Blue Bloods discussion

Books in the Series > Revelations

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) | 30 comments Mod
Wow. I just read this book and I was amazed. It is definitely the best book in the series so far.
Spoilers for people who haven't read this book!

I can't believe that Bliss is Lucifer's daughter! She is my favorite character and it makes me sad. I bet Schuyler and she will have a showdown. I really hope Bliss doesn't end up dead. Also, does anyone want Jack to end up with Schuyler? I really hope they end up together. The excerpt for The Van Allen Legacy is amazing. It looks so good! I read it and I was blown away.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments I know Jack's really cool and everything, but I think Schuyler is better off with Oliver. Jack may love her, but there could be those "disasterous consequences" or whatever. If he can't break his fate to be with Sky, she's going to get her heart broken.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Yeah, the whole vampire twin thing causes a lot of problems.

message 4: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I'm all Team Oliver!

I don't like Jack.

I hate that Schuyler is going to have to kill (most likely) Bliss. :(

I'm wonder what is going to happen with all of the silver bloods running about impersonating the blue bloods?

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments I want to know what is up with Bliss's little sister. (What's her name again???) She was about to kill Bliss, but then she's hauled away? And why was Schuyler's grandma involved?

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments yh i was thinkin that to, didnt really get that part, so need to read the next one, and yh i prefer schuyler with oliver i think theyd be best for each other, jack brings to many complications and baggage ::P

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Bliss' sister .... a seer? or something about knowledge or truth? It's been so long since I've read the book. Just like the other blue bloods stand for something and have names she does too.

She's hauled away because Bliss' parents are in with Satan and don't want the sister sabotaging their plans.

I think Schuyler's grandmother pulled her from the line to be reborn because she knew that something was up and wanted her to figure out what it was.

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments well, whatever's going on, I actually liked her. Sure, she was a little creepy the way she watched everything and seemed to know more than she should have, but there was something about her...

And I am so Team Oliver! The crap he has to put up with, like when he spotted Jack and Schuyler leaving the apartment? Yeah, that sucks. And I didn't want him to give in and be a blood donor (what where there names? I can't remember any of this!), but he did.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments lmao yh its bin some time ive read it to, but oliver really is the perfect guy for her, i can see where jack can come of appealing, there is no denying his hotness, but that dosnt mean he should be the best for her, i think she needs someone, who will always be there, jack im just not so sure about, and yh i was so shocked about bliss i rally liked her as a charcter, shame... :)

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Oliver is a constant in her life, there's no other way to say it. He's there to help her. He's in love with her. He's protective. That's about everything that Jack's not. She needs someone who's going to be constant, not someone who's only going to be there when Mimi lets him out of her sight.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments gota agree with you there :D

message 12: by Samantha (new)

I am TEAM JACK!!! Oliver is a great friend, but I think he can be kind of manipulitive, like trying to make Schuyler feel guilty about the whole familiar thing when he knew what the consequences would be. I also just don't like Oliver that much, period. There is just no chemistry between him and Schuyler... and I think that's important if you're going to have a romantic relationship with someone.

Jack just feels right for her. And he needs to get away from Mimi! They don't have a healthy relationship and he just doesn't love her the way he loves Schuyler. It's just NOT fair that he has to suffer through a loveless bond lifetime after lifetime. I think he deserves to get away from Mimi and have his happily-ever-after with Schuyler. But that could take awhile with all the books we still have to go.

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Actually now that I think about it I'm Team Oliver tells Schuyler to get over herself and moves on! lol

Jack is an cheating asshole. Mimi is a rude bitch. Match made in hell. (they are fallen angels after all right?)

I think Schuyler is better off away from Jack. All those nasty repercussions that are eluded to if he strays from his twin.

I'm dissapointed that Schuyler lowered herself to being the "other woman", so trashy.

It's not even a regular oh well it won't really hurt anyone except Oliver and Mimi. This involves their entire world/species. Let's not be stupid about this.

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Well... I just think it's like how you would feel if you were destined to be with someone you didn't love- like an arranged marriage. And if you read the chapter from Jack's point of view on
melissa-delacruz.com you'll know that Jack never "cheated" on Mimi before, with Gabrielle or anyone else. I reccomend reading that chapter, it's very illuminating for all the characters and tells a lot about where the next books will be headed. So, to conclude, I think Jack can't really be accused of cheating, and Schuyler can't really be called the other woman. Because first of all, Jack and Mimi didn't have their bonding yet. And second of all, it's not like Jack chose to be with Mimi and went back on his word.

