Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Lets write a story

Comments Showing 1-50 of 512 (512 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Lorelei (last edited Jul 23, 2014 02:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorelei We are going to take it in turns to write 2 sentences that will contribute to a story like divergent.

The names are shown on the board, I can't look. This will determine who I'll spend my whole life with, the person I will fight against The Heart with, I look up.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

And then I see his name.No no this can't be right ,it can't be him..

Lorelei Uinaiv Flint. No,no,no,no,no.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I close my eyes and pinch myself hoping this is all just a dream...I mean this boy killed my best friend in the world I can barely look at him,and now this happens?

message 5: by Lorelei (last edited Jul 23, 2014 02:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorelei Janey is next to me clutching my hand her 16th birthday is in 5 years from now. I can't look at dad, he started all this, mum said I should stop it but she's gone now.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

And then it hits me..I am alone in this and I have to be my own hero and face the truth ..

Lorelei Dads doing a good thing.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

So I take a deep breath ,hug my sister goodbye and share an awkard look with my father..I know that he thinks this is for the best but I just wish he knew what this boy had done to Emily..

Lorelei I walk towards the pod that me and Uinaiv will be sharing. But he is there, oh god his eyes.

message 10: by Hummingbird01 (last edited Jul 27, 2014 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hummingbird01 I can`t take it. People who didn`t even know him properly are grieving , God I hate them !!!!!!!!

message 11: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K I clench my teeth in an attempt to hide my jealousy, but it must show on my face. Uinaiv Sends me a look of embarrassment.

Clara Mouawad i looked away , and that's when i saw her ! it can't be

message 13: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Ashaya smirked smugly at me. She was enjoying my humiliation.

Dennis John But I'm hoping that deep inside her she cares for me.

message 15: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Our relationship has always been complicated. Ever since Ashya's boyfriend found out about us, she's been acting like she is above me.

Clara Mouawad i really hate her now

message 17: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Ugh, I always tell myself that. Sometimes, I almost convince myself.

Hummingbird01 How can she do this to me? It`s so unfair!!!!

message 19: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K One of the elders clears his throat. I didn't realise that I have been standing at the pod for a couple of minutes now.

Hummingbird01 "Fate has a strange sense of humour and it is not always easy to understand," he said.

message 21: by fatima (last edited Jul 28, 2014 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

fatima kassira Nodding my head in respect-just the way i have been taught- i let it rest in that position for exactly three seconds. And let me tell you this, three seconds is enough to question what is next.

Hummingbird01 would I be moved to the other pod , or would I stay with him...

Michaela Gomes The elders brush me off and leave. We're alone, and I wonder what thoughts are turning behind those dark eyes.

message 24: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Uinaiv placed his hand on the console. It lit up as it scanned him, bringing up his personal information on a holographic screen.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Looking over to get a good study on who he really was which dispite everything wasn't much at all.

Name: Uiniaiv
Gender: Male. (Well of cross he was male! Was that even nessacery to throw in here?)
Born: 7\14\ 94
Lived: Ohio
Transferred to: Arazona

and so it went on and on like that. Making me wonder why he transferred. Normally people where only allowed to transfer if we got assigned to whoever they where supposed to live with for the rest of their life. But we weren't in Arazona

message 26: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Where we came from couldn't have been more different! Chicago was a cold and bustling city of millions.

message 27: by Meredith (last edited Jul 28, 2014 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meredith And somehow, just looking at his face made this whole city seem even colder and busier. God I wanted to hit him so hard and make him suffer like Emily.

message 28: by fatima (last edited Jul 28, 2014 08:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

fatima kassira But i can't. Like the Leaders say acts of violence is only for the animals.

message 29: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K I place my hand on the console next to Uinaiv's and my stats come up as well:
Name: Kida
Born: January 10
Lives: Chicago
Marital status: Single

Only the marital status of women seemed to matter to the State. It was quite old fashioned in that respect.

fatima kassira i felt Uinaiv scan the screen seconds after me. A slight movement in his lips, caught the corner of my eye.
he can't be serious

Michaela Gomes I glanced at him, but what I could've sworn was a smile had flattened into such a severe expression, that I began to doubt I had seen anything at all.

Hummingbird01 My imagination was playing with my mind .One minute he was opening up to me, the next he was shutting me out again. Why was I letting him do this to me, how can he manipulate my emotions like this!?

message 33: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K We got on with things by climbing into the pod, side-by-side. We got strapped in and hooked up to a bunch of machines.

Hummingbird01 God, this is not how I had imagined it! I hope it doesn`t hurt !!

Heather A line of code appears in thin air. We can see nothing else until the program has loaded.

Hummingbird01 How much longer will this take? The crowed is starting to get restless!

message 37: by Michelle Joyce (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle Joyce Bond "Don't tense up." Uinaiv's voice was as hard as the muscles in his forearms, his hands gripping the steel bar in front of him.

"You should take your own advice."

Hummingbird01 "Ha ha very funny" Uninaiv reaplied.
"I wasn`t joking,"

message 39: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy "I know you weren't. But neither was I."
For a second, I let my eyes linger towards him.

Caitlin Then, we hear a low beeping noise. Making both of us cringe.

Hannah Rahman I look up at Uninaiv and see the horror on his face.This beeping sound signifies an attack.

Caitlin I rush towards the doors of the pod, ready to pry them open.
"Don't," Uninaiv says calmly.

Kohner I stare back at him, ready to snap some smart answer and make those eyes cease their inspection of me. But all that comes out, in an almost timid whisper is, "Why?"

Hannah Rahman Is he blooming deaf? can he not hear the danger signals?

Caitlin "Because," he says, standing to approach me.

Kohner I would have snickered under normal circumstances, but the blaring alarm has washed away all semblance of it.
"Intelligent," I snap, "If you'll excuse me, I have to get out of here before we're hit. You're welcome to stay here and die."

Nitika Raj As I turned to move towards the doors, he caught hold of my wrist.

Sam K. "Please."
He gazes at me, pupils dilated, face blank.
"Not now."

Nitika Raj I couldn't believe this moment. If he was pleading, it must be something serious. Something I don't know of. Something purposely kept from me and not him.

Sam K. "What is it?" I snap, briskly stepping away from him.
He half-laughs, shaking his head. "Don't you realise?"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11