All About YA discussion

Books > Books You Recommend

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
What books would you recommend to others?

message 2: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

Not my favorite book, but one that touched me deeply. It's equal parts funny and interesting, with just enough sad sprinkled in to keep us masochistic readers sated.

Thanks for the rec! That seems interesting.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Oksa Pollock the Last Hope by Anne Plichota
Middlegrade fantasy. It's similar to Harry Potter at some points, but it's not the same! It's just soooo good! And very underrated! :D

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, #1) by Jody Gehrman Just finished reading this book. I really liked it enough to get the 2nd book in the series.

Thanks, I'll definitely check that book out!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer McDonald (JenMcDonald) You should try the Durand Duology Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro and For Atancia (The Durand Duology, #2) by Wren Figueiro

It's a great YA Paranormal Romance.

message 9: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "You should try the Durand Duology Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro and For Atancia (The Durand Duology, #2) by Wren Figueiro

It's a great YA Paranormal Romance."

If anyone is interested in the Durand duo, we have the first one available in our R2R program.

message 10: by Denise (new)

Denise Kawaii (kawaiitimes) | 15 comments The Alchemyst

I won't list all of his books in the Alchemist series (I think there are six novels and 2 add-on novellas), but I recommend these frequently to anyone who likes YA fantasy. His books are present day scenery filled with ancient mythological creatures, gods and historical figures. A fantastic mash-up of fact, fiction and otherworldy imagination.

... basically, I like them a bit.

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 3 comments Hi everyone! I'm planning a blog post/email blast featuring great reads by up-and-coming and indie authors for Black Friday.

I'd love your suggestions for books that deserve love--and are out of the mainstream buzz. They don't have to be new, just worthy of discovery.

One of my favorites is Missing Pieces by Meredith Tate. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I hope you'll share your favorites, too!

message 12: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) | 10 comments Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1) by Veronica Roth Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone, #1) by Julie Eshbaugh The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh here's just a select few from my favorites list that I wholeheartedly reccommend.