We're the Kids of America discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 12, 2009 02:11PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments I didn't see an introduction page, so I decided to start one.

I'm Rachel, and when I'm 18, I plan on being Independent.

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments better than being republican....

i is liberal

message 3: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments I'm Marley. I'm 14 now, most of ya know me. I'm mostly liberal....I guess.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments I don't like either party. I've seen different parties really divide people, and they seem really pointless.

It also could have something to do with my mom telling me everything that Democrats do wrong, and my neighbors telling me everything that Republicans do wrong. I could just be biased against both parties. ;)

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments ok.

I am elizabeth. i am almost 15 (1 month to go!). i am a liberal democrat.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments Nice to meet you Liz/Elizabeth. :D

message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Ha, your neighbours are right. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGlVhs...

:) Lewis Black...

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments :) u 2

tis funny

message 9: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Liz is older then me?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments The computer I'm on right now doesn't like youtube. I'll watch the link when I'm on a better computer. :)

message 11: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Okay! :)

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments Marley wrote: "Liz is older then me?"

i guess so.... why are you surprised?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I go by Domerin here and I am almost sixteen. My political views are based on my religious views, and I am a Catholic. So I am a Traditionalist and a minialist.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments I've never heard of a Traditionalist or minialist before. What are they?

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments i used to be catholic.....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments I'm Catholic too, Domerin. :)

message 17: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments why?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments It's the religion that is the closest fit to my beliefs. I also like some of the ideas from Quakerism.

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments like...

message 20: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 12, 2009 07:22PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments Most broadly, I believe in God, and the Trinity. That narrows it down to Christianity, and excludes Jehovah's Witness and I think Mormonism (I'm not too well-acquainted with Mormonism). I don't see a problem with asking saints to pray for you, which eliminates most Protestant groups. I agree with the "God guided evolution" theory.

There are things I don't agree with, though, like Original Sins. I think that we are pure when we are first born. I suppose that fits more with Islam.

I also agree with the Quaker idea that all of life is a sacrament.

message 21: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments mormonish?

ok,

message 22: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 12, 2009 07:23PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments Oh, sorry. I hate typos.

It's fixed. :)

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments me 2. i is a grammar nut (lol).

message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Most broadly, I believe in God, and the Trinity. That narrows it down to Christianity, and excludes Jehovah's Witness and I think Mormonism (I'm not too well-acquainted with Mormonism). I don't s..."

The pure when we were born thing fits Mormonism, as well :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments It does? Thanks. :) I love learning about different religions. They're all so interesting. Do you have any other interesting facts about Mormonism?

message 26: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments i also love learning about other religions.

message 27: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Send me a message! :)
There are some anti-Mormons here and I'd rather them not attack my beliefs at this moment ^^ That way we can talk without being interupted and such.

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments jayda -

that is probably a good idea :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments Ok. Just give me a second. :)

Annoying anti-Mormons. ;)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I made up the words Traditionalist and minimalist ... well adapted them anyway. Basically I believe in a minimal government, but not anarchy. Government involvement should be there only when necessary and they should do a fantastic job when needed, and do no job when not. As for the Traditionalist side, well I just like old ideas and, again, change only when and where necessary. Always by necessity.

I am a Catholic because I find no matter how many Atheistic arguements I hear I cannot deny to myself the existance of God. Something inside me stirs when I read the Gospels so I believe in Jesus Christ, and he claimed to be God. He also insituted the Church, which has Infalibility of teaching (when it comes from the enumical councils and the pope, not from individuals like priests and bishops) so if I believe the Gospels logic from that point says I must believe in Original Sin, the Trinity, life after death, heaven, hell, purgatory, et cetra.

That is the condensed version. Faith is an adventure, like all those wonderful stories on my bookshelf and the somewhat less wonderful stories in progress on my computer. You can't be entirely logical about those, so I can only be paritally logical about my faith. I just have to see where the ride takes me.

message 31: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Liz wrote: "jayda -

that is probably a good idea :)"

It probably is xD

message 32: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments ok. but just because you want something to be doesn't mean it is...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Who said I wanted something to be? For me it simply is, I had no base desire one way or another at first. For me God has always existed, even when I was angry at Him (that'll never happen again ... hopefully). I even tried not believing once and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Perhaps not logical, but considering the Christian God is the most unreasonable God in a long line of religions I don't think logic is necessary to believe in him.

message 34: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments actually it is the opposite you must not have logic to believe in him

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I have logical reasons to believe in him too, those are just secondary to the natural, immovable belief in him. And it has nothing to do with brainwashing parents. If you met them they'd tell you that I know how to form my own opinion.

message 36: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments ok.

message 37: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments ok. then why are you a catholic?

message 39: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 124 comments I would like to agree with Ivy's comment. I was on this group once before, and I was insulted. I, too, have come back to fight for the ability to show my opinion without being insulted. I appreciate logic and facts, not insults, so if you want to debate me, use those. Otherwise, I'm not interested. I plan on staying, just so everyone knows.

FYI: Though I am not Catholic (I don't have a problem with Catholics; in fact several of my friends are Catholic), I am a Christian. My family is Christian, but like Ivy, I'm not just in it because my parents tell me to. I love it.

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments ok you can also come to the link i posted

message 41: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments bye!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Good luck defending your position. I do not think I have the time or inclination to continue with this mess. If y'all can turn this back into a decent debating group, then great, may the Holy Spirit guide you in doing so. I must withdraw, however, and focus on certain projects that require much attention.

valete.

message 43: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Vale!

message 44: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Domerin wrote: "Good luck defending your position. I do not think I have the time or inclination to continue with this mess. If y'all can turn this back into a decent debating group, then great, may the Holy Spi..."

The holy spirit has time to worry about a children's political debate group? Hmmm.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

The Holy Spirit is part of God who is omipresent (and outside time).

Look at it this way, each moment in time is set on top of each other in a tower and God, existing outside of time, can look down at the world at any point in time and space and to Him it would be happening at that moment. For Him all of time is spread out before him; it doesn't flow like it does for us. So He can be anywhere at anytime and it would take up no more extra effort.

This is analogious ... not litteral, but that's the idea.

message 46: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Your full of shit.

message 47: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
""I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan"

No one is for abortion, so get that our of your head. I'll be nicer if you do. Second, there is no state of pre-existance. You don't exist, are alive, or are dead. There is no pre-living state that someone can be killed in.

message 48: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Hey, you said bye, are you going bye-bye now?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 234 comments I say Domerin should stay if they want. They may have changed their mind about not wanting to keep visiting the group.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still thinking about it ... and "You are full of shit" is not an arguement. I'm merely recreating (poorly, I'll admit) an idea of God looking upon time. It isn't unreasonable, but neither is it Church doctrine. Technichly Catholics don't have to believe it although nothing says we can't either. I'm not sure personally but it seems to be a good picture. God exists outside time and that might in of itself be the nature of His omipresence.

« previous 1