Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Buddy Read: UGLY LOVE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG!! So excited! Colleen Hoover's newest book. This is undoubtedly going to be awesome!

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments YES!!! So ready!

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn It's on pre order :D

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 33 comments I have an ARC on it's way to my house! When are you guys starting this?

message 5: by Belkis (last edited Jul 23, 2014 11:06AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Yay! This is going to be so freaking fantastic!! All of us reading it together and we know this is going to be brilliant since CH simply cannot write a book that's anything but spectacular EEEeee!!

@ Amanda, we'll probably start it on it's release day Aug 5th :)

message 6: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I've got it on preorder too :-D

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 33 comments Colleen Hoover is brilliant!!

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I can't wait!

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments It's getting so close!

message 10: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments WooHoo!!! It's finally here!!

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Yup, I've got mine too .... just finished up my current book and will probably be starting tonight.

message 12: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I just downloaded it! :D yay!

message 13: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Yes yes and yes! Can't wait to start our journey :)

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Woohoo!! Starting tonight!'

message 15: by Lisa (last edited Aug 05, 2014 10:03AM) (new)

Lisa (lisaymomfromvalencia) | 3 comments I just finished chapter 4 and my heart has already broken TWICE!

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments I started this last night and was up until 5 am reading until about 73% and I am so tired right now. But I got a book to finish!

message 17: by Tracy (new)

Lisa wrote: "I just finished chapter 4 and my heart has already broken TWICE!"

Ahhh crap

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Sara wrote: "I started this last night and was up until 5 am reading until about 73% and I am so tired right now. But I got a book to finish!"

Oh man

message 19: by Tracy (new)

I'm psyching myself up for this one.

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaymomfromvalencia) | 3 comments Tracy wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I just finished chapter 4 and my heart has already broken TWICE!"

Ahhh crap"

No, it's all good, tho. I love CH's writing and she's just making me feel... so much for Miles. I honestly had NO IDEA what this story is about when I started it.

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Loved it!! Love the ending. So much love. Now I better go get some work done.

message 22: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Im about 20% through & i already know ill be a mess soon...

message 23: by Tracy (new)

UUgghh...I'm not starting this until the weekend. I can't afford to stay up all night trying to finish it and I don't want to rush it either. I want the whole day just to savor every word and read at my own pace.

message 24: by Tracy (new)

Lisa wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I just finished chapter 4 and my heart has already broken TWICE!"

Ahhh crap"

No, it's all good, tho. I love CH's writing and she's just making me feel... so much for M..."

I have no idea either Lisa and I don't want to know. I have tried not to read anything about it but it's kind of hard when you see it everywhere.

message 25: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "Loved it!! Love the ending. So much love. Now I better go get some work done."

Wow Sara, you're already finished?! LOL! Okay, I can understand that :D I'm jealous hahaha. Loving it so far.

message 26: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "UUgghh...I'm not starting this until the weekend. I can't afford to stay up all night trying to finish it and I don't want to rush it either. I want the whole day just to savor every word and read ..."

I know the feeling Tracy. My daughter's taking up all my free "reading" time. Hopefully she'll let me enjoy this one :)

message 27: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Lisa wrote: "I just finished chapter 4 and my heart has already broken TWICE!"

I know Lisa. I'm tied into knots waiting to find out Miles' story. It's going to be a doozey :(

message 28: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Donna wrote: "Im about 20% through & i already know ill be a mess soon..."

OMG Donna! I just know it's going to punch a hole in our chests.

message 29: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm about 60% into it and loving it and just waiting to know the whole story and wringing my hands because it's going to be BIG of course and it's going to make us curl up and cry BUT it's SO intense!!

message 30: by Lisa (last edited Aug 05, 2014 07:35PM) (new)

Lisa (lisaymomfromvalencia) | 3 comments I finished it. Devoured it. Once I started, I couldn't stop reading. Just simply beautiful. What I really love about this story is how it's told. The way the flashbacks are told, it simply visually reinforced the words on paper. CH is simply a genius.

message 31: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Belkis wrote: "I'm about 60% into it and loving it and just waiting to know the whole story and wringing my hands because it's going to be BIG of course and it's going to make us curl up and cry BUT it's SO inten..."

