The Thorn Birds The Thorn Birds discussion

Which actor comes to mind when you think of Father Ralph?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (last edited Jan 10, 2018 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brittany C I really just see Richard Chamberlain while reading about Father Ralph, mostly because I've seen parts of the miniseries and that's who ended up sticking in my head when I read the book.

You do you picture as Father Ralph?

Rebekah Martin Not quite sure, but I do think this would make an interesting remake. It's so long it'd have to be a miniseries again.

Bettyanne Twigg The role seemed to be made for Richard Chamberlain...

message 4: by Tome Reader (last edited Apr 09, 2018 01:39PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tome Reader Matthew McConaughey. He's got the rough good looks as described in the book. He also needs to be older than Meggie by at least 20 years.

message 5: by Tome Reader (last edited Apr 09, 2018 01:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tome Reader and a new Meggie? Saoirse Ronan.

message 6: by Mai (new)

Mai Trieu Haha, before I saw the movie, I had imagined Ralph is my favorite football player Paolo Maldini (blue eyes, curly and black hair, fit body) when reading this novel...But now after watching "the young Pope" played by Jude Law, I think this Ralph role was born for him.

A.M.G. Definitely Jeremy Irons for Father Ralph.

Anna Dominic West as "Father Ralph" - he's a sexy older man that can definitely pull off being torn between the priesthood and his undying love for Meggie.

Lily James as "Meggie" - she has a strong resemblance to a young Rachel Ward.

message 9: by Rania (new) - added it

Rania Adem Father Ralf :
Josh Holloway
http://www.drawingskill.com/wp-conten...

message 10: by Rania (last edited Dec 04, 2018 02:26AM) (new) - added it

Rania Adem Meggie : Rachel Ward
Father Ralph : Josh Holloway
Padraic "Paddy" Cleary :norwegian author Jostein Gaarder
Fiona : Michel Pfeiffer
Frank Armstrong Cleary :Vivian Dsena

Zsófi Teleki Jeremy irons if it cannot be Richard Chamberlain. This roll needs elegance and class.