Best Day Ever Best Day Ever discussion

Buddy Read - January 2018

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol (Bookaria) This is a buddy read of Best Day Ever.

IMPORTANT: spoiler comments should be hidden using the (view spoiler).

Happy reading!

Crumb I am around Pg. 100.. This book is pretty interesting so far. I am trying to figure Paul out.. but I can't.

I hope you are enjoying it!

Carol (Bookaria) Crumb! My friend! I planned to comment on each chapter completed but I started reading yesterday and couldn't stop!

I am already on CHAPTER 7 and so far...

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Carol (Bookaria) (last edited Jan 06, 2018 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol (Bookaria) More thoughts (still on CHAPTER 7)

(view spoiler)

and yes, I'm enjoying it!!!

Crumb I am loving this book, Carol! I am ahead of you, just a little.. but I want to comment on some of your observations.

I think it was a wise choice to have Paul narrate the story, it definitely sets a creepy and dark tone right from the start.
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Crumb (last edited Jan 07, 2018 05:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crumb More thoughts on what you commented on about Chapter 7..
(view spoiler)

Carol (Bookaria) I read more today, I'm around CHAPTER 8

(view spoiler)

Crumb I'm on chapter 14.. so I don't want to say too much..

But I will comment on what you wrote.

(view spoiler)

Crumb Carol.. does it seem to you that Mia really doesn't like Paul at all?

Carol (Bookaria) Crumb wrote: "Carol.. does it seem to you that Mia really doesn't like Paul at all?"

I think That at this point in the story Mia does NOT like him at all.

(view spoiler)

Crumb Carol, I think you are right.. I couldn't stop reading last night. This book is SO good.
(view spoiler)

Crumb Carol.. I actually just finished the book. I just couldn't stop reading it.. and of course I am exhausted.

I can't wait to discuss with you.

Should I wait to post a review? I definitely wanted to run this by you.. or at least let you know.

Carol (Bookaria) Crumb wrote: "Carol.. I actually just finished the book. I just couldn't stop reading it.. and of course I am exhausted.

I can't wait to discuss with you.

Should I wait to post a review? I definitely wanted ..."

Hi Crumb! I will finish it today, right now I'm about 57% in and will go back to it when I get home tonight, after work.

So far, (view spoiler)

So, good. You should go ahead and post the review, I will read it after I complete the book.

Crumb I have to say that Paul is one of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen.. Sometimes it's almost unbelievable.. his delusions of grandeur. He definitely is in love with myself.
(view spoiler)

Carol (Bookaria) I’m around CHAPTER 30

(view spoiler)

Crumb Chapter 30 cont..
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Carol (Bookaria) (last edited Jan 09, 2018 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol (Bookaria) NSFW = not safe for work

People usually use that acronym for content with nudity, violence, etc.

I finished it!

(view spoiler)

Carol (Bookaria) My review is posted here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Hope everyone reads the book and enjoys it!

Crumb I'll link mine here too..
My review is posted here:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 20: by Crumb (last edited Jan 09, 2018 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crumb My thoughts on the ending:
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Carol (Bookaria) (last edited Jan 09, 2018 03:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol (Bookaria) Crumb wrote: "My thoughts on the ending:
I'm thinking maybe there might be a sequel? I know I would love there to be.. Because as you said, he is in Palm Beach, searching for his next "sugar mama."
I also like..."

(view spoiler)

I enjoyed this, let me know if there's another buddy read you want to do :)

message 22: by Crumb (last edited Jan 09, 2018 04:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crumb About Paul's brother..
(view spoiler)

Carol, this was a lot of fun! We should definitely do another buddy read together.

message 23: by Darien (new)

Darien Welch I really enjoyed hearing both of your thoughts, having just finished! Buddy reads seem awesome!

The only word missing from Paul's description is clueless, and agreeing with you both about the end! I hope there's a sequel too!

A super enjoyable romp that I could not put down!

:)

Carol (Bookaria) Darien wrote: "I really enjoyed hearing both of your thoughts, having just finished! Buddy reads seem awesome!

The only word missing from Paul's description is clueless, and agreeing with you both about the end!..."

Glad you enjoyed it, Darien! We did too!

Crumb So glad you liked it, Darien! Carol and I had a great time reading it.