What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Girl wants to be in a family of 5, gets her wish /s

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (last edited Jul 23, 2014 03:24AM) (new)

Charlotte (caelestial) | 7 comments The protagonist is a girl who really wishes she could be the middle child in a family of 5. That way she could have older siblings to guide her and younger siblings to play with (or something along those lines). She's on the train or ferry or something one day and sees a family of 5 there. Somehow she becomes part of the family. In the end (view spoiler) Also, a random thing I remember is that the girl liked to write. I think it was a children's book.

Thank you to anyone who helps!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments Do you mean chapter book or picture book? Given the ending I would guess it is not new, since that kind of ending (it was just a ...) isn't encouraged now from what I've read. What year did you read it? Was it old or new at the time?

message 3: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (caelestial) | 7 comments It was a chapter book targeted towards a younger audience I think. Yeah, I think it was an older book. I read it around elementary or middle school. I don't remember the cover at all.

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments By year I meant, 1990? 1970? 1985? I need an upper year so I can roughly make a year range (minimum I usually set is 1950).

message 5: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments Awake and Dreaming?

Absolutely loved this book when I was younger.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (caelestial) | 7 comments Sorry for the late reply but yes that's it! Thank you so much!