Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just wanted to start a thread so we can discuss avatars - you know, the ones that make us laugh, cry, turn our heads sideways and crinkle our brows, the ones the scare us, etc, yada yada, blah blah, mwah mwah mwah, etc, etc, et cetera.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) There was that one ... oh crap I forget now. Sorry.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Well, people around here keep changing theirs, so I thought it appropriate since it'll be a timely topic for the long run.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I agree. I like yours, by the way.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :) So do I.

Melanie's is my favorite on GR, but she hardly ever posts in TC.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally always has good ones. I like her latest.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I can't figure out what taddy's is supposed to be.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments And I imagine Knarik as a Greek structure... and Nools as a sunset... and BunWat as her cartoon av. :)

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Knarik is an Armenian temple. Tadpole is ... oh heck, I can never remember that character's name.

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Aug 12, 2009 03:17PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Trevor Goodchild, I believe it is... except he's not anymore these days.

And KD's avs usually scare me, but I love his latest one. It's so pimp, it's peeumpph.

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Armenian temple! OH, the things you learn... :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I try to have something current for my avs.

I love your bear, Heidi. He looks like he's patiently waiting for his pickanick lunch. :D

message 13: by Knarik (last edited Aug 12, 2009 04:15PM) (new)

Knarik Yes, Heidi, mine is an Armenian pagan temple- Garni, which is 2000 years old.
I like bears who want to study(:, and Sally's av. are always interesting, and , of course, I like Larry's photo! Jackie's and RA's are always warm-family. And I love Nool's sunset.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I don't strive for currency in my av as much as something that reflects my mood.

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :)

Matt's pics always make me go "Oooooh!" :)

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Princeton Matthew? I haven't noticed his changing!

message 17: by Heidi (last edited Aug 12, 2009 04:23PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Yes, he's a miniMatt these days! It's a super adorable picture. He'll probably want to elbow me for saying this, but I just want to pinch his cheeks in that pic and rub/fluff his hair. :)

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori Heidi, I clicked on your profile to get a better look at the bear (cute!), and notice that you like Ellen Gilchrist - I went through a stage with her where I read everything she wrote. But that was years and years ago. 1990 maybe. And I like your doggy pic!

I'm terrible about changing my AV.

message 19: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments My current avi is a painting of the eye of Jupiter from the newer Battlestar Galactica series. It "fit" with some lyrics that I felt compelled to post on my profile so I went with it. Yes...i'm one of those BSG tools...

Larry's current avi is my favorite of his. It looks like an author pic on the back cover of a book.

Even though I know what Heidi looks like today from fb, my mind's eye still sees her as the little kid in the back seat making the bear face, especially when she is being humorous or mischievous.:)

Sally's pics always intrigue me, because she is one of those people who look slightly different in each picture (I mean that in a good way...)

And yes, Lori is always wearing the black hat in my mind, BunWat is the little cartoon character, and I will always envision Matt with his face slightly obscured as he blows a party horn.

message 20: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Yes, the graduation party!

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I like mine just the way it is.

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Larry?

message 23: by Heidi (last edited Aug 13, 2009 05:36AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ahh HAHA! RA, your new av cracks me up. It looks like you're trying to be menacing and the monster in the background is smiling and cheery. :)

My favorite of your avs is the one in which you look like you're trying to meditate and your son's making faces in the background.

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I love that Sally's pics are always bright and colorful.

message 25: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like tadpole's old beavis and butthead looking one

message 26: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ha, thanks, Heidi...that's from the Milwaukee Art Museum's awesome folk art collection...the guy is actually named "The Boogerman" but I said "the boogeyman" because I didn't want to confuse people.

message 27: by Heidi (last edited Aug 13, 2009 05:39AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Lori wrote: "Heidi, I clicked on your profile to get a better look at the bear (cute!), and notice that you like Ellen Gilchrist - I went through a stage with her where I read everything she wrote. But that was..."

Oddly, a friend of mine who was living in LA at the time introduced me to Ellen Gilchrist's writing (because she said I reminded her of one of Gilchrist's characters - Rhoda Manning to be exact). I'd read two books of hers before I realized she lives in Arkansas and teaches writing up in Fayetteville.

message 28: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments That's my favorite RA pic too, Heidi.

LOLCOPTRZZZ!!! Larry's new pic makes me feel goffy.

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) goffy goffy goffy

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) stoopd ppl

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Heidi wrote: "Ahh HAHA! RA, your new av cracks me up. It looks like you're trying to be menacing and the monster in the background is smiling and cheery. :)

My favorite of your avs is the one in which you look like you're trying to meditate and your son's making faces in the background..."

Mine, too. :)

message 32: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Larry, why is that dog soooooooo sad?

message 33: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) He's not sad. He's just really smart, and focused on making intelligent comments on TC. Oh, and reading your comments.

message 34: by Knarik (new)

Knarik (:

message 35: by Heidi (last edited Nov 13, 2012 03:30PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Not that you need to know this, Sally... but every time I see you post here or on GR, this is how I imagine you're poised as you type your posts or read others' posts:

message 36: by Heidi (last edited Nov 13, 2012 03:51PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments BunWat wrote: "I miss Jackie. :( "

Me, too. She's busy frolicking in Hawaii right now with the fella.

message 37: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'll tell her.

message 38: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) What does Hawaii have to do with coming to visit now and then?

message 39: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments We leave Friday for a week in Kauai. I'll watch for the happy, frolicking librarian and the beau.

message 40: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Never mind, I missed Heidi's post.

message 41: by Heidi (last edited Nov 14, 2012 11:04AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Also, HEY SALLY!!!!

I wanted to be sure you noticed I posted about you but since this stupid website doesn't let us tag you in our posts, I'm just posting again...

I really, really, really wanted you to see the picture of you that I always have in mind when I imagine you posting in TC.

Like, really... for real.

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments BunWat wrote: "Sally look at Heidi's 35!"

*likes*

message 43: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Heiderson, who's the other hottie in your av?

message 44: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yeah!

message 45: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jammies wrote: "Heiderson, who's the other hottie in your av?"

My hair stylist. Bless his sweet heart for putting up with me Friday night.

message 46: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) My hair stylist doesn't head snuggle me.

*feels neglected*

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't want to head snuggle with my hairdresser. It would be a little weird.

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24075 comments Mod
Very weird. Hair stylists try to get too familiar with me as it is. Just because I'm sitting in a chair and you're doing stuff to my hair doesn't mean I'm going to unburden myself of all my secrets to you. Move along. I have had stylists who I've never seen before ask me about my love life! Why?? Why do you care? Why do you have to have a conversation with your stylist anyway? Stylists always want to know if I'm married or single, do I live with someone or alone, what's my job, where's my job, how long is my commute, what am I doing for the holidays....etc. etc. Am I under investigation? Do you work for the CIA? No? THEN STFU.

message 49: by Meels (last edited Nov 15, 2012 01:39PM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Jeeze, LG. I think they're just passing the time. Take a book and I expect they'll bother you less.

My hairdresser is a 40-something Asian lady married to one of Mr. Amy's good friends, so we talk a lot, but no snuggling.

message 50: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments We also happen to be friends and that photograph was not taken while I was in his salon - it was taken while we were out together on Friday night - we were each invited by a mutual friend for a night out of karaoke and birthday fun. We sat at the same table and did a couple of songs together. He's always very professional in the salon environment. He's also very beautiful.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.