#spiveysbookclub discussion

A Short History of the Girl Next Door
Book of the Month > January 2018: *NO SPOILERS* A Short History.... by Jared Reck

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) Use this thread to discuss the book before you read or during reading. Make sure to mark any spoilers with the *spoiler* tag (see above for html directions on how to input the spoiler tag).

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) Anyone else having trouble finding this book? My library doesn't have it. :(

message 3: by Elissa (new)

Elissa | 5 comments just went to look for it and my library doesn't either. A bummer because I decided not to do Between Me and You and wanted to read this one.

Lindsay Creech (littlelindsreads) | 3 comments My library didn't have either on Overdrive which I guess is to be expected since Between Me and You was just published. I ended up getting both through Amazon

Kaitlyn Joy | 4 comments My library had a Short History so that saved me some money for sure.

Kathryn Waeghe (kathrynwaeghe) | 5 comments I am currently reading this book, and at first I was into it. I was initially surprised it’s a YA book (I am guessing it’s a YA book, I don’t read the back of book covers!) but now I am about 40 pages in and wondering is the story really just about a high school relationship? I’m gonna keep reading, just hoping it turns into something more!

Kaitlyn Joy | 4 comments Hold on, there's definitely more to it.

message 8: by Jackilyn (new) - added it

Jackilyn (yackyjackie) | 3 comments I just picked this up from my library last week and as soon as I finish up Her Every Fear in the next few days I'll be starting it.

Rachel W | 2 comments Kathryn wrote: "I am currently reading this book, and at first I was into it. I was initially surprised it’s a YA book (I am guessing it’s a YA book, I don’t read the back of book covers!) but now I am about 40 pa..."

I felt this way for a bit, but trust me....keep reading!

message 10: by Jackilyn (new) - added it

Jackilyn (yackyjackie) | 3 comments I'm only about 50 pages in and I'm thinking the same as Kathryn. Hoping it picks up soon.