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments The Summer Wife ~ Flora Kidd
temporarily lost sight, married man
summary

message 16: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "The Summer Wife ~ Flora Kidd
temporarily lost sight, married man
summary"

Checked up to here. Still nothing :(

message 17: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Where Seagulls Cry by Yvonne Whittal
summary sounds similar but laboratory accident.

message 18: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments bookel wrote: "Need a break from searching."

I've been looking it up and it's both frustrating and tiring. I really appreciate your hard effort :)

message 20: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Ana, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it Juels' suggestion?

❤ Romance Novel Junkie  ❤ (renaea) | 6 comments Could it be Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard (1984)? Come Lie with Me by Linda Howard

message 22: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Ana, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it Juels' suggestion?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.