Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Scott

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Greetings, Ireland Goodreaders. I'm a Yank but have been living in Mayo a dozen years with my Irish wife and child. I plan to get back into more reading, having this summer completed my first novel: Maximilian and Carlotta Are Dead It is set in California and Mexico in the 1970s, but it does have a bit of an Irish connection, as I included a character from Galway. (I fully expect to get slagged over his incongruous speech patterns.) Anyway, I'm looking forward to following the discussions here and maybe even jumping in when I half-know what I'm talking about. All the best.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Great to meet you, Scott.If you're looking to jump straight in we have loads of group reads we've read previously. And as for knowing what you're talking about, I'm often totally lost but it never stops me commenting.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Welcome to the group Scott. Feel free to jump in anytime

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul They put up with me anyway ;-)

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Hi Scott. Welcome to the group. As some of the others have said we rarely know what we are talking about so don't let that hold you back. :-)

message 6: by Trelawn (new)

Trelawn Hi Scott and welcome to the group

message 7: by I-like-to-read (new)

I-like-to-read (akakate) Hi Scott

Welcome :-)

Kate

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments I have to say this is a very friendly and welcoming group! Thanks so much for making me feel at home.

message 9: by I-like-to-read (new)

I-like-to-read (akakate) We have a wonderful mod in Declan, he doesn't get to uptight about what we talk about, we very often go off topic :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I think of there was one word that described this group it would 'tangent,' Kate. :)

We are very friendly, Scott, but that's because we like having new members to shoot the breeze with.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane Welcome Scott and lucky you getting to live now in Mayo. (I live in Ohio)

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Diane wrote: "Welcome Scott and lucky you getting to live now in Mayo. (I live in Ohio)"

Thanks, Diane. I lived in Ohio for a year a long time ago. In Columbus when I was a graduate student at Ohio State. It's not such a bad place either, although I definitely prefer the winters in Ireland!

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Likewise, Jamie Lynn! Hope the winter isn't as harsh as promised. So far I have no complaints about the autumn here. (Farmers here consider autumn to start in August.) Hope you're having good weather where you are.

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments Hello Scott and welcome! Don't I envy you getting to live in Ireland. I'm originally from Derry in the north but somehow managed to end up in Florida, where we are getting ready for fall. The temps today were a brisk 83 degrees.

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments Really, Jamie Lynn? What a small world! I wonder if he knew any of my family?

message 16: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Hi. Just a quick note to let anyone interested know that my novel (Maximilian and Carlotta Are Dead) is now out on paperback, and I'm pretty excited about it.

Maximilian and Carlotta Are Dead by Scott R. Larson

Details can be found on my blog at http://www.scottlarsonbooks.com

Go raibh maith agaibh!

message 17: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Thanks, Theresa!

message 18: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments Congratulations, Scott!

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments It would indeed.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hi

message 21: by Scott (new)

Scott R. Larson (scottla) | 28 comments Hi, Cayla.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi scoot