Our Shared Shelf discussion

Chat and Meet for "Country Here" > Meet Up - Anaheim, CA

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) I know there's already a Meet Up in LA but, that can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic. I was hoping there are other OSSers in the North Orange County area (Anaheim, Fullerton, Orange etc...even Newport, Irvine, Laguna Nigel).

Anyone else around there that would like to Meet Up?

message 2: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 1 comments Hi there,

I'm in North Tustin so this meet up is where I'd like to be. :) My work schedule is crazy but typically Friday after 5 and Saturday/Sunday are good.

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (glitterbot) | 3 comments I might be able to participate.

message 4: by Fay (new)

Fay Min (fayslibraryy) this sounds amazing!! I'd love to meet up as well!

message 5: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) Hi Fay,

We will be meeting again in two months to discuss the May and June book (not yet announcedl

Hope to see you then 😀

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 3 comments Hey, I live in Fullerton and I had no idea about these meet ups until just now! I would love to join for the next one when it happens :)

message 7: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) Sweet!!!!
See you June 😊

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 7 comments In the area and would love to discuss the next book in June with you guys. I've been trying to talk to people about Heart Berries in my day to day life but it'd be nice to discuss it with people who've read the book.

message 9: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) So since these next two months have two different books, I was thinking maybe we can meetup
May and discuss Radium girls, and for June we can discuss The Hate You Give?

The only reason I picked that order is because, if you're like me, you are most likely borrowing that book from the library and Radium Girls has less of a hold line

What are your thoughts?

message 10: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) What days are you available to meet up?

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 3 comments What week were you thinking? Most days I’m off work at 6:30 but I’m going to be out of town Memorial Day weekend. If it doesn’t workout for me, I’m okay with catching it the next time. 😊

message 12: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) So unfortunately I will not finish this book this month. I got sick and can't concentrate on reading. Would anyone else like to lead the meeting this month?

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 7 comments Maybe pushing it to next month and discuss both books? I haven't had a chance to read radium girls but have read the hate u give. Does a Monday or Wednesday evening work for you guys?

message 14: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) So because I want everyone to participate, let's shoot for July 3rd. 6pm at
115 North Orange Street
Orange, California 92866

I will send out private messages to everyone in case the notifications isn't turned on.

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 7 comments Hey you guys. I know it's been crazy trying to meet up as a group. hopefully a few of you did last week. maybe let's try again next Tuesday evening? around 7? or Sunday around 7?

message 16: by Griselda (new)

Griselda (graygal) I did not get a chance to finish Rebecca yet and I don't think I will have the time to read the 3 books selected for this month. Let's try meeting up again next year, hopefully, by then we have more availability.

message 17: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jampolsky (ejampolsky) | 1 comments Hi all! Just (finally) got around to joining the goodreads group. I’m in Tustin and would really enjoy meeting to discuss The Things I Would Tell You sometime before the end of February!