Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives Retired Folder Threads > New Moderator-Wanted

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Do to our current growth and the recent loss of one of our long time moderators. Your current moderators, MK and Bob are looking for persons interested in becoming a moderator. If this is something that you may be interested in pursuing, please send Bob a message, so we can discuss it further.

message 2: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Again, we find ourselves in need of a moderator. The position open right now is New School Classics. If you have an interest please send me a message.

Thank you, Bob

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 852 comments Perhaps a description of what would be involved would help in the search for a moderator.

message 4: by Renato (new)

Renato (renatomrocha) Janet,

It's basically creating threads and polls for the New School Classics, taking care of the nominations, making sure the thread for no-spoilers doesn't include spoilers etc :)

Bob, what else?

message 5: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Renato is stepping down as Old School moderator effective immediately. His professional life is requiring considerably more of his time and he feels it is best to step aside. While he will be missed we can still look forward to his book posts from time to time. He has been a tremendous asset and Christine and I will miss him. I am sure we all wish him success. Thanks Renato!!

message 6: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Well, since Renato has stepped aside and moderator. Christine and I find ourselves in need of help.

If any member would like to become a group moderator please contact Christine or myself. We will answer any questions you may have. Don't be bashful, I will beg if I have too.

message 7: by Pink (new)

Pink | 6556 comments I'd be happy to do this Bob, I'll message you.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1216 comments Pink wrote: "I'd be happy to do this Bob, I'll message you."

Yay! I'd be excited to have you join our moderating team. :-)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1791 comments Is it official?

Welcome Pink!

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 852 comments Welcome Pink! Renato - we will miss you but realize the importance of your professional commitments. Please continue with your excellent reviews.

message 11: by Renato (new)

Renato (renatomrocha) Guys, thanks a lot for your comments. I had a great time in the group with you and I plan to keep on checking up on you from time to time.

Janet, I haven't had much time to write reviews either :( I think I'm 5 reviews behind already... but I'm excited with what's going on in life!

Pink, I'm very glad you volunteered to be a mod. I've read your posts and think you're very smart and you'll contribute a lot to the group. Good luck!

message 12: by Duane (new)

Duane (tduaneparkeryahoocom) | 296 comments Thanks Renato. Still look forward to your comments and excellent reviews. Good luck with everything.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1216 comments Thanks for all your work for our group, Renato! I hope you do still visit when you have the time. Best of luck to you with everything!

message 14: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is my pleasure to announce we have a new moderator for the Old School Classics. Pink has volunteered to be the Old School moderator effective immediately.

So welcome aboard Pink glad to have you.

message 15: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) Hurray Pink! you'll go a great job!

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1216 comments Welcome Pink!

message 17: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 1578 comments Awesome, Pink, you'll do great. And thank you, Renato for a job well done.

message 18: by Pink (new)

Pink | 6556 comments Thanks Bob, Christine and everyone!

Renato, I also echo all the other comments, you've done a great job here and I hope you'll continue to post when you get a chance :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1791 comments Renato, please don't forget us!

Thanks for all you have done.

message 20: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9189 comments Mod
Welcome Pink! and thanks Renato!

message 21: by Cynda (new)

Cynda | 2499 comments Thanks Renato! All the Best.

Pink, I am always glad to see you here. When I was here last year, I could've sworn you were a moderator then. Anyway, good to know you still are/will again be moderator.

message 22: by Loretta (new)

Loretta | 2668 comments Cynda wrote: "Thanks Renato! All the Best.

Pink, I am always glad to see you here. When I was here last year, I could've sworn you were a moderator then. Anyway, good to know you still are/will again be moderator."

Cynda. Pink has been a moderator since 2015.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.