The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

The Series > Favorite Character

Comments Showing 1-50 of 605 (605 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Who was your favorite character?

I like Quinn, Edilio, Jack and Little Pete. I also really like Caine and Diana. They are really fun bad guys. :)

message 2: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lianna (emiliaclarkes) | 187 comments Mod
I like the bad guys too(: Well. I love all of the characters! :) 'Cept a few...I love pretty much all of the characters in the FAYZ. Some I enjoy more than others, some I like just cause they're creepy and some because they're shy and such.
My all time favorite is Sam Temple, the main character. I know some people hate him but he's probably my total favorite ever. He's fragile and scared, yet heroic, brave and strong. I love how he's naturally the leader no matter what happens, yet he doesn't really inside what to be but he knows he's the best person to lead. And he's just fun to read about. Drake Merwin has always creeped me out like crap but he's interesting me more and more after he tortured Sam nearly to death in HUNGER. It's really kinda scary to read about Drake but he's making me more and more interested in him. And there's Astrid Ellison, of course, the brians. She's a good character, probably my second favorite, behind Sam. She's smart, brave, and a nice girl. I like reading about her and Sam (aren't they just so cute together?). And Diana Ladris kicks butt. She's my idol, I swear. She's such a bad girl that always wants her way but somehow she seems to be a good person at the same time. And yes, you cannot forget Quinn Gaither. He is such a average person. He's scared, a little bit of a coward. I enjoy reading him to be able to relate. I don't think I'd tell the enemis what my friends' powers were and such but I'd be scared and have almost the same reaction to the FAYZ as he did. Yes, yes Caine's a charmer. I like him too. Oh I almost forgot Brianna! That cutie (: I love reading about her, Breeze. And little Taylor is cute with her little (or big) crush on Mr. Temple (: I forgot Dekka! She's so powerful like and dealing with homosexuality is hard, I'm sure. Well I cannot be sure, seeing as I'm Straight, but still. She's powerful, smart, and interesting...and a good leader.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I seriously love Sam - he is such a real character. He isn't some amazing hero...he is just as scared and young as the other kids in the FAYZ. I just love how Michael Grant makes him a real teenager!

Personally the Breeze cracks me up an Edilio is just a great supporting character. Diana has to be my favorite...I'm thinking she might eventually give in to Caine and fall for him.

Drake....scary!!! But definitely makes the book interesting.

The character I'm most interested in is Brittany...What is her power!?!? What is going to happen with her?

message 4: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I think that Brittany's power is just not dying. I hate buried alive stories. They're so creepy!

Edilio is awesome! He's one of my favorite characters!

The Breeze is really cool too.

Sam is awesome too. It's great to have a leader-type character who can't handle all of the pressure by himself for a change. Darkanddead, who hates Sam? I didn't even think that was possible.

I really liked Quinn because of how sympathetic he is. He just wants everything to be the way it was, and has trouble imagining that people can do the things that the Coates kids do.

This series has such awesome villians! Caine and Diana creep me out because of their manipulativeness, and Drake creeps me out with his sadistic tendencies.

All of the characters in the series are awesome. I love them all! :)

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I am seriously hoping Quinn gets more story time in Lies....he is opening up and finally getting a name for himself...instead of Traitor!

I heard that MG is going to introduce like 5 characters per book....I can't wait to see who he comes up with.

Plus...is Orsey okay? Or will she be screwed up because she saw the gaiphage's (SP!?!) dreams?

OH!?! I can't believe I didn't realize that Brittany can't die! She doesn't even have a heartbeat!

message 6: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Eeee. Brittany's story is creepy. Maybe she's just immortal...

Rachel, I've read discussions and people were all dissing Sam. It was so stupid. But how could it be reasonable...It's Sam. :] And he is...amazing. I hope Sam gets to kick some butt in LIES. Haha, I really want to see that. And I felt so bad when Drake tortured him...eee shudders...

Wow I forgot about Orsay. She probably did get really screwed up from that...I wonder if she'll turn out alright.

