The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

The Series > General Discussions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Here is where you can put any general thoughts on the series so far.

message 2: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lianna (emiliaclarkes) | 187 comments Mod
I'm liking the series(: I like how it's turning out...and i'm interested in LIES, of course. I wanna know what happens next.

message 3: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Do you know when Lies is coming out?

message 4: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

May/June 2010. They're always a year apart in book series.

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Ok, I can't wait! I have about 100 pages left to Hunger. I'm reading it for my library book club. I can't wait to discuss it!

message 6: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

You haven't read it yet? Wow. :)It gets really good. Hurry and finish. No, really....take it slow. :D

message 7: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I should end up finishing it today. I'm a fast reader. :)

message 8: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Ugh it's bad to be a fast reader. Then you'll spend a whole year waiting for the next book...because of Michael's stupid cliff hangers :)

message 9: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I feel the same way about Suzanne Collins with The Hunger Games Trilogy. I love yet hate cliffhangers so much! And I was typing a response to your favorite character comment, but the page refreshed itself and erased my comment, so I'm mad at it and will write up my response later. :)

message 10: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Oh that stinks. ): I'll be patient (:

Yea. But i have not read the Hunger Games Trilogy yet. I own the book and started the first few pages but I haven't red it yet. I've heard it's really good...

message 11: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

It's one of my favorite series! I'm using Gone and Hunger Games to fill the hole that the end of the Harry Potter series has left in my life (not to sound pathetic or anything ;D).

message 12: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Lol :) You don't sound pathetic. It's the same for me. I'll read The Hunger Games soon then because my friend also read it and loved it.

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I keep hearing Hunger Games is good....I gotta read it!

message 14: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

It is so good! And the sequel is coming out in two weeks! I can't wait!

message 15: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I love how whenever I read a book it's way after everybody else and I don't have to wait for the sequel like at all :]

message 16: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I actually kind of like waiting for sequals. I like being able to discuss theories with other fans, and not just read through the whole thing in a few days. And if all of the Gone books or Hunger Games books were out now, that is exactly what I would do.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat Ya I know what you mean. It's more fun guessing whats going to happen next then to just read a whole series in five days (guilty of doing that on more than one occasion). There is no better feeling then starting the next book in a series after waiting a months and months for it. :P

message 18: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I love the wait, but sometimes I get the book an then I'm disappointed. Like I almost wish I didn't read it so fast! Thats my problem....I read too fast and the the torture of waiting for the next book and guessing what will happen :)

But I must say....there are some great books out there right now....so its exciting!

What is everyone reading during the wait for LIES?

message 19: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Haha, I do the same thing Jillian. I have to limit myself to 3 chapters a day...then put the book away as much as I want to read more...I have to save it. I have read a book too fast before and I hated myself afterward...seeing as the next book didn't come out until exactly a year later.

I'm reading the Mortal Instruments Trilogy at the moment to wait for LIES.

message 20: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I've been thinking of reading the Mortal Instruments for a while. So it's good?

message 21: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Yeah it's really good.

message 22: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I really like that trilogy! Its entertaining and an easy read. I like the fact that its a whole new world - its very different.

I'm hooked on the Vampire Academy series right now

message 23: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I love the trilogy. And Jace is...amazing. But I've only read book one. But I went to Target last night and they had two of the books...Sadly it was book one and three. So I bought CoG and I have to wait until next time to buy CoA. And I'm dying...cause I hate waiting. But I got my theories in my head...

Gahhh:) I love the Vampire Academy series! Next book comes out in 6 days. I'm so excited:]

message 24: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I'm running to the store to by Blood Promise Tuesday!

You MUST read CoA....you will have to send me a message and let me know your theories before you read it....I'm curious to see what you think so far!

message 25: by Kat (new)

Kat I loved the mortal instrument trilogy <3 Jace <3 and the hunger games is one of my all time favourite books. You guys are going to love it.

Hmmmm vampire academy. I haven't read that series yet, maybe I'll start it next. Any other suggestions?

message 26: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I know. I'm so excited for Blood Promise:] Gah, I'm going on vacation on Friday so I think I get back on tuesday. So I'll have to wait..but I'll probably buy CoA at the same time as Blood Promise ;)

Ah...I read a lot of books. But Vampire Academy is better than it actually sounds. :]

message 27: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Vampire Academy is seriously great. I know it sounds cheesy but its really good. I LOVE the main character Rose...powerful, sassy and funny!

