Addicted to YA discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Any Questions? > The Hunger Games movies v.s. books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Esther | 4 comments I've watched first two installments of the Hunger Games movies but didn't read the books. I am thinking about reading the Mockingjay before the last two movies come out. I know there are some differences between the books and movies and would like to ask anyone who reads the books as well as watches the movies whether I should read the first two books first before I read the third?

message 2: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
Esther wrote: "I've watched first two installments of the Hunger Games movies but didn't read the books. I am thinking about reading the Mockingjay before the last two movies come out. I know there are some diffe..."

You should probably read the first two books beforehand. The movies did quite a good job following the books but obviously they don't have time to put every scene in. A lot of emotional things happen in the Mockingjay and it just wouldn't be the same without reading 1&2 first.

message 3: by Esther (last edited Jul 23, 2014 07:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Esther | 4 comments Nikki,

Thank you very much for your opinion!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

HUNGER GAMMMEEESSS MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS

I love book but I love movies slightly better 😈 😂

Rasa Ievkalne | 42 comments Loved the books, despise the movies. In books so mutch hangs on emotions and little things, small nuances that, when dismissed in movies, completely change characters. In books you can fully feel why Catniss is the way she is, why and how mutch Gale means to her and how hard is her relationship with Peeta and Heimitch. Side characters are multiple and well developed, but movies dismiss them even when they play important role for the direction of the whole story. Even evil is mild in movies. And while the way movies are filmed, gives it that reality show feeling, i found it hard to watch. They don't portray half of what happens in the book and games itself didn't feel as desperate or horrendous as they were supposed to be. Books are about survival, movies are about show.

Jasmine (divagrl2020) | 44 comments idrk. The books were rlly good and descriptive,but the movies had a lot of action and emotion.I literally balled my eyes out in Mockingjay pt 2. no cap. So imma have to go with the movies

message 7: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam (dovahkiin_dovahkiin) | 264 comments I like both. They did a good Job with the movies.
Also, just realized that this post is six years old. Pretty sure they've decided by now.