Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

La Horde du Contrevent
This topic is about La Horde du Contrevent
1st in Series & Stand Alone BRs > La Horde du Contrevent [May 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I found Silverfox (new)

Angela | 3523 comments Mod
Buddy Read starts 1st May.

message 2: by Yanique (new)

Yanique Gillana | 727 comments I will think on this one. Reading french novels just always takes me so long due to my limited vocabulary 😩.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 3693 comments Mod
Oooh, I'd be willing to do a BR for a book in French, but this one is way too long...736 pages!

message 4: by idiffer (last edited Apr 30, 2018 07:16AM) (new) - added it

idiffer | 693 comments Uhhh, there's no english edition on GR, what to even do? I can't find the book to download. All searches for damasio are french versions. Not fair

message 5: by Yanique (new)

Yanique Gillana | 727 comments I got the free sample on Kindle and wow... This will probably tae me months to get through, lol!

message 6: by Virginie (last edited Apr 30, 2018 07:46AM) (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments Oh wow, I completely forgot about this!
There's no English translation, idiffer. I planned to read this with Elinor (the other Frenchie in this group) but I don't know if she's still up to it.

message 7: by idiffer (new) - added it

idiffer | 693 comments Can I cry discrimination? lol

message 8: by Virginie (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments Yanique wrote: "I got the free sample on Kindle and wow... This will probably tae me months to get through, lol!"

And this one is particularly difficult according to the reviews. The prose is very complex, nothing's explained and there's 23 POV.

message 9: by Virginie (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments idiffer wrote: "Can I cry discrimination? lol"

Yeah, sure! Then I'll reply with how unnecessary complicated beautiful the French langage is and other elitist nonsense. :p

Elinor Master of Gifs | 1143 comments Virginie wrote: "Oh wow, I completely forgot about this!
There's no English translation, idiffer. I planned to read this with Elinor (the other Frenchie in this group) but I don't know if she's still up to it."

If it's still good with you, it is for me. I just have to pick it up.
I didn't show here for a while since all I was reading were comics and it is kind of guilt-inducing seeing how you guys managed to read so much when I was just looking at pictures for months ;p

message 11: by Virginie (last edited May 03, 2018 12:48PM) (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments Yup, good with me. I won't be able to start until next Friday though since... I'm going on a vacation! To Almeria (Spain) :D :D :D

message 12: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2919 comments Ohhhhh, I might try to join sometime next week if I can keep in schedule with the other ones.

message 13: by Virginie (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments Miche wrote: "Ohhhhh, I might try to join sometime next week if I can keep in schedule with the other ones."

Yay! :)

Elinor Master of Gifs | 1143 comments I for one won't be rushing through it, I'm sure you won't have any trouble keeping my pace Miche ^^

Have a nice vacation Virginie ! :)

message 15: by Virginie (last edited May 18, 2018 12:04AM) (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments I'm hoping to finish my current read soon so I'll be able to focus on this one. I'll start this week-end no matter what!

Sorry for the delay. I've been too optimistic regarding my reading pace and over-scheduled myself. But I really want to read this book!

Elinor Master of Gifs | 1143 comments I've started it, just a few pages in, and I found this is quite unique !
Don't worry Virginie it's absolutly not a problem ! I'm making a small head start so I won't be behind immediatley ^^

message 17: by Virginie (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments Read Chapter 1! (view spoiler)

Also, the page numbers are going backward. Cool but I can't properly track my progress with that :o

message 18: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2919 comments I had a very lazy reading week, so now I am trying to catch up to the other books, lol.

I am hoping to get to this one after them.

Elinor Master of Gifs | 1143 comments Virginie : not going to read your spoiler yet since I'm still in chapter 1 ^^ but I think I will track the pages juste the way they are, in hommage to this peculiarity ^^

Miche : I find those lazy reading weeks can be frustrating ! even when you spend your time doing things you like and not chores ! Don't worry about being late though, as I said I'm afraid the one always behind is usually me xD

message 20: by Virginie (last edited May 21, 2018 12:44AM) (new) - added it

Virginie | 5039 comments @Elinor: I'm going to try and post some comments after each reading session. Just open the spoilers when you get there ;) That way, we'll be able to discuss even if we have different reading paces :D
I'll read this one very slowly I think. As in, one chapter at home once in a while, when I feel like holding that heavy paperback ^_^