My other suggestions would be Percy Jackson series if you like fantasy like Harry Potter, Sookie Stackhouse series for more adult vampire action, Stephenie Meyer's Host for sci fi, Devil Wears Prada for laugh out loud girlie story.

Thats my 2cents :)

message 28: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

The Percy Jackson series is great! It's a bit like modernized Greek mythology, and is really funny.

And guys, feel free to add topics, and if you have any suggestions for folders, let me know.

message 29: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

The Percy Jackson series? I've tried that...I read part of the book but never finished it...I'll probably start them again. And Host looks really good. :]

message 30: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I enjoyed the Percy Jackson series....I love greek mythology so it was fascinating to me. Plus it is hilarious!

Host is so different...hope there will be a sequal one day

message 31: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Aug 20, 2009 11:31AM) (new)

I heard there was a sequel coming to Host..

message 32: by Kat (new)

Kat I was wondering if I should read percy jackson series. It sounds pretty good, and is there seriously going to be a sequel to the host!?! If so I can't wait! Love love love that book.

message 33: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 4 comments I'm a bit late on the whole Mortal Instruments discussion... but I had to comment because they're my favorite books ever. They even beat out Harry Potter... and that's difficult...
... but anyway, TMI is amazing. I find it hard not to love every single character. Especially Jace. Ah, the sarcastic banter and amazing witty things he says... I must have reread them at least five times. I'm dying a bit each day between waiting for both Lies and The Clockwork Angel. Sometimes it sucks being a fast reader. :(
Hmm, let's see... recommendations... definitely check out the Maximum Ride series, but skip the fourth book, it was a royal pile of sh*t... the Wicked Lovely series, Uglies, Midnighters, Peeps/The Last Days, So Yesterday (yes, I am a proud Scott Westerfeld fanatic), Unwind (amazing... the whole atmosphere of the book is actually very similar to Gone and company), Skinned for sure, loved that book... and if you like faeries I strongly recommend Wondrous Strange. The author is actually on Goodreads... check her out if you want (her name's Lesley Livingston).

message 34: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) The Clockwork Angel? What is that?

message 35: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 4 comments The Clockwork Angel is the first book in the next Shadowhunter-related series Cassandra Clare is writing - The Infernal Devices. It takes place about a hundred years ago in England, and only one character is in both that and TMI - Magnus. Comes out sometime next year.

message 36: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Oh I didn't know she had a title yet! Yippee!! I can't wait for that! I put it on my TO READ list :)

message 37: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

It doesn't look very official.

And is it just me, or does the girl (Astrid, probably) look a bit pregnant?

message 38: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments She does look prego!!! lol i thought that when i first got the book!!!

message 39: by Leah (last edited Mar 24, 2010 01:39PM) (new)

Leah (aliveandwell) | 184 comments another good series is The Immortals. i love it! after finishing the entire series... i honestly hate it.

message 40: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I've read the first one of The Immortals. I'm going to start the second soon.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

BrightAndAlive wrote: "I've read the first one of The Immortals. I'm going to start the second soon."

same

message 42: by Annette (new)

Annette | 12 comments On the cover,
i think that sam has seriously bushy eyebrows!
heehe
not that thats bad, but
I think its really funny

and yeah, Astrid does look like she might
have a bread or bun in the oven *wink wink*

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam is cute in meh opinion, minus the squirrel-looking eyebrows. ^^

Astrid is pretty, but her face looked kind of oily and she had too hot pink lipstick...[I'm so judgemental, sheesh!:] I can't imagine her even wearing make up. I imagine her as a natural beauty!

Bun in the oven? OMG, what if that does happen?! Eeek!

message 44: by Jonah (new)

Jonah | 12 comments I bet that won't happen. Would've been interesting, though...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Very.

message 46: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments Interesting.
lol, :D

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

xD

message 48: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (Mikoroh) | 16 comments I just now finished Hunger. I felt so bad for Hunter. D: And I can't wait to hear more about Caine, Diana and Brittany. How am I supposed to wait for Lies? o-o;

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol ikr? ;)

message 50: by Anthony (new)

Anthony  (anthonyprince) | 698 comments ok i have a question. does anyone know where i could find a picture of the back cover of lies? i read somewhere that it had Drake on it and i'm really itching to see it. anyone know where i could find it?

« previous 1 3