Cosmo Readers discussion

#CosmoReadathon Round 2 // Everything you need to know

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Luftikus  (MarieLuftikus) | 83 comments Mod
Hey everybody!
Finally I am announcing the second round of Cosmo Readathon! The readathon takes place from from the 19th to the 25th of March! I hope that the majority of you is okay with the dates, otherwise please contact me.
The Readathon will be similar to the first one! So there are five challenges and I kept some of the old ones and added some new. The rules are easy and laid back, so you can try for all of them, you can do just a view, you could combine them if you liked and you can use books you already started before you attempted the Readathon. It's all about meeting new Cosmo Readers all around the world and having fun! So, here are the challenges you're all eagerly waiting for:

1. Buddy-read a book
2. Read a book from your wishlist/immediate TBR pile
3. Read a book with special effects (visually, special layout, plot wise=>examples: a shiny, metallic or hollographic looking book of your choice, something with a special layout like Illuminae, House of Leaves, S or Replica, a book with a experimental writing style, topic etc.) Basically it's up to you what you consider a special effect, just something that makes your book stand out.
4. Re-read a book of your choice!
5. Read a book that suits a song lyric. (Example: The Proclaimers-I'm Gonna Be (500 miles): A roadtrip book, Sunrise Avenue-Fairytale Gone Bad: A fairytale retelling etc.)

I hope you like the date and the challenges! If you post your TBR or your Wrap Up on any social media or on YouTube use #CosmoReadathon. Over on Twitter (@CosmoReadersBC) I'll keep you updated and annouce the sprint schedule in March!
If you have any further questions, just ask me here or contact me on Twitter.

Happy reading and warm regards, Marie.

message 2: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Count me in!

The Challenges seem really fun (I loved the song lyric one!) :)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MICHKER) | 11 comments cool looking forward to it

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MICHKER) | 11 comments hello all if anyone would love to buddy read a book just message me i am flexible and we can work out the book and the schedule looking forward to all the challenges

message 5: by Marie (last edited Mar 05, 2018 12:41AM) (new)

For those of you who missed the mail or for new members:
There's a Cosmo Readathon GIVEAWAY!

As I mentioned I want to do a small giveaway for #CosmoReadathon Round 2.
So I wanna give you the chance to win a copy of the new edition of "Who fears Death?" by Nnedi Okorafor that releases on March 22nd. The book has been around for quite some time now, but I guess it's being republished, because HBO closed adaptation deals recently and George R. R. Martin is going to be an executive producer.
Also, I am going to read the book for Cosmo Readathon, because it's one of my most anticipated reads.

So, what to do to win one copy of "Who fears Death?":
Post your TBR either in the TBR/Progress Thread in our Goodreads Group or with #CosmoReadathon on Twitter, Instagram or on YouTube. The Hashtag is very important for me to see it. Also, be sure to follow @CosmoReadersBC on Twitter or join the Goodreads Group if you don't have Twitter, I'll check.
Only one entry per person (But if you'd like to post on several and/or different platforms, you can do that of course.) and it's open internationally, but Book Depository must be able to ship to your country.

•Open until March 25th 11:59pm MEZ

Happy Reading!

message 6: by Nádia (new)

Nádia Batista (eu_e_o_bam) | 7 comments I am in :)

I am still thinking about my TBR, but I'll post it before the readathon starts.

message 7: by Elena (last edited Mar 11, 2018 10:13AM) (new)

Elena (Jess3Elena) | 3 comments I will take part in this readathon. I can’t wait. I will blog about it on my blog - which is linked on my goodreads page!!!

message 8: by Elena (new)

Elena (Jess3Elena) | 3 comments What is does buddy read a book mean?

message 9: by Marie (new)

Elena wrote: "What is does buddy read a book mean?"

Reading a book with a friend or a person you met online. It's really fun! For example when you're reading a mystery and you investigate the murder together. :)

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena (Jess3Elena) | 3 comments Marie wrote: "Elena wrote: "What is does buddy read a book mean?"

Reading a book with a friend or a person you met online. It's really fun! For example when you're reading a mystery and you investigate the murd..."

Oh wow that sounds fun, how do you get involved in this? Thank you for explaining this to me.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Elena wrote: "Marie wrote: "Elena wrote: "What is does buddy read a book mean?"

Reading a book with a friend or a person you met online. It's really fun! For example when you're reading a mystery and you invest..."

If you don't already have a buddy to read with in real life, you can use the thread in this group to search for a book buddy or you might search on Twitter with #cosmoreadathon. Either way there are plenty of people who are still looking for a buddy themselves. If you get in contact with someone, I'd recommend comparing your books here on Goodreads, to see which books you're having in common. It isn't necessary, but Ithink it's the easiest way to find a book you both would enjoy to read.
Also, a buddy read hasn't to be two readers only. If you find more than one person to read your book along with that's totally fine. :)

message 12: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth | 0 comments hi, I`m still in the lookout for a Buddy, anyone interested?

message 13: by Vivi (last edited Mar 14, 2018 06:02AM) (new)

Vivi | 22 comments @ Nádia e @Elena,
se quiserem podemos BR o livro One of Us Is Lying. Tá na TBR das 3 e parece bem interessante para uma BR... vamos descobrir juntas quem é o culpado?! ;)

@Marie, onde comentámos os livros que fizermos BR?! Há alguma thread/espaço no grupo para isso?!

message 14: by Nádia (new)

Nádia Batista (eu_e_o_bam) | 7 comments Vivi wrote: "@ Nádia e @Elena,
se quiserem podemos BR o livro One of Us Is Lying. Tá na TBR das 3 e parece bem interessante para uma BR... vamos descobrir juntas quem é o culpado?! ;)

@Marie, o..."

Gosto <3
One of Us is Lying sounds fine by me! :)

message 15: by Vivi (last edited Mar 14, 2018 06:09AM) (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Vivi wrote: "@ Nádia e @Elena,

@Marie, o..."

sorry... I forgot this was an English group (I'm in Portuguese groups also)... I'll translate:

@ Nádia and @Elena,
if you want we can BR One of Us Is Lying. It's in our TBR and it seems pretty interesting for a BR... Let's find out together who the killer is?! ;)

@Marie, where do we comment the books we Buddy Read?! Is there any thread/space in the Group for that?!

message 16: by Marie (new)

@Vivi No, there isn't. Would you like me to open a spread? Otherwise I thought direct messages on whatever social media the readers agree on would be fine.

message 17: by Vivi (last edited Mar 15, 2018 04:00AM) (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Marie wrote: "@Vivi No, there isn't. Would you like me to open a spread? Otherwise I thought direct messages on whatever social media the readers agree on would be fine."

okay... I'll see with Nádia (she's my Reading Buddy) what she wants to do. thanks :)

message 18: by Nádia (new)

Nádia Batista (eu_e_o_bam) | 7 comments Vivi wrote: "Marie wrote: "@Vivi No, there isn't. Would you like me to open a spread? Otherwise I thought direct messages on whatever social media the readers agree on would be fine."

okay... I'll see with Nád..."

Oh look, my name's there xD We're working on it Marie, thank you :)