YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Landline
This topic is about Landline
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Landline by Rainbow Rowell - Restarting March 18th 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Tessa | 1951 comments Description: "Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply — but that almost seems besides the point now.

Maybe that was always besides the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her — Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?

Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened? "

Margarita and I will be reading this! Feel free to join us! :)

Tessa | 1951 comments Sadie wrote: "After reading Eleanor & Park I've been dying to read more of her books! I just got this, so I think I will join y'all for this read. :)"

Oh, I didn't like that one, but I do like her adult books. Note that this is not YA :).

And, I'm glad you want to join us! ^^

Offtopic: finished Faking Normal, it gets better after ch 12 :) .

message 3: by Marga (new) - added it

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments yaay!

Tessa | 1951 comments Sadie wrote: "Does it? Hmm... Maybe I'll have to pick it up again and read on! "

Yes it does, just wanted to let you know. I've also not forgotten about Memories of a Geisha. Will get back to it today :) .

Tessa | 1951 comments Sadie wrote: "Tessa wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Does it? Hmm... Maybe I'll have to pick it up again and read on! "

Yes it does, just wanted to let you know. I've also not forgotten about Memories of a Geisha. Will ge..."

I'm on ch 6, so feel free to delay XD...

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Joining this :D

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Start: (view spoiler)

Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I'm joining this too but I can't start till later today... I'll catch up with your spoilers as soon as I can :)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Okay I'm wayyyy late but I'm finally into this book and OMG I love it..

I just had to check the "genre" to see if it was Fantasy because I'm SOOOOO confused..

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 9 [spoilers removed]" YES! (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Princess wrote: "Chapter 13 [spoilers removed]"

I just have no idea what the logic is.. I'm confused. If this is some trick Neal's mom has to be in on it too...

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Yes Neal is a great dad.. This confusion is killing me.. I just want to finish this so bad

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Rachael wrote: "Chapter 15 [spoilers removed]"

Oww that's why, I'm not really familiar with it ^^V

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I just finished.................
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82873 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 7th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments I will totally buddy read this starting on the 7th!

message 19: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments A anyone else getting started on this today? I'm excited to read it!

message 20: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments Well, I really like this so far. Seth kind of annoys me, but I think it's only excuse Georgia thinks about him all the time. I'm excited to see how the story unfolds now that she's started her strange phone calls!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 7
(view spoiler)

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments Chapter 34: (view spoiler)

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments Noella wrote: "Chapter 7
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma (goldguardie) | 266 comments Finished!

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 17
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 27
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Emma wrote: "Chapter 34:

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 23rd 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

prag ♻ (janayanation) Started!
(view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Just started... sorry it took me a while... I have been caught up at work.. I won't have much time tomorrow so will read it some but I am completely free on Thursday so I will dive more into it then... I will have it done by the end of Thursday night.. I'm excited to read this book... :)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Ch 2. Alice is gonna make me cry. (view spoiler)

prag ♻ (janayanation) 41%
(view spoiler)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Cinthia wrote: "Ch 2. Alice is gonna make me cry. [spoilers removed]"

Almost done!
(view spoiler)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Finished.

(view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments pg. 83 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Pg 116. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Pg 157. "That's like the sun being jealous of a lightbulb." I love it. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Pg 235 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Pg 302 "if you were standing next to the person you loved more than anything else,wasn't everything else just scenery?" This is perfect!!

Cinthia | 5702 comments Finished. (view spoiler)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Cinthia wrote: "Pg 235 [spoilers removed]"

I totally guessed that! (view spoiler)

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date Changed. Restarting April 26th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments Hey, can I join you guys? :)

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments Thanks! I've actually only read Eleanor and Park, but I really enjoyed that one. :)

message 46: by Luci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luci Limón (lucilimon) | 565 comments I just started it, I loved Rowell's Fangirl and I have really high expectations on this one. So far, it't looking good! :)

message 47: by Luci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luci Limón (lucilimon) | 565 comments Chapter 13

(view spoiler)

message 48: by Luci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luci Limón (lucilimon) | 565 comments Finished.

I loved it!! This author has something about her that makes me fall in love with her characters... I literally couldn't put the book down and kept reading all night until I finished it!

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Luci (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luci Limón (lucilimon) | 565 comments Feyde wrote: "41%
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date Changed. Restarting February 5th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

« previous 1