The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi! I'm new

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle♥ (new)

Michelle♥ | 129 comments I know that there's a lot of people who've posted very similar posts, but this is my first time joining a group on this website. I was recently informed about this site and have been sickeningly addicted to it. I wouldn't call it an obsession anymore; it's surpassed that ages ago. Like I said, I'm new and I love to read. I'm interested in talking about books or life in general, or how a book changed your life. I'd love to hear any recommendations from people who've read similar books or something that they feel will be awe inspiring. Thanks and it's nice to meet all of you!
~Michelle

message 2: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Hi Michelle, and welcome to the group! You're right - this site is incredibly addicting and also fun! You'll definitely meet lots of awesome people with good recommendations here.

Have fun!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments Hi Michelle - welcome!
I hope you're having a fabulous summer - nearly time to turn the seasons and wow the year is going by fast!
best to you!
What state are you in?
Sharon

message 4: by Michelle♥ (new)

Michelle♥ | 129 comments Hi! Thanks to both of you for the welcome! :) I'm in Michigan. This summer did go by quite fast and thank goodness! I love the warm weather and all, but I am definitely an autumn person. To me, the best time of year is fall because you can wear a hoodie, jeans, and flip flops and be absolutely perfect. Haha. I'm ready for the season change that's for sure.
~Michelle

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi Michelle,

Welcome to TNBBC. You will find a lot of nice people here and your TBR will grow as the recommendations come rolling out. This is a fun group.

Randi

message 6: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Welcome Michelle!!

message 7: by Sabina (new)

Sabina (read4fun) | 2 comments hi there:
i just joined this group and looking forward to sharing my stories and my interests with everyone...
i am currently reading the time traveler's wife... i DO NOT want to see the movie until i finish the book...

message 8: by Michelle♥ (last edited Aug 12, 2009 06:19PM) (new)

Michelle♥ | 129 comments i just got done reading the time traveler's wife...
it definitely wasn't what i thought it was going to be...i thought more along the lines of the notebook for some reason...
but i agree with you Sabina, i wanted to read the book before i saw the movie...
i usually tend to do that anyway, but this one in particular.

thanks for welcoming me Marci! :)

message 9: by Starcatcher (new)

Starcatcher | 25 comments Welcome Michelle!

I haven't started on the Time Traveller's Wife but plan to. So full of plans to read. :)

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) Welcome Michelle!

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10018 comments Mod
Hi Ladies, welcome to the group. Glad to hear you are both reading (or had read) one of our monthly picks!

message 12: by Sabina (new)

Sabina (read4fun) | 2 comments i met a girl last week who read the time traveler's wife 3x... i said to her that it must be either difficult or just a great read... she said the latter.
i said to her great, cause i was afraid that she was going to say the former. then I would have felt scared to continue.. but the truth is that I am enjoying it and am staying focussed when i read it. i must have complete silence so i do not miss anything and get distracted. you know what i mean???