Jillian, really? Five new characters? Wow. I cannot wait for LIES :] even though it's like 9 months until it gets released.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Ya I love every charecter too. Sam's probably my favourite though. What can I say I'm a sucker for guys who can shoot lazers out of their hands. Just kidding.

Anyways, I really want to know where MG is going to take Brittany's story ... he is going to continue it, right? Anbody got a guess about what will happen to her?

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Wow....Brittany's story....Well first of all she is buried alive - or is she dead, but alive with no beating heart!?!? Ahh! I don't know! I do think it is one of the more interesting abilities...but since a lot of the 'abilities' are concentrated through the hands I'm a bit confused. I was thinking that when she was at the power plant she want to stay very quiet in order to try and surprise Drake and Caine because she wanted to take them out....I wonder if she was able to almost make herself so quiet they couldn't hear her...even stopping her heart?

She's a tough one to figure out, but I do hope they continue her story. I hope somehow she gets out of the grave and gets together with Sam's side. I want to know more about her.

Does anyone feel that the characters past kind of determines what type of abilities they end up having? Like its a mutation of one of their 'weaknesses' into something that will help them survive better in the FAYZ?

message 9: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I think that what power they get is based on their needs or conditions when they first start to develop the power. We know that Sam's power to shoot light out of his hands started when he was scared in the dark. Duck's started when he was floating in a pool (this goes along more with "condition"). Lana's started when she was badly injured in the ravine. Although, I don't get why Orsay developed her powers.

For Brittany, I think that Brittany's power is to not die until she kills either Caine or Drake. That would go along with her needs because she felt that she needed to survive just long enough to kill one of them.

message 10: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Aug 19, 2009 09:20AM) (new)

I agree with Rachel. It seems they get their powers when they need them...And interesting thought about Brittany. I mean...I actually think Drake is stilla alive. So maybe Brittany has to kill him...But I'm sure that anger Caine and Sam...seeing as both of them want to be the one to kill Drake.

And haha Kat. I'm a sucker for surfer boys with lasers that shoot out of their hands too lol.

Oh and I was reading a review and Michael commented on it. About Brittany he wrote,"I have the 3rd book, LIES, in the can. (Bad trouble for Brittney, I'm afraid.)" And he also said she she's not dead, but she wishes she was. So I guess not too good for Brittany in book three.

message 11: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Poor Brittany. :( I think that Brittany is going to end up killing Drake.

message 12: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Yes, I agree. I don't think she'd kill Caine...For some reason I think Caine is going to live through the whole series...like Sam.

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I definitely agree that she won't kill Caine. Either he will live or it will be a battle between Sam and Caine. OR....a battle with the gaiphage (sp? I never remember how its spelled!)

message 14: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I think you spelled it right, to my knowledge. I just call it the Darkness. It's more simple.

I'd imagine a battle between either one of those. I'm pretty sure Sam won't die. I mean he's the main character...and everybody loves him. But everybody thinks Drake is creepy (ugh) but Michael did say that he didn't want to kill off Drake. I really don't think Drake is dead. I mean he was thrown to where the Darkness was and it never did mention what happened after that. So i'm excited to see what happens.

message 15: by Sean (new)

Sean | 43 comments I like Lana 'cause she's so enduring and a page-turner.

message 16: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Lana was really cool too. She was really interesting in Hunger when she was trying to get the gaiaphage out of her head.

message 17: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) I really was hoping she was fighting the darkness...I actually thought she was and Caine wasn't and in the end they reversed their roles! I was surprised.

message 18: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Well, Lana was trying to fight the darkness, but it was stronger than her. She overestimated her abilities. Caine knew he was doing when he was going along with the gaiaphage. Lana didn't realize that she was being manipulated.

