The Sword and Laser discussion

speaking of Kindle Unlimited, Marvel Unlimited is 99 cents this month

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6098 comments You Can Now Pay 99 Cents to Read 15,000 Marvel Comics Online

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/marvel-c...

message 2: by Rob Secundus (new)

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) | 1035 comments Damn it I literarily just got the year subscription

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6098 comments So what's some good ones?

message 4: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments I looked into Marvel Unlimited a few times. They don't have full runs of comics and they leave off anything important to their printing business. It's a nice idea but not worth the money.

message 5: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6098 comments Comics Alliance has a series on it. http://comicsalliance.com/tags/marvel...

message 6: by Rob Secundus (new)

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) | 1035 comments Xstatix is *incredible*. It starts I think at x-force 116? And then when the x-force series ends x-statix #1 starts. It's an early 2000s series about a superhero reality shows deconstruction of the genre but *super* fun.

I've been reading new x-men by grant Morrison-- decent but confusing as it sits at a very specific point in continuity, and Hickman's avengers/new avengers ongoing saga. If you're familiar with Hickman it's very standard stuff. Crazy massive scifi epics with gigantic casts.

message 7: by Rob Secundus (new)

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) | 1035 comments That complaint may have been accurate at its inception but it's just objectively untrue at this point. There are a good number of classic complete runs, a ton of famous events, and almost all of the modern stuff being published (though at a six month lag).

message 8: by Callipygian (last edited Jul 29, 2014 09:09AM) (new)

Callipygian | 8 comments Heads Up. This deal expires at midnight EST tonight (7/29).

message 9: by Callipygian (new)

Callipygian | 8 comments Callipygian wrote: "Heads Up. This deal expires at midnight EST tonight (7/29)."
And they have extended the deal to Friday, August 1st at 11:59 EST.

message 10: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments Rob wrote: "That complaint may have been accurate at its inception but it's just objectively untrue at this point. There are a good number of classic complete runs, a ton of famous events, and almost all of th..."

Fair enough! I will give it another look. I last checked about two years ago, and had looked at it several times before that. If it has changed, great.