So many feelings!

message 32: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as Hopeless, only got 1 tearful moment from me (I hope ppl don't think I'm a callous b!#^?), but no tears spilled. I think partly because I thought it was slightly predictable. But, nevertheless, her writing was great & identifying with the MC was exceptional.

message 33: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm around 80% and the breakdown is close now I know it. It's been building and building and I can feel Miles' heartbreak rushing like a train at full throttle.

message 34: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Belkis wrote: "I'm around 80% and the breakdown is close now I know it. It's been building and building and I can feel Miles' heartbreak rushing like a train at full throttle."

Get ready, Belkis. This was probably about the part that I said, "ok, I'm going to bed" then came upon it & was like, wth, I may as we'll finish the book. Gah I'm tired! Hahaha

message 35: by Belkis (last edited Aug 06, 2014 07:30AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as Hopeless, only got 1 tearful ..."

I'm not done yet Donna, but I know what you mean. I'm loving it of course, it's CH!! She's brilliant. Her writing, and storytelling, her characters!! The FEELS my GOD! At this point in one of her books I would've cried a few times like in Hopeless, Slammed, and Maybe Someday. Those 3 GUTTED ME!

message 36: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Donna wrote: "Belkis wrote: "I'm around 80% and the breakdown is close now I know it. It's been building and building and I can feel Miles' heartbreak rushing like a train at full throttle."

Get ready, Belkis. ..."

I bet Donna, that's why I put it down last night at around 80% so that today I could get up and function at work :)

message 37: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Belkis wrote: "Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as Hopeless, only ..."

Yes! And MS wasn't quite as bad as those, mainly because I wasn't sure if I like Ridge much in the beginning, but it all worked out in the end. ;)

message 38: by Belkis (last edited Aug 06, 2014 08:11AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Donna wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as ..."

Oh yes it did <3 ended up LOVING MS so very much. I just got through the BIG TERRIBLE :'( OMG POOR Miles OMG!! And of course Rachel and Tate and all of them SOB SOB SOB SOB!!

message 39: by Tracy (new)

Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as Hopeless, only got 1 tearful ..."

Don't worry Donna, I'm one of those ppl to.

message 40: by Tracy (new)

Belkis wrote: "Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as Hopeless, only ..."

She does have a way of doing that Belkis. Its amazing how she reaches down to your very soul.

message 41: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Donna wrote: "Finished the book in the wee hours of the morning. I have to thank CH for the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways, It was good. Not as good as ..."

Yeah Tracy :(

message 42: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments okay I finished and of course it was fantastic.

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Belkis wrote: "okay I finished and of course it was fantastic."

Wasn't it, though. I saw some reviews today of people not thrilled with it. But I loved how it was written and Miles story being 6 years earlier.

message 44: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I really liked it. And yes, Miles story was heartbreaking and had me crying for all he'd lost and his devastation. I also loved the alternating POV's and timelines.

message 45: by Tracy (new)

For those of us or me that didn't get this one read I'm pretty sure its our Sept BOM. Right Belkis?

message 46: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Yes it is, along with Fault In Our Stars

message 47: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Yup they sure are. And both are pretty good reads. They're going to make you cry and feel the BIG emotions :'(

message 48: by Tracy (new)

Yeah that's why I'm doing Ugly Love. I have tFioS but my mom recently died of this so I'll wait.

message 49: by Belkis (last edited Aug 29, 2014 09:55AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Yeah that's why I'm doing Ugly Love. I have tFioS but my mom recently died of this so I'll wait."

Oh Tracy I'm so so sorry. My dad died last September and I'm still struggling with his passing almost daily. Yeah, avoid tFioS for sure.

message 50: by Tracy (new)

I say it was recently but it's been a year. Wow, can't believe I made it without her that long.

But yeah, no tFioS for me right now.