Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Bargain Audiobook Deals III

Comments Showing 1-50 of 206 (206 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Starting a new thread so Lea can close Bargain Audiobook Deals II.

Quoting myself from the old thread as the Audible Kids' Sale is still ongoing: "I want to point you to my greatest find. If you like Science Fiction, Young Adult and/or Jayne Castle's dust bunnies, you might just love David Weber's Stephanie Harrington and the treecats like I did.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant..."

Quoting a rec for my good taste ;): cocoa wrote: "ms. bookjunkie, per your comparison to dust bunnies, I got the book. I'm half way through and it's been a lot of fun (great story so far and superb narration)! Thanks for the rec :-D"

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Thanks for starting the new thread! Attending RWA last week was delightful but now I'm all sorts of behind!

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Re the current BOGO on audible- I looked and really, really thought about getting Julie Garwood's Rebellious Desire- until I saw the narrator. I have tried to like Anne Flosnik but don't think I will risk it again, even on a good deal. Thinking about Rising Tides and After the NIght instead- two good reads from favorite authors.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments I agree with you Lee. The books I have with her narration I can't listen to, so it isn't worth it to me.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ebeth_books) Is there a link for the BOGO on audible? There's nothing on my audible site (I do have credits) or audible's facebook pages or any emails. Thanks.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments It is only available if they emailed you. And...my emailed choices were different from the link someone else posted.

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Here's the link to the BOGO that has all three categories.

http://www.audible.com/sp/2for1_Other...

There's also this Summertime BOGO. It's been saying that it Ends Today for a few days. I found the link for it on MobileRead.

http://www.audible.com/sp/2for1

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments If you read the top of that page, it says it is only available if it was emailed to you. My email has different options for the sale as well.

message 9: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:53AM) (new)

Elizabeth (ebeth_books) Thanks! I found the email from 7/29/14 with the link at the very bottom of the page. Their software managed to find NO titles that I would be interested in buying. I've since discovered links from different sites and have very few duplicate titles in any of the links.

message 10: by Angie (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:57AM) (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Dawn wrote: "If you read the top of that page, it says it is only available if it was emailed to you. My email has different options for the sale as well."

But it does work even if it's a different sale than the one you were emailed. I was emailed the Sci-Fi sale, but I put some romance in my cart. I only found one I wanted though so will have to save it for the next time. And other people are buying stuff through the different links even if it wasn't the one they received.

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments Oh ok.

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Lee wrote: "Re the current BOGO on audible- I looked and really, really thought about getting Julie Garwood's Rebellious Desire- until I saw the narrator. I have tried to like Anne Flosnik but don't think I wi..."

So now I am looking at the three category BOGO (yes, I have been hoarding credits and they are burning in my virtual pocket), really want to get The Prince of Midnight and guess who narrates 3 of my second choices- Anne Flosnik!

message 13: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Ok- went with Prince of Midnight and Northanger Abbey. Can't go wrong with Austen.

message 14: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Outlander is Audible's Daily Deal today for $5.95.

message 15: by ⚓ Basil ⚓ (new)

⚓ Basil ⚓ JaneA wrote: "Outlander is Audible's Daily Deal today for $5.95."

I almost bought this because it seems like such a good deal and I've heard great things about this book for years now, but then I checked my library and it has it via One Click Digital to borrow. Hope I can finish 33 hours of audio in two weeks!

message 16: by Lee (last edited Aug 10, 2014 07:06AM) (new)

Lee | 484 comments Now here's a BOGO at Audible worth shopping!Ends August 13.

Oops, can't get the link to work- sorry!

I got My Sweet Folly and Dying to Please

So tempted by several others including The Scottish Prisoner

message 17: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Yes, I thought this BOGO was a good one too.

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments This BOGO actually is quite good, I saw a lot of titles I thought either were good or that I wanted to buy. Really had I not crossed reference what I wanted to the library, I would have gone a bit crazy. Ended up with 4 I can't get at the library.

message 19: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Tantor has 50% off romance titles. There are some nice prices on download versions of books. Sherry Thomas's new release My Beautiful Enemy was $9.00.

message 20: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Audible is having a Daily Deal Anniversary Sale "Celebrating one-year of amazing deals! We're bringing back the 100 top-selling books, at their deal price. So, if you missed out the first time around, here's your chance to take advantage of some of the best deals of the year. Sale ends August 28 @ 11:59 PM ET."

http://www.audible.com/mt/Daily_Deal_...

I noticed it includes Outlander and Attachments. And for non-romance, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

message 21: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments I got an email saying Tantor will be having a huge sale on Sept. 1st. All downloads will be priced at $4.99 and other formats will also be on sale. I'll definitely be buying a few downloads at that price.

message 22: by binter (new)

binter Thanks for the tip on that, Moriah! I try to get my audiobooks from a variety of sources - don't want Audible to become the only option. Competition is good.

message 23: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Ali-ef wrote: "Thanks for the tip on that, Moriah! I try to get my audiobooks from a variety of sources - don't want Audible to become the only option. Competition is good."

In addition to downloads for $4.99, all MP3-CDs will be priced at $9.99; and all audio CDs from $6.99 to $14.99.

I believe the discounts are also available on pre-orders.

message 24: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Just bought a ton of books at the Tantor Labor Day sale (all $4.99 downloads) including My Beautiful Enemy and How the Scoundrel Seduces.

message 25: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (scent45) | 88 comments has anyone downloaded the tantor app on your smart phone and listen to your audio book from there

message 26: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Cynthia wrote: "has anyone downloaded the tantor app on your smart phone and listen to your audio book from there"

I did and did not like it, so I load all the books onto my Ipod using itunes.

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments Do they have these sales with itunes?

message 28: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Dawn wrote: "Do they have these sales with itunes?"
The sale is on Tantor's website today only, but I'll just download the ones I bought and import them into itunes and load them onto my ipod from there. I do hope that they will work on a functional app in the near future. I like Audible and Downpour's apps.

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments I am not sure if i know how to do that. I should get my 20 year old to help me out. She is my tech support lol

message 30: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Dawn wrote: "I am not sure if i know how to do that. I should get my 20 year old to help me out. She is my tech support lol".

Audio Gals has a section their website about these types of things including a section on how to download a Tantor book as well as Itune tutorials.

http://www.audiogals.net/simple-tech/...

message 31: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Audible is having a members-only WIN WIN SALE until September 18th. I see several books I'm interested in… *off to shop*

message 32: by Kathy (last edited Sep 18, 2014 10:04AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments I saw the Win Win Sale also. All the books are $4.95. Here's a link to all the romance audiobooks: Win Win Romance Books. There are about thirty-seven of them. I saw a book or two by Nora Roberts. This sale ends at midnight.

Win Win Romance Books

message 33: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer is Audible's Deal of the Day today for $3.95!

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/The...

message 34: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Audible is having a Fall BOGO until the 8th.

(I grabbed La Nora's High Noon, Georgette Heyer's Sylvester, Robyn Carr's Four Friends, and Seanan McGuire's Toby Daye book 4. I'm still considering Molly Harper's Driving Mr. Dead, but haven't found what to pair it with…)

message 35: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "Audible is having a Fall BOGO until the 8th.

(I grabbed La Nora's High Noon, Georgette Heyer's Sylvester, Robyn Carr's Four Friends, and Seanan McGuire's Toby Daye book 4. I'm still considering Mo..."

Now this is an Audible BOGO worth checking out. bookjunkie, you mention 2 I am considering (High Noon and Driving Mr. Dead). Also want Trust Me on This (Crusie) and Devil in Winter (Kleypas). And, of course, love me some Argeneau vampires (Sands)!

I will warn everyone to stay away from this version of Out of Control (Brockmann). The new, improved dual narration is coming out this month- wait for that one.

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 485 comments I got Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews and The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss (this one was in my basket from the previous BOGO).

message 37: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Lauren wrote: "I got Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews and The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss (this one was in my basket from the previous BOGO)."

Both great books, Lauren. The first one I listened and it was great. The second was the book that turned me into fantasy - I did't listen to it but I've heard good things about the narration.

message 38: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments Most of the romance offerings were ones I'd already read or ones with narrators that I can't listen too (unfortunately it was more a case of the latter). I did however pick up Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews and a non-fiction title The Time Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England by Ian Mortimer .

I really enjoy history but can't always read it--it takes me a while to absorb everything--so this was a great find! I may even listen to it first before the Andrews'!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 35 comments Must say I adored Clean Sweep, Driving Mr. Dead, and everything Seanan McGuire

message 40: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "Audible is having a Fall BOGO until the 8th.

(I grabbed La Nora's High Noon, Georgette Heyer's Sylvester, Robyn Carr's Four Friends, and Seanan McGuire's Toby Daye book 4. I'm still considering Mo..."

Thanks for the note, I don't check Audible very often for sales. This site is better... we have a great network here that lets us know :)

message 41: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Nice sale! I got Clean Sweep and Archangel's Blade. I've read and enjoyed both of them and know I'll like the narrators. There were a few others that I considered but after searching here and finding less than stellar reviews about the narrators I decided against them. Thanks to this site for being a great resource!

message 42: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) by Molly Harper is $1.99 and is whispersync for those who are audiobook fans
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A...

message 43: by Eleighna (new)

Eleighna | 50 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) by Molly Harper is $1.99 and is whispersync for those who are audiobook fans
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A..."

Thank you! Totally LOVE this series

message 44: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Audible's Daily Deal is The Collector by Nora Roberts for $5.95.

http://www.audible.com/ref=pd_Romanc_...

message 45: by Jane (PS) (last edited Oct 10, 2014 04:14PM) (new)

Jane (PS) Audible must have some other books on sale 'cos I just picked up off my wishlist for $5.95 (each):

Crocodile on the Sandbank
Luck in the Shadows

Bound to be more out there I'm guessing :)

message 46: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Audible must have some other books on sale 'cos I just picked up off my wishlist for $5.95 (each):

Crocodile on the Sandbank
Luck in the Shadows

Bound to be more out th..."

You made me curious, so I went looking. Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward , Crave (Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward and Possession (Fallen Angels, #5) by J.R. Ward by J.R. Ward are all $5.95, also.
So are In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks and Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) by Maya Banks by Maya Banks, and Black Rose (In The Garden, #2) by Nora Roberts and Blue Dahlia (In The Garden, #1) by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts. I wish they had a way to search by price!

message 47: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) Yes - it's a bit weird. I searched via the MM genre - but all the sales were ones I already owned :( And there were a heap in that sub-genre!

Tell Me It's Real which I loved is only $1.99 I think...

message 48: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Yes - it's a bit weird. I searched via the MM genre - but all the sales were ones I already owned :( And there were a heap in that sub-genre!

Tell Me It's Real which I loved is on..."

How can I tell the sale m-m books?

message 49: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments They always have a bunch of books in a certain genre on sale for $5.95. The last batch of books on sale were all young adult books, and before that, books that were made into movies. But there is never any advertising and no way to easily search for them. I don't understand it at all.

message 50: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) Ezi - I trolled thru 36 pages of all their LGBT books. Yes - I had some spare time on my hands ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.