Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > NaNoWriMo 2009-2011

Comments Showing 1-50 of 248 (248 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
NaNoWriMo (short for National Novel Writing Month) is a challenge (not contest - just challenge) for all aspiring authors to write 50,000 words in a month! It begins November 1st and ends November 31st.

So, who else is doing it? ^^

Here's my profile for anyone who wants to friend me on there:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/312113

message 2: by Anneke (new)

Anneke (djalakuchi) | 17 comments I have been doing it for a couple of years now. How long have you?

message 3: by Anneke (last edited Sep 16, 2009 08:05PM) (new)

Anneke (djalakuchi) | 17 comments Oh yeah, and I am magelet.

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I first started last year ^^ I got all of my good friends to do it, too!

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments 50,000 a month? that's a lot.
i could probably do that...hm...just have to put more time into it...

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yeah... people say it's a lot, but to me 50,000 words is SO easy... Haha xD

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Just write 50,000 of the word "I" lol jk!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol Emma

message 9: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Haha xD It's surprising how many people will cheat, though. My friend couldn't reach 50,000 with just the book she was writing, so she fused another book of hers with her NaNoNovel to win. So sad :(

I got 60,000 words last year, though! It was SO simple! I hit 50,000 in the beginning of week 3. It was so fun!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh! Niceness! Lol

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth I'm doing it!! I did it last year and I won!!!!! I still need to finish my second draft of my book though. *sigh*

message 12: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yay! A fellow NaNo-er! I'm SOOO excited for this year! =P

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Me too!! I don't know if I'll be able to find time to do it though...

message 14: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Ahhh. That sucks. The benefits of being home schooled! Haha. NaNoWriMo is part of my English since I'm home schooled :) Yay!

message 15: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Okay, I feel CRAZY.

I had this awesome story idea (romance novel) called Dive. I was planning on doing that for NaNo, but now I'm going with something completely different that I know little about. All I know is that I'm drawn more towards this idea then I am to Dive, at the moment.

Oh, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback/ideas for my new plot?

Here's my NaNoPage for a short synopsis:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/312113

But if you need more detail, feel free to message me on here, or there, because I need some plot ideas :) Thanks!

message 16: by Ruth (last edited Oct 26, 2009 01:12PM) (new)

Ruth Hmmm... sorry, but your summary sounds a little cliche. Trust me, I know how hard it is to think of something original. So....sorry, but I personally think it sounds a touch cliche. I can't think of any ideas at the moment, but I'll get back to you.

message 17: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Haha, no problem :) It sounds cliche, but trust me, it isn't. I'm writing this book based off of recent experiences. It's based solely off of my life, right now. Alright, let me know :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

What is NaNo WriMo?

message 19: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

National Novel Writing Month.
You try to write 50,000 words in November :)
It's SOOO fun!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool.

message 21: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yep, it's really fun :)

message 22: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments I think I'm going to try it. Not sure if it will work with my schedual, but hey, it's more than I've been doing!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 01, 2009 01:08PM) (new)

Gosh, I started writing a story when I was like 8 or 9. I picked it up again awhile ago. And now I gave up again. I am gonnah write it on goodreads. It has most of the names from our fantasy roleplay on Mormon Kids. It was about elves who all had like speical powers, and there are five different kinds. I kinda feel like I am copying the show 'Avatar' though. But I started it before I had even heard of the show.

message 24: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

MWAHAHAHAHA. I have almost 10,000 words so far, and I got 8,000 of them yesterday!!! :D My goal is to hit 15,000 today and at least 20,000 by Wednesday, if not before then! ^_^ I'M SO EXCITED!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! Good luck!

message 26: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Thanks! ^_^ I'm such a procrastinator, though... I could've EASILY written 5,000 by now if I hadn't been PROCRASTINATING!!! D:

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

=D Cool!

message 28: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hehe. You should check it out! Its SUPER fun!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it like a website or what?

message 30: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yep, it's a website. -pokes first post- That's my account. You can sign up so it keeps your word count and that's how you have proof that you're a winner and such.

message 31: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Almost at 20,000 words on Day #4!!! :D

message 32: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Write or die?!?!?!?! But that's awesome!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah! WOO for Jayda! WOO!

message 35: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments That is way awesome!

message 36: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Go Jayda!

message 37: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Thanks :D It's so funny, I've been looking at all of these other people in writing groups that post their Write or Die stats and they have like 500 words in 20 minutes, and what not. I'm like "Wow, that's impressive." And then I get this and I'm like !!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha. They all "hate" me ;D

Emma - write or die. If you want to know what it is, you should click on the link. It's difficult for me to explain ^^

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

'Kay.

message 39: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I JUST HIT 50,000 WORDS FOR NANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments WOW.

message 41: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I KNOW! I'M SO EXCITED!!! Day 12: HOT 50,000 WORDS!!! ^_^

message 42: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Wow. I could not do that. I have so many things sucking away at my time. But that's really awesome. And I joined too!! Just btw.

message 43: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Thanks ^_^ Yeah... I've been told that I was crazy because of that. I've also told myself that it's because I have no life. But a fellow writer pointed out that it's not that I have no life - it's that writing IS my life xD Haha.

Oh, cool! :D

message 44: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Yeah if that's really what you want to be is a writer you have to work at it. So that makes sense that it's what you spend your time doing- writing (:

message 45: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

My dream is to be a New York Times Bestseller, so YEP! It's really what I want to be :) And I definitely need to spend my time doing it. It helps me improve ^_^

message 46: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Yeah so those other people need to go to the assylum and get a life.(not really (; ) You have one!

message 47: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hahaha, thanks! :D

message 48: by Lindsey (last edited Nov 28, 2009 06:23PM) (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Sure, anytime (: I'm always cheering my friends up cause of some dumb boys they know. I wish we could just snap out of stuff like that, instead of being depressed you know?

message 49: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Oh, yeah, I DEFINITELY know what you mean. -pokes NaNoNovel- I wish we could snap out of stuff like that. Actually, I wish that I wouldn't like guys until I meet the guy I'm going to marry, you know? It would make things so much easier.

message 50: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Totally!! I've never actually thought about it that way cause it is sooo impractical but it would be totally awesome. Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about! I've never actually had guy trouble(which I'm really glad of *breaths sigh of relief*) cause I'm not quite 16 yet. Just all my friends have at my age now so I know what mostly to stay away from and I get to cheer all of them up all the time because of their problems, yay! *blows rasberries lol* :D half sigh...

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heir Apparent (other topics)