In Fellowship discussion

I do not endorse blind faith!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 93 comments Mod
I have been increasingly labeled as a person who endorses blind faith. This is simply not true and I want all my members to realize this. I believe all should search out the truth. Because this is important stuff here! This is how we live our lives, i think people take Christianity way to whimsically. If you search, trust me you will find evidence for Christianity that is fully satisfying. That was just a simple matter I wanted to clear up

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Townsend (brittany2019) what exactly do you mean by blind faith? do you mean like believing without any proof whatsoever or do you mean something else? i mean i also believe there is lots of eveidence that supporst Christianity im just not sure what the term blind faith means...

message 3: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 93 comments Mod
Its a term meaning to follow something without question it first. I believe in faith, but not blind faith. I questioned Christianity(probably since I was 15) and now I have found it to be true. So theres really no way people can say I'm following it because I just want to(honestly I didn't want to for a long time). But now I know there is a God and He is awesome.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Townsend (brittany2019) alright thanks for explaining that. i have been in church my whole life and i havnt doubted it before but i have seen the proof throughout my life of course im only 14 and im going into high school and if people doubt they usually do in high school though i really dont think i ever could.

message 5: by Bill (last edited Sep 22, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

Bill (tentmaker) | 2 comments There are three types of faith:

blind faith-(Example)those who blindly followed Jim Jones and drank his kool-ade.

empirical faith - (It is learned.) Ex. Knowing that if I sit in this chair, it will hold me up.

biblical faith - Faith that "comes and comes by hearing the Word of God".

message 6: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 30 comments I've never realy thought about that, I just know that God is real and He loves me. I invited him into my heart when I was like 4, so I don't know what life is like without God.