The BookBum Club {HIATUS} discussion

FEBRUARY 2018 THEME > February 2018 Theme: BEAUTIFUL BOOK COVERS

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zuky (new)

Zuky the BookBum (zukythebookbum) | 107 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

We’re a month into 2018, finally! It feels like January has just draaagged along – or is that just me? I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the new theme!

I’m not a Valentine’s kinda girl so I didn’t want this theme to be predictable and romance based… therefore it isn’t!

… but before that, just to remind you all, the January review post will be up a few days after Feb starts so if you read a book for the theme, don't forget to leave your review link in the following (linked) thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

~

Anyway, onto this months theme!

THE THEME FOR FEBRUARY IS: BEAUTIFUL BOOK COVERS

Simply choose a book with an absolutely gorgeous front cover! This is all down to opinion at the end of the day… so take your pick!

~

I'll be reading:

The Good People by Hannah Kent

The Good People by Hannah Kent

This cover has a beautiful teal and copper colour scheme. The leaf / face print is metallic on the cover and the contrast of the two colours is absolutely stunning!

I’ve been wanting to read this novel for a while now, and not just because of the incredible cover, so I hope I enjoy it. I’ve heard so many good things and I do love a historical fiction so I’m sure I’ll love it!

~

Let us know what book you'll be choosing to read this month!

message 2: by Nora (last edited Jan 29, 2018 04:07AM) (new)

Nora  (raccoonstudiez) I think I am going to read Slated by Teri Terry
description
I fell in love with this cover when I first saw it but I never got around to read the book!

message 3: by Jamie-Lee (last edited Jan 29, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

Jamie-Lee (jlkfraser) | 17 comments I am going to read The Witches of New York by Ami McKay

I love the cover and the story seems very intriguing and perfect for a rainy west coast February.

message 4: by S. (new)

S. Cover love?! Brilliant. Perfect! I love that so much! I’m going to have fun trying to pick this one out!

Zuky, I didn’t finish my book for Jan but ended up reading two or three other new authors instead. I got a kindle for Christmas and went kinda reading crazy.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Oh, I like this theme! The cover in my TBR collection that stands out the most is Dream Storm Sea by A.E. Marling

Dream Storm Sea by A.E. Marling Gorgeous colours, plenty of drama, and bonus tentacles :)

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina999) | 18 comments When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman

I've had this book for years - it was picked by a real-life reading group I was in but I didn't have time to read it at the time. I think the cover is gorgeous and I hope the story does it justice.

message 7: by Joana (last edited Jan 31, 2018 04:46AM) (new)

Joana Bookneeders (bookneeders) | 3 comments I will be reading Shadowsong :)

Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2) by S. Jae-Jones

This is the sequel to Wintersong, which also has a beautiful cover. This one has (a think) a bluish snow globe like the first one, but it's broken and there are red poppies getting out of it. It also has a beautiful purple background.
It's just stunning! Plus I loved the first book!

Misty's Book Space (mistysbookspace) For this months theme I am going to be rereading a favorite if mine from last year and I think it has a stunning cover.

That book is watching Glass Shatter by James J Cudney

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 11 comments Such s great theme this month! I'll be reading The Bear and the Nightingale since it has such a stunning cover in every possible edition

message 10: by Zuky (new)

Inside My Library Mind wrote: "Such s great theme this month! I'll be reading The Bear and the Nightingale since it has such a stunning cover in every possible edition"

I love the cover for that novel! I have it on my shelf too :-)

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I saw this cover and had to read it!Next Year in Havana
Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton

message 12: by Cathy (last edited Feb 01, 2018 09:21AM) (new)

Cathy (goodreadscomwhatcathyreadnext) | 40 comments From my February TBR, I've picked The Optickal Illusion by Rachel Halliburton
The Optickal Illusion by Rachel Halliburton

message 13: by Hafsa | حفصہ (new)

Hafsa | حفصہ (vibingwithabook) | 20 comments I've finally decided that I'll go with The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar. (I didn't even read its synopsis before requesting it on Netgalley because of the beautiful cover!!)

The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar

Alex (ReadingBetweenTheNotes) (readingbetweenthenotes) | 8 comments I'll be reading The Essex Serpent!

The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate A (kate_everywhere) | 7 comments This was a difficult one, but I have decided to go for...
Nineveh by Henrietta Rose-Innes
Nineveh by Henrietta Rose-Innes

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul (paulusliii) | 2 comments I will be reading Savage Country. By Robert Olmstead

message 17: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorwcollier) | 3 comments I read By The Book by Julia Sonneborn! I fell in LOVE with the cover and it’s even better that it’s an Austen retelling of Persuasion!

message 18: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 16 comments This is what I read for a beautiful book cover The Ballad of Dorothy Wordsworth: A Life The Ballad of Dorothy Wordsworth A Life by Frances Wilson . And here is the link to the review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 19: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Maher | 10 comments I’m reading, The Power and the Glory by Graham Green. The copy I have is a paperback, with a book cover on top, but the book cover has cut outs to see the bits of the original cover through it. It’s very unique and very beautiful!

Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts (bookmarkyourthoughts) | 20 comments Hello! I love this theme! I've never really been into Valentine's, so I'm happy the theme isn't something like "romance novel" or whichever. This is a perfect theme choice <3

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

I'm going to read "Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur. I've been eager to read this for a while now but keeping putting it off to the side.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (bookwyrmknits) | 22 comments Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes is a book I've wanted to read for a while, but it was the cover that made me pick up this particular version as a gift to my niece (which I then read before gifting).

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes (Puffin Modern Classics) by Eleanor Coerr

message 22: by Magical_Bookworm (new)

Magical_Bookworm | 26 comments I am going to read Carry On. I've been waiting to read this book for a while now. Plus I have the paperback edition which is so pretty.

message 23: by Denise (last edited Feb 13, 2018 06:46AM) (new)

Denise Baer I'm a bit late, so I hope I finish Blood Sisters by Jane Corry by Jane Corry this month.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be reading Embers of War by Gareth L. Powell this month.

(Mellifluous Grant) (raeallic) | 18 comments Amalia wrote: "I will be reading The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell

The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell
..."

Gorgeous cover! Nice choice. Had to add to my TBR.

message 26: by Nikki (last edited Feb 22, 2018 02:36AM) (new)

Nikki Black Mamba Boy by Nadifa Mohamed Black Mamba Boy

I have just read Black Mamba Boy by Nadifa Mohamed

I noticed this book in my library because of its beautiful front cover. I love sunsets too! When I read the blurb, I realised it was all about Africa and was longlisted for the Orange Prize for fiction, so thought I would give it a go!

message 27: by Zuky (new)

Nikki wrote: "Black Mamba Boy by Nadifa MohamedBlack Mamba Boy

I have just read Black Mamba Boy by Nadifa Mohamed

I noticed this book in my library because of its beautiful front cover. I love..."

Great Nikki! Have you reviewed the book? If so, could you leave a link to your review in the review thread? Which is here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...