Teens Read Book Club discussion

Chit Chat > What is your favorite movie?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) My favorite is an oldie but goodie. I love Brigadoon with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse. I like fairy tales that end up very happy.

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna I've never seen that Popularandi. This is a really tough question. um... i love the Harry Potter movies. and chick flick/romantic comedies. I don't know that i have one fave. But lately I've really been wanTing to watch Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. I'm in a Halloween mode. I LOVE THE FALL!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like Japanese Animae stuff by Hiyao Miyazaki, although all the Japanse action things don't really interest me very much. Miyazaki's the guy who directed the new movie, Ponyo. I'm not seeing that movie in the theaters though because I like seeing the movies in their original Japanese dubs, even though I can't understand Japanese (I use the subtitles in English). My favorites of those movies are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, In the Grave of the Fireflies, Whisper of the Heart, Porco Rosso, and Totoro. I know you guys probably think those are stupid kid movies, but I can't help it:-) The ironic thing is that I don't care for Disney movies that much (except for Oliver and Company and Pocohontas). Aaaaah well.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate I have too many favorite movies! I love most of the disney movies (my favs are Beauty and the Beast, and Hercules; awesome music!), POTC trilogy, and the HP series. I also like some chick flicks like Twilight, and Ever After. Lol, I even like some of the old "horror" movies. I watch old black and white films with my dad. Movies like The Day the Earth Stood Still, and The Phantom Planet. Sorry if that was too much!

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) That's fine, Missorli2. My second favorite movie is Singing in the Rain. Can you tell I really love musicals?

message 6: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn My favorite would have to be The Notebook! I think that Rachel McAdams did such an amazing job...and surprisingly the movie was as good as the book if not better.

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill | 22 comments I have more than one, I love Sweet Home Alabama and Practical Magic and White Christmas.

message 8: by icecheeks411 (new)

icecheeks411 | 14 comments Hmmmm...
I liked
Stranger Than Fiction
Hope and Glory
Passchendaele

message 9: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) The Proposal (although I'm not much for chick flicks usually)
The Ring
DISNEY
Pirates of the Carribean (all 3)
Inuyasha

I can't think of any more English movies.

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (showjumperpro) Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them)
Austin Powers (all)
Princess Mononoke (along with all of Miyazaki's other movies)
Shrek (all)
It's Pat
Pan's Labyrinth