Silmarillion Read-Along discussion

The Silmarillion
This topic is about The Silmarillion
harry potter houses

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elanor (new)

Elanor Woodhams | 2 comments Sorting characters from various books into the houses we think they would be in if they went to Hogwarts is a conversation I have often with my sisters or my friends.
What houses do you think characters from either The Silmarillion or The Lord of the Rings should be in, and why?

I'll start with Sam Gamgee. I think he would be in Hufflepuff. He is increadibly loyal to Frodo, and I think what he does in getteing the ring to Mordor counts as hardworking, however he is also brave, he goes to Mordor, and was going to go destroy the ring himself when he thought Frodo was dead.

message 2: by Zebramind (new)

Zebramind | 3 comments Thats interessting.
But I somehow want to keep it a bit to the Silmarillion and want to put my favourite Valar into the houses.

I would start off with my favourite: Vaire.
She is not as mighty but knows much about the time. She would be definitly in Ravenclaw. I would also put her spuse Mandos into Ravenclaw, he is the Doomsman of the Valar and has to be really wise.

Uinen would for me go to Huffelpuff, she is loyal to her spouse Osse and also to her Valar Ulmo. She is a calm character, but really important. I would also put Nessa into Huffelpuff. And also Lorien.

Melkor will obviously fit to Slytherin for me. He is looking for might and strenght. Maybe, if i have to decide, also Aule. For the moment i dont want to spoil anyone, but what he does with the dwarves, even if he is suposed not to from Eru, and how he does it, as a secret, makes me put im into Slytherin.

Typical Gryffindors are Tulkas, the Variant, how his name says. Also Este, who cares for everyone. And definitly Varda.

(I hope i didnt changed your topic too much and sorry for my not so well written english)

Mary Foxe (fargreencountryswiftsunrise) Zebramind wrote: "Thats interessting.
But I somehow want to keep it a bit to the Silmarillion and want to put my favourite Valar into the houses.

I would start off with my favourite: Vaire.
She is not as mighty bu..."

I actually was going to put Aule down for Slytherin too.

I think I would put Nienna into Hufflepuff because of how much she loves others.