message 19: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 4 comments I really do hope Drake is alive. He was my favorite character practically from the first time they introduced him - he's just so messed up, you just can't help but wonder what he's going to do next, whether it's shoot someone or finally betray Caine. Killing him seems like a bad idea to me - now that Caine and Diana are practically on Sam's side, Drake (and the Darkness, if it wasn't really destroyed) would basically be the only real antagonist. And everyone wants him dead - that would make for such an interesting plot line! Everyone from Perdido Beach and everyone from Coates all hunting him down, and then he surprises everyone with his new super cool powers transferred to him when the Darkness was killed? Oh, god, that would be WICKED COOL!!! *races to write fanfiction*

message 20: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Bridget...you got a great idea! I bet Drake is still around and defintely maybe "a part of the darkness" or maybe the darkness will use Drake's body as its own!?!?

message 21: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 4 comments Exactly - you can't just kill off the Darkness and Drake Merwin that easily. There are still so many questions that have yet to be answered about both of them, namely "Are they both dead?", "Is the Darkness the cause of the mutations in the kids?", "What happened with Drake's whip arm - since the Darkness created it and the Darkness is "dead", does the whip disappear?", etc... I think Mr. Grant is definitely going to do SOMETHING with those two - maybe even involve Duck. The Darkness was always sort of the "big bad" figure, and if its powers were somehow transferred to Drake, who, instead of being killed by the radiation, is made stronger by it, would be another huge problem on Sam's list. I dunno, but I bet something cool is going to happen with that... in any case, Drake better not be dead!!! I can honestly say I don't think he is.

message 22: by Tobyroxy4 (new)

Tobyroxy4 | 1 comments oh my god i absolutely loveeeeeeee edilio...when he was shot by Lana i almost criedddddddd. Edilio is my fav character

i'm very confused about Brittany's situation, it's very creepy.

i also liked Duck and was sad when he died. atleast he died saving people.

message 23: by Leah (last edited Jan 22, 2010 03:47PM) (new)

Leah (AliveAndWell) | 184 comments i used to love Quinn , but after he betrayed Sam i kinda hate him now....
but i feel really bad for Brittney, the one who's half alive in the grave. i nearly cried for her!!! i cannot wait to see what happens to her, i hope she'll be ok.

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma | 11 comments I really like Edilio, but I also like Sam alot... I'd have to say that, for me, it's a tie for fave character between those two! I was sooo sad when Edilio got shot and was so scared I really thought that he was gonna die! :'( But thank God he was okay! I also felt really bad for Sam when he was having, like, a breakdown in his room. I just like them both. :)

message 25: by Lizzie (last edited Dec 07, 2009 02:50PM) (new)

Lizzie | 3 comments I like most of the characters, except Drake. He's just so creepy, it's crazy how twisted his mind is. My favorite is Diana.

I don't think Drake or the Darkness are dead because Michael Grant said he didn't want to kill Drake, and the Darkness is pretty much the ultimate evil, so it doesn't make sense for it to be defeated until the end.

message 26: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I agree about Drake. Drake is too creepy. I want him gone.

It's pretty easy to see that Drake is not dead. He's on the back cover of LIES, after all. I don't think that the Darkness could have been killed that easily. It has to be more complicated. It'll probably rise up again, like in Harry Potter. And I agree on the fact that the Darkness should not be defeated until the end because then where would you go after that? Nowhere.

message 27: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments My favorite would have to be Edilio he is just AWESOME!!! At first i was like in LOVE with Sam but in the second book that went away... Does anyone know where i can find a picture of the BACK of the LIES book? Please that would be helpful...

message 28: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Dec 15, 2009 04:36PM) (new)

Yeah Edilio is one of my favorite characters. He's so loyal. (: I would not say I'm in love with Sam but he is still my favorite character.

I have no idea where the back cover to LIES is. They usually don't release the back cover till later on. But I'm excited for that. I want to see what Michael thinks Drake looks like.

message 29: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments Yeah I can't find it it's making me crazy and i want to see what drake looks like!!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Astrid.
I think she's bright, [ obviously :] and caring, but she's also protective, and a fighter for what she loves. I relate a lot to her, I don't know why I just do with this character. Plus I love L.P :D

message 31: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Aw I adore Astrid too :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

And Edilio. He's hilarious and very loyal

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah (AliveAndWell) | 184 comments i love how Astrid uses big words to make people feel stupid!!! i love her!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, yeah.
My friends get mad at me because I do that
I love how Astrid is trying to insult Caine/Drake [can't remember. Think it was Drake" and she's like
"You...invertebrate!"
Nice comeback, Astrid :D

message 35: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (Who_You_Were) | 31 comments OMG this person on Twitter had a prediction! You all know how Brittany (agree really cool) has this slug thing on her? well someone said that Drake had a slug thing on him too so...
I don't know what might happen but...
:/ :D

message 36: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (Who_You_Were) | 31 comments what I think is that she might get some thing on her like Drake has his whip arm but thats just a thought...
:/ :P

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

:-o

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelGrant) | 2 comments I find it really interesting that so many people like Edilio. You guys have taste. He's not a flashy character at all, obviously, but loyalty and quiet strength apparently have some support out there. Cool.

By the way, my favorite character to write? Diana. I love doing her dialogue. She's such a . . . let's say witch.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Diana is awesome. She's not my favorite character, no, but she is my favorite evil character.
She just has that spice you could never call nice! :P

message 40: by Peroxide Blond (last edited Jan 21, 2010 12:41PM) (new)

Peroxide Blond  (twits500) | 671 comments I love all the characters, even Drake in a weird hate-him-but-books-wouldn't-really-be-the-same-without-him-way :) If Caine is gonna join Sam sort of i kinda agree about the darkness and drake being the only antagonists left... but has no one remembered the sadistic leader of the human group Zil? He's gonna be a baddy killing the "freaks" and pretty much runs half of perdido beach.... oooh interesting :)

message 41: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol i love her too...she's my favorite character. :)

message 42: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments I still love Edilio:)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Edilio rocks!

message 44: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments Woop! XD

message 45: by Leah (new)

Leah (AliveAndWell) | 184 comments I agree with Brook on the whole Drake thing, he gives me the hee-bee-gee-bees, but he makes the book so much better to read.
I also have mixed feelings about Caine. i really want to know why he hates Sam so much, or is that just the way he is?? so many questions.

message 46: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I agree with Leah.

I think it's just the way he is probably. He's mad because Samw was the one that their mother chose to keep, probably. And he wants to be be the ruler of the FAYZ but Sam kicks his butt every time.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah!

message 48: by Leah (new)

Leah (AliveAndWell) | 184 comments wow. so true!
i can't believe i never thought of that, but yeah i bet its because of their mom choosing Sam.

message 49: by Mary-Joy (new)

Mary-Joy Pugh | 23 comments Oh my gosh, okay here we go. I have to say Edilio. And Diana. Are my two very most favorite. Then coming in a VERY close second would be Caine, The Breeze, and Drake. I always loved Edilio, but I never realized it until the end of HUNGER when you-know-what happens to him. I was bawlling my eyes out, lol. He's just plain awesome, how he's always there for Sam, how he's mexican, how he just has his own style to him, you know?
And then there's Diana. I love her sososososoooo much dude. Her supirior attitude, her careful mask of emotion, the way she carries herself, how she's on her own side, and the other side of her: her knowing how she's not a nice person and not being proud of that, and (i think) her deep hidden feelings for Caine.
Drake Merwin. He literally makes the series what it is. Without Drake the FAYZ would not be half as cool. And, being an aspiring writer myself, I can apperciate really good antagonists. And Drake, well, he's one of the best I've ever seen.
Caine and the Breeze---it's harder to say why I like them, but I do, a lot. :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Mary-joy wrote: "Oh my gosh, okay here we go. I have to say Edilio. And Diana. Are my two very most favorite. Then coming in a VERY close second would be Caine, The Breeze, and Drake. I always loved Edilio, but I n..."

The Breeze is awesome!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13