What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Homeschooled girl, gets in serious car accident, stays in hospital where she makes new friends.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salma (new)

Salma Islam (sleepysally) Cover contained quite bright colours, pinks, blues, etc but no memorable 'object' I guess.

I think either the title contained the word/name 'Heather' or the protagonist's name was Heather.

When she gets into this car accident, the description included her bone being visible through the skin etc.

Before going to hospital she never had friends, her parents (mother?) wanted her to remain friend-less due to something that happened in the past.

I think the mother had another baby who was lost and so she's extra protective of the protagonist.

At one point the protagonist is in a state of unconscious but can hear the conversation around her and then she finds out certain things.

Oh, and also the protagonist narrates it in a way that she talks about the past in certain chapters and the goes back to the present; I think it was a pattern where one chapter was the past and the chapter after was the present and so on.

Thanks for any help in advance.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4713 comments How many years ago did you read this?

message 3: by Salma (new)

Salma Islam (sleepysally) Four, five years ago.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Salma left the group. Moving to Abandoned.