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Ok. He always had a wondering eye. Even for Schuyler's mother! There was a comment made about that in one of the books.

He and Mimi are twins. They have been together every cycle. Everyone knows who and what they are. It's an unsaid thing that they are meant for each other.

Now I fully agree that arranged marriage and all that are horrible. I feel bad for Jack and Mimi.

BUT Jack DID cheat on Mimi and Schuyler DID become the "other woman" in this. Even if Jack and Mimi weren't bonded they were going to be (soon right?) and everyone knows their history.

If there were a loophole where Jack could leave Mimi and be with Schulyer it would be a HEA. It probably will happen but for now whatever they have going on is tainted.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments lol u both got ur points a part of me feels just let mimi and jack get on with it, and let shuyler be, but then you see these scences where jack and shuyler seem so into each other its like urgh theres no denying it theyve totally fallen for each other, ok lets say this its the clary and jace case, oliver is simon and lets say mimi is jace girl, now we so want clary and jace to be together, so why not jack and shuyler... simple his arragone and cockyness sadly dosnt appeal to me anyway like jace' does, so its pretty much jacks fault and hey im a sucker for the guy who crnt get the girl, lol its true!

message 17: by Samantha (new)

In Melissa de la Cruz's online story she explains that Jack never had anything more with Schuyler's mom than friendship. That little chapter explains a lot (like how he didn't cheat on Mimi before this!) and makes you feel for Jack.

lol, Blue. Nice comparison to Mortal Instruments! Yeah, I don't like Jack as much as Jace. But I do think Jack and Schuyler should be together. Yeah, I'm a sucker for forbidden romance.

message 18: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I didn't say he acted on anything with her mom.

BUT it is alluded to a few times in the books that he has a wandering eye! Something about how he had something with Schuyler's mother (not that he acted on it) and in the end of the last book it says he gave all his gentleness and love to the daughters of light and all that was left for Mimi was ..... violence? I'll have to look it up.

So that being said I do feel bad for Mimi. She is stuck in all of this too and has to watch the guy she's in love with be so loving and gentle with all of these other women. Jack treats her like shit when it isn't her fault they are stuck with each other. Neither of them are happy. It's a pity party! lol

The truth is the truth. What he and Schuyler are doing is wrong.

You can sugarcoat it all you want but in the end that's what it is.

Now if they found a loophole for all of this and could be together in the proper sense without causing a catastrophe for their species. Then I'm all for it.

message 19: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments I don't feel sorry for Mimi. She's backed herself into this. If she'd been kind to Jack, maybe he wouldn't be looking for love with Schuyler. And yes, I do realize it is there fate to be together and having that over your head may make it tempting to look for love somewhere else, but feel sorry for Mimi for that? Never. She never feels sorry about anything evil she does to anyone else, so why should I feel sorry for her? What about poor Oliver, when she told him about Schuyler? She bends the rules all the time (like with her familiars. Aren't they supposed to be someone you care about, not just someone hot you happen upon?) and gets upset that Jack is "cheating" on her? Sorry, not feeling the sympathy.

message 20: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Would you be kind to the love of your life when he's cheating on you or oggling other women? Jack is also mean to her. Remember then end of the last book?

There are tender moments between them. It isn't all a bitchfest.

Yes Mimi is a bitch but nobody deserves that.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Well, technically, Mimi cheats on Jack. I mean she obviously seduces all her familiars and she probably has been unfaithful more than he has! And she doesn't do it out of love, just for her own amusement. Also, Mimi abuses her familiars, so it's not like she's a nice person. And they say to treat others the way you want to be treated.

message 22: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Jack isn't a nice person either. I forgot about Mimi and her familiars... did she always seduce them?

What does Mimi abusing her familiars have to do with Jack cheating? We all know Mimi is a bitch. lol

It does suck that it's forbidden for Jack and Schuyler but rules are rules. Talking about how horrible Mimi is for breaking the rules about her familiars yet saying it's ok for Jack and Schuyler to break the crapton of rules that they are by being together is kind of ridiculous.

The whole treat others the way you want to be treated goes for Jack too. Apparently he'd want to be cheated on if that were the case.

I just think it is selfish and immature for Jack and Schuyler to be doing what they are doing. They know it won't end well for them or their people. If they maybe focused on loopholes instead of their pity parties they could get somewhere.

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Maybe it's my own personal preference, but I'd pick Mr. Dependable over Mr. Forbidden. If I needed a shoulder to cry on, I'd know Oliver would be there for me, no matter what. It just seems like he's more...devoted...to her because he's not tied up with anyone else. I understand the thrill of Jack, but eventually that's going to wear off.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments yeh its interesting to guess who shell end up with, up until now ive alwasy though schuyler as a great main charcter, now its seming way to famillair, jack being the forbiden edward, oliver the dependent jacob, oh god make it stop!!! someone tell me im wrong, i actually really liked her and all darn!

message 25: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I completely agree Holly.

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Thank you, Amelia! And Blue, I can see where you're pulling those parallels. It does seem that way. For me, though, I don't like to compare characters from different stories. I don't fault anyone for doing it, but I just feel each character is their own person and deserves that recognition.

And yeah, I like Schuyler too. What's not to like about the vampire anomaly?

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Blue, I think you should still like Scuyler. She's not half as whiny as Bella. And Bella would never have been brave enough to break things off with Edward... the way Schuyler did with Jack. it breaks my heart that she did it, but you have to admit she rocks for being able to put aside her own feelings for the greater good! :)

message 28: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Again I agree with Holly on not comparing characters.

Uh oh. We might be sharing brainwaves! lol

message 29: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Ha-ha! That's great. Well, they do say great minds think alike...

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 8 comments hahha yh, i was just having a momnet!!! lmao, becuase i really do like her as a charcter, she jus seems to do her own thing, and keep herself to herself, which is alot like me, plus i love her dress sense, she sems to rock whatever she wears :D

message 31: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 22 comments Samantha wrote: "Blue, I think you should still like Schuyler. She's not half as whiny as Bella. And Bella would never have been brave enough to break things off with Edward... the way Schuyler did with Jack. it bre..."

omg. o agree Bella would let the world die if only she could be with Edward, but you have to admit it is hard choose.

message 32: by Samantha (new)

Well, honestly I like Bella more because I relate to her more and know her better with the Twilight Saga being in the first person and all. But Schuyler is definitely braver and the two are very different.

message 33: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 22 comments Wat do you guys think is better, first person or second person?
i think i like fist because you know whats going on.

message 34: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments I love first person because i like knowing what the characters are thinking. If someone is guilt-ridden and say, jumps off a cliff, it's easier to understand when you see just how they're thinking, no matter how wrong it is.

And I wasn't trying to be morbid or anything, that was just the first thing that popped into my head. (...) I don't know if that should scare me or not.

message 35: by Amelia (new)

Amelia LMAO Holly!

To me it depends on the writer. I like all pov's as long as the characters and the story is enough to pull me in.

message 36: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments That's a good point. Me, I like being inside their heads. Like a shrink.

message 37: by Samantha (new)

I prefer the first person- stories where you get inside the character's minds, understand their motivation and see the story through their eyes. But if it's a well written novel in the second person, I'm not prejudiced and I'll enjoy it just as much. With the Blue Bloods characters I feel like I didn't know them for the beginning of the series. The character development improved in book two. Revelations shows how much Melissa de la Cruz's writing has matured and improved. By then I really loved the charcters (or hated them) and I could enjoy the story all the more because of that. Yes, if she'd written the storied in the first person she might have achieved this sooner (After reading Jack's Story on her website I felt for him and understood the end of Revelations. I know I've said it before but I really reccomend reading this- it's very insightful.), but then the voyeuristic feel of being an observer would be lost.

message 38: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 22 comments yeah i like first person a lot, but the in second you could get into - i guess - the other person head too.

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Actually--and I feel the wannabe English major in me wanting to point this out--it's actually third person. Here's how it goes:

First person: "I walked into the kitchen and took an apple out of the fridge."
Second person: "You walked into the kitchen and took an apple out of the fridge."
Third person: "He walked into the kitchen and took and apple out of the fridge."

See the difference? Sorry that was so much like a lesson, but it was bothering me.

message 40: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I'm actually glad you gave that lesson! lmao

I ALWAYS get them confused to the point of a near brain explosion. XD

message 41: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 22 comments oh OK!!!!
i needed that lesson! hahah

message 42: by Samantha (new)

thanks, Holly! I think we all benifitted from that. What I meant when I was saying second person was third person. Second person is interesting too, the only times I can think of reading it are in choose your own adventure books and newspaper articles.

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly | 18 comments Second person is really hard to read sometimes. There's a different website I used to go to when I wrote stories and some people wrote that way. It was like "You boarded the Hogwarts express and Fred commented on your hair. You blushed and lightly smacked his arm." I know they're trying to put you in that place, but it's like telling you how you're going to react.

And I'm glad it was a useful lesson!

message 44: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 22 comments oh gosh for me that would be really hard to write!