What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Playing All The Angles
This topic is about Playing All The Angles
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Distant mom and family drama. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mx3 (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments The book is similar to Elise Alden Hate To Love

If i remember correctly she is the middle child with a older and younger sister,the oldest is married the youngest is engaged to the middle sisters ex boyfriend or someone she use to hookup with.

She sleeps with said ex-boyfriend again before she finds out they're seeing each other and are getting engaged.

There is some accusations against a family member of abusing the h which makes her an outcast from her family with the exception of younger sister.

Her mother and older sister are really nastyto the h

She meets her next door neighbor and starts a relationship with him

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When did you read this book Mxe? What genre would you say it was--romance, literary, coming of age? Where is it set--country, region? Any memories of the cover? How did you find the book--recommendation, review, it was on the Our Staff Recommends shelf, the cover/back grabbed your attention as you were trolling through the shop? What age range is it aimed at?

message 3: by Mx3 (last edited Jan 04, 2018 07:37AM) (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When did you read this book Mxe? What genre would you say it was--romance, literary, coming of age? Where is it set--country, region? Any memories of the cover? How did you find the book--recommend..."

I believe i read it between 2012 - 2014 because i remember reading Elisa Alden book which I purchased in 2014 and seeing the similar plot line.

I think the cover was colorful but looking at what i shelved on this site and then looking through Amazon 85% of covers have been changed unfortunately.

I believe this site is where I found this book.
Since the characters are between the ages early 20's to late 20's I would think New Adult romance was the age range.

I want to say that is was set in America and the h might have been out of college maybe 2 years and had not seen her family in some time because of the drama between her older sister and mother, the father just went along with the wife to keep the peace

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Similar book mentioned by Mx3, the original poster - Hate to Love You by Elise Alden

message 5: by Mx3 (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments I'm still looking for this book !!! I remember reading either Elise Alden's book or the book I am looking for and thinking how similar this is to the other so the time line in 2012 to 2015

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 110 comments Hmmm... possibly Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 7: by Mx3 (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments Amanda wrote: "Hmmm... possibly Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

No i have that book this is what I also remember that she meets her exboyfriend from college I believe he might be an athlete ...towards the end the older sister and her become friendly again but the mom is still distant but even the father comes around

For some reason I want to say they are Italian and that is why the family didn't know that the now married younger sister is with middle sisters ex, she just brought him around as a friend becasue she didnt want her family to make a big deal out of it

message 8: by Mx3 (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments FOUND !!! FINALLY!!!!

Title of the Book Playing All The Angles by Nicole Lane

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Mx3. Thanks for coming back to let us know. Here's the link - Playing All The Angles by Nicole Lane.

message 10: by Mx3 (new) - added it

Mx3 | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Great! Glad you found your book, Mx3. Thanks for coming back to let us know. Here's the link - Playing All The Angles by Nicole Lane."
Oh you're welcome...it took a.while with over a 1,000 books on my kindle