Whitewater Community Reading Challenge! discussion

Books > You Gotta Read this Book!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire Tidwell | 12 comments Mod
Share with us why we should read what you are reading! Brag about your current book!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Vance | 2 comments So far in 2018 I've read:

-The Cursed Child by JK Rowling. I loved Harry Potter and somehow life distracted me from reading this beforehand, but I finally have. I really enjoyed the plot, although reading this as a play was interesting. I used to do theatre so reading plays are nothing new, but for Harry Potter world it took some getting used to. I also really enjoyed the plot twist in it.

-Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I'm a sucker for memoirs, especially travel inspired ones where the author goes to find themselves (LOVE Into the Wild, Eat Pray Love, etc.) so I enjoyed this. Her writing style is easy to read and approachable as well as relateable. Great look into a raw period of her life.

-Currently reading: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. Re-reading this actually, but it's been a while. Like when I was in middle school while. I remember really liking this and am finding myself liking it again. I love a good mystery, and even though I've evolved from reading young adult, this quick read and my bad memory have my mind reeling to figure it out.

It's my goal to read at least a book a month since reading is a passion I've let slip.

PS: Is there another way to add our reading list other than discussion posts? I'm new to this platform and am still trying to figure it out!

message 3: by Claire (new)

Thanks for sharing Kate!
You can add to the bookshelf by following the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M
Let me know if you have any more questions!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Vance | 2 comments Link didn't work for me....

message 5: by Claire (new)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M...
Here you are! Hopefully this one works better