Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Books Under Discussion > Which Ones To Read

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah A. (last edited Aug 13, 2009 04:06PM) (new)

Sarah A.  | 19 comments I was just wondering what you guys would recomend for Jodi Picoult books to read.

I have read 19 minutes, keeping faith, the tenth circle, the pact, my sister's keeper, change of heart, and i attempted to read songs of the humpback whale, but i couldnt finish it.

I enjoyed them all except for songs of the humpback whale.

I am thinking about reading another one or a few more, but i dont know which ones i should read. Let me know which ones are your favorites that you have read, try to give me ones that i havn't read. Thanks.

Ps. I would recomend 19 minutes, Change of Heart, My Sister's Keeper, The Tenth Circle, the Pact and Keeping Faith.

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine | 7 comments Sarah A. wrote: "I was just wondering what you guys would recomend for Jodi Picoult books to read.

I have read 19 minutes, keeping faith, the tenth circle, the pact, my sister's keeper, change of heart, and i at..."

Sarah, I really enjoyed Plain Truth. It looks at the murder of a baby born to an Amish teen. I'm currently reading Second Glance. The book is pretty good. I think you would like it if you're into the paranormal. I hope these suggestions help. If you want some more info ~ let me know!

message 3: by Sarah A. (new)

Sarah A.  | 19 comments Christine wrote: "Sarah A. wrote: "I was just wondering what you guys would recomend for Jodi Picoult books to read.

I have read 19 minutes, keeping faith, the tenth circle, the pact, my sister's keeper, change ..."

Thanks. I will think about reading them. I currently have a long list of books to read so when i get through them i will try to read them. Let me know what you think of Second Glance when you finish it.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine | 7 comments Sarah ~ I finished Second Glance and liked it. It was not as I expected. As usual, Picoult touched upon some real cultural elements in her story ~ one being a topic that I wasn't aware of that is kind of scary! I'm sure that's why it's kept under wraps. I really am a little frightened and awestruck by the power of the supernatural. This book wasn't a horror/ghost story as much as an examination of those who have passed on but still have 'unfinished business'. These spirits have unique ways of expressing themselves. If you are into the supernatural, I would recommend this book. Happy Reading!

message 5: by Sarah A. (new)

Sarah A.  | 19 comments Thanks So much. Let me know if you have any other book recomendations. Even if they arent by Jodi Picoult

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 5 comments Sarah A. wrote: "I was just wondering what you guys would recomend for Jodi Picoult books to read.

I have read 19 minutes, keeping faith, the tenth circle, the pact, my sister's keeper, change of heart, and i at..."

I thought that Mercy and Picture Perfect were both good reads. Picture Perfect is actually a favorite of mine and my best friend. Mercy was a great read too. You should try them both!

message 7: by Sarah A. (new)

Sarah A.  | 19 comments Thanks I will think about reading them.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Sarah, if you're looking for similar books, I'd highly recommend Robert Wiersema's Before I wake or Diane Chamberlain's The Lost Daughter (US Title The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes). Loved them both...

message 9: by Sarah A. (new)

Sarah A.  | 19 comments Cool thanks