Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Policies & Practices > Plagiarism: How many books does an author have to plagiarize before Goodreads deletes them?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Onyx (new)

Onyx (thetrueonyxrose) | 3 comments 'Sounds like a lawsuit...maybe a class action of some kind. But I'm not a lawyer.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I'm sorry for your ordeal, truly, but this isn't a librarian issue. You need to contact support to have the offending books yanked from Goodreads.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments GR can't do anything if they don't know - you need to contact support because that's legal issues

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments Although legally if he is on your book as co-author, which you allowed, I don't know how much of a legal case you will have...

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Dee wrote: "GR can't do anything if they don't know - you need to contact support because that's legal issues"

Agreed. You can also file a complaint with Amazon letting them know about the plagiarized work. Only the creator of the work can do that.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41003 comments Mod
Legal issues cannot be dealt with by librarians and should not be posted in this forum. To contact